Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Drow ranger

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Drow ranger 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dotav6.88 » March 24, 2020 1:28am | Report
Hi guys ,I’m big fans of drow ranger I have a big problem with this hero When I pick drow ranger then people trys to pick max hero’s which are traxes counters like pa,tiny or guard which can blink fast and remove me Other wise I don’t have a good reaction when they blink for example I’m in a team fight and I’m not at top of the teamfight I silences 3enemys and everything is good but suddenly a crazy guard or tiny blink to me and harass me or kill me and I’m sure they just come to kill me no other hero Plz tell what to do I tried to buy a blink to blink fast when they come to me but it’s really hard because they are in fogs or over trees where I can’t see them or they come from behind Tiny jump and toss fast then necro Dagon or use ultimate from far and finish me

Dotav6.88

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » March 24, 2020 1:57am | Report
Hello and welcome!

As Drow Ranger it's very important to position yourself safely and to not show your position at the beginning of a fight.

You have to check what heroes from the enemy team can jump on you and also what items could enable them to lock you down (e.g. Tiny, Axe, Abyssal Blade, Blink Dagger, etc.)

Try to allow your team to initiate the fight and give the enemies a few seconds to react and to engage in the fight with your team. Afterwards, when you can clearly see the positioning of all the enemy heroes, you can decide if you can jump in and help or not.

Play safely and smart, use positioning to your advantage! Having a strong support to keep you alive is also very useful for heroes like Drow Ranger (e.g. Oracle or Vengeful Spirit.

Good luck!
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Lukehere » June 19, 2020 3:31am | Report
I also play drow ranger. Thanks for the great advice.

Lukehere

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved