Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Baldur's Gate

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Baldur's Gate 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » July 8, 2015 12:11pm | Report
So recently while searching for good rpga, I stumbled across this. Has anyone ever played them? If yes, how are they??
Also, I read that they are related to the Dungeons and Dragons universe, would it effect my gameplay if I do not know anything about D&D?

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » July 8, 2015 7:42pm | Report
Baldur's Gate is a genius game. Must play 100%. Don't play the HD rebooted version, play the old ones. Not sute about the relation tot D&D though.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » July 8, 2015 7:52pm | Report
Baldur's gate, both 1 and 2, are the best single player RPGs that ever existed. If you haven't played them, then don't hesitate.
Great in-depth story, great characters, and literally the best gameplay mechanics and combat system ever. Graphics are of course good oldschool 2D but they're still well done.

You don't need to know anything about D&D to play the game. You just need to know how to read :)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » July 9, 2015 12:11am | Report
How in thw world do I get the old ones :|
One of my friends has both the new ones. Any specific reason why I shouldn't play them?

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » July 9, 2015 12:49am | Report

NEVERWINTER NIGHTS

i dont even care what u like ... every single rpg lover HAS to play this BEAST OF A FUBEWRWUVBEUIVBR$VN GAME... this thing when it came out had F***KIN PARTICLE PHYSICS AND FULL 3D RENDERED LANDSCAPES IN 1998 LIKE R U F**&&*N KIDDING ME WHAT IS THIS 2010? THIS *****IN SEXY MOFO OF A GAME WAS SO AHEAD OF ITS TIME IT KILLED A TIMETRAVELLER JUST FOR THE HELL OF IT THEN STOLE HIS WIFE! THIS GAME WAS SO GOOD I SOLD MY MOTHER FOR IT THEN USED ITS SEXY AS F**K GRAPHICS TO MESMERISE THE DEALER OF IT AND STEAL MY POOR MOTHER BACK! OMG AND THE STORY! JESUS H MARY MOTHER OF CHRIST THE STORY! THIS THING WILL MAKE YOU CRY PISS AND SCREAM WHILE LOVING IT AND ASKING FOR MORE LIKE A CRACK ADDICTED SEMI AUTISTIC GOAT! THIS GAME HAS ONE OF THE BEST OPENING LEVELS OF ANY GAME HANDS DOWN LIKE R U KIDDING ME BRUV? OH FIRST LVL MAKES YOU FIGHT AGAINST A INVASION OF ****ING NINJA DEMONS? U FOKINWOTM8? ALSO! THE ******** RANGE OF CHOICE! FIRST MUTHATRUCKIN MORALITY SYSTEM IN A GAME! EVER! LIKE OH YOU WANT TO HELP THAT KID FIND ITS PUPPY? WHY NOT SELL THAT LITTLE WHINING MONEY HOLE INTO SLAVERY AND THEN FIND THE PUPPY ANYWAY AND TRAIN IT TO KILL CHICKINLICKNGTICKLINGSTICKING DRAGONS! OH OH OH U WANT TO HIT THINGS? BECOME A WARRIOR BABY AND UNLEASH YOUR RAGE IN THE FORM OF SHARP POINTY STICKY THINGS ! OH YOU WANT TO BLAST THE **** OUT OF THINGS WITH OTHERWORDLY POWERS? HOW ABOUT ONE OF THE EIGHT ! THATS RIGHT WEIGHTYDATEYMAETY EIGHT EIGHT EIGHT MAGE CLASSES! OH BUT WHATS THAT I HEAR U SCREAM? MORE CHOICE? OH IVE GOT YOU BRUV! OVER 10 CLASSES AND OVER 50 SUB CLASSES ! WANT TO MIX AND MATCH HOW ABOUT A CHAOTIC EVIL PALADIN WHO TALKS TO BEASTS? YOU TRIPPINGDRIPPINGRIPPING RIGHT YOU CAN! OH STILL NOT ENOUGH FOR YOU? HOW ABOUT THE OVER 200= HOURS OF QUESTS YOU CAN GO ON! THATS RIGHT ! THIS GAME IS SO GOOD IT WILL STEAL YO WIFE STEAL YO GRILL AND STEAL YOU HOUSE AND THEN FOR KICKS LET YOU LIVE IN IT BUT PAY RENT ALL THE WHILE WAKING YOU UP EVERY NIGHT WITH FEATHER LIGHT TOUCH OF ITS PURE EPICNESS! BUT WAIT THERES MORE! MORE ? YES YOUR ACHYLAKEYRAKEY RIGHT THERES MORE! FINISHED THE GAME SO MANY TIMES YOU CANT EVEN THINK OF ANOTHER CLASS TO GO OR ANOTHER WAY TO GO?

BUILD YOUR MOTHERFLIPPING OWN WORLD

YOU ******** JARED LETO BATMAN VS SUPERMAN RIGHT YOU HEARD ME! THIS GAME CAME WITH A BUILT IN EASY TO USE WORLD CREATOR AND QUEST CREATOR! GO LOOK ON FORUMS THERE ARE SO MANY DOWNLOADABLE QUESTS AND WORLDS THAT YOU CAN LOSE YOURSELF FOR ETERNITY! THATS RIGHT ...... E T E R N I T Y ! NOW GO GET IT BEFORE IT GETS YOU!!!!

you better get it or a feel like there is no hope for the world.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » July 9, 2015 7:51am | Report
I think Icewind Dale is a really nice game, I haven't played it for awhile, but you get to customise a group of 4 ( I believe, might be 5 but I can't remember ) and go and do some quest stuff. I got this game when I was maybe 8 y/o and I remember having difficulties with it, but back then I didn't read any of the text or customise my characters with much thought. I do remember the first 20 mins or something of it, and I remember it being quite fun. I'll pop the disk in now and see if I can get myself any further, can maybe give you more of an update on what there is to do.

EDIT: Apparently it's adapted from Baldurs Gate, so I assume this game will be pretty good.

EDITx2: oops okay, I thought you were asking about good RPGA and seeing smuggles' post my thought were confirmed. Anyway this game is built upon the Baldur's Gate engine, so I think It fits into the same class as that. :p Sorry about the confusion lawl

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » July 9, 2015 8:09am | Report
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll try the ones mentioned after both the Baldur's Gate

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved