Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Diablo3 Open Beta available for download only during weekend

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Diablo3 Open Beta available for download only during weekend 21 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by coach5k16022 » April 22, 2012 2:18pm | Report
Nah you are wrong, this is D2 expansion 2. New things like what, graphics and how people talk and interact with each other? Abilities? Less classes to choose from than D2 unless they plan on coming out with more. D3 most likely won't be worth buying until the expansion for it. Maybe it'll be unique by then.

coach5k16022

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Leech » April 22, 2012 3:36pm | Report
If you actually did play D2 than you would know that there is the exact same amount of classes in D2 that there is in D3 (5 before expac). Also there is 6 spell slots to use instead of a maximum of 2 in D2 in which your spell choices are not set in stone like D2 where you need to make a new character if you mess up or want to go a different specialization. Individual looting, auction house, random events, lore acquisition through active journals as well as monster encounters. Crafting.. the list goes on. I'd recommend doing a bit of research before telling someone they are wrong when in fact you are.

Leech

Remarkable (25)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Iratesniper » April 22, 2012 4:10pm | Report
Wow, thanks for the info Leech, I'm even more excited now :)

Iratesniper

Notable (5)
Steam: Iratesniper
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by coach5k16022 » April 22, 2012 4:23pm | Report
Leech you just proved my point...Everything you just stated is pretty much an expansion on D2. ONLY different thing is the Auction House. Everything else you stated is something they easily could've incorporated into a d2 expansion. And you don't need to make a new character in d2, there are times to re-new your abilities and start your abilities from scratch. Individual looting, random events, journals, monster encounters, these are all the things that make it feel like an expansion. It's not special to D3, just an ENHANCEment of d2.

coach5k16022

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Leech » April 22, 2012 4:26pm | Report
coach5k16022 wrote:

Leech you just proved my point...Everything you just stated is pretty much an expansion on D2. ONLY different thing is the Auction House. Everything else you stated is something they easily could've incorporated into a d2 expansion. And you don't need to make a new character in d2, there are times to re-new your abilities and start your abilities from scratch. Individual looting, random events, journals, monster encounters, these are all the things that make it feel like an expansion. It's not special to D3, just an ENHANCEment of d2.

This literally makes no sense. By your logic Any game series is an "expansion". Dota 2 is hardly different from DotA, but that doesn't make it a **** game. A series is generally a similar game with enhancements that require a better engine. What do you want? After playing D1 and D2, you want it to all the sudden be a first person game?

Leech

Remarkable (25)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Iratesniper » April 22, 2012 4:39pm | Report
I agree, because diablo is a hack/slash, dungeon, adventure, etc. genre. The same could be said for other games such as torchlight, its in general the same, but with differences, thats what all genre games are like. It still makes it a very different game.

Iratesniper

Notable (5)
Steam: Iratesniper
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by coach5k16022 » April 22, 2012 7:35pm | Report
I don't think you understand what I'm saying. Everything in D3 is possible in D2. There are things that sc2 has that sc1 could not handle and there was no way it wouldve been capable to work. Hotkey groups and how they differ between the games because sc1 is not capable of it. All the warcraft games when they change 1-2-3 all have huge, significant differences in technology in the game that was not possible in the previous game, which is why it's its on game, not an expansion. D3 elements are all possible within D2, nothing in D3 I feel is unique that couldn't be done in D2.

coach5k16022

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by coach5k16022 » April 22, 2012 7:37pm | Report
own game**, and there are tons of more examples just used the hotkey groups as one.

coach5k16022

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Leech » April 22, 2012 11:12pm | Report
I disagree that all of this could be applied to D2 and why would they? They have better resources now, creating a whole new game is a good idea and blizzard is still a business.

Leech

Remarkable (25)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Desides » April 23, 2012 9:27am | Report
Been there, played that.

Steam: Desides
LoL: Desides
HoN: HA

Desides

Notable (2)
Steam: Desides
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved