Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Forge of Creation #3 Winner !

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » News » Forge of Creation #3 Winner ! 34 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » October 17, 2014 7:48am | Report
Wow, we could have a real writer lounge here ! Many beautiful stories, it seems like people here have a really good imagination. But, only one story can be the best, and that is:

So, without further due, the winner of the Forge of Creation #2 is :

Yzreel - 331.5 points

Terathiel - 329 points

Cuttleboss - 326 points

The Winner's Submission:

Zeus the Lord of Olympus

It was time immemorial, pitch darkness reigned mighty and the vilest of creatures inhabited the plane. There was neither night nor day; there was neither time nor space. There was only darkness, darkness as far as the eye can see, darkness as deep as senses can feel.

The Titans looked into the plane, thinking to meld a new element into the plane, and thus, in the midst of darkness a faint crackle was heard. The crackle grew to spark, and with that, the first roaring thunder befell the plane. Brilliant light of the thunder lasted for decades, wiping the night and all its creatures amidst a deafening rumble. Creatures of the plane-crippled by terrors of the night creatures-started to worship the bright light and called it as the First Day. The creatures worshipped the first thunder, calling it with reverence as Zeus, and treated it as the father of all ensuing thunders.

Eons passed, and the first thunder was then replaced by the invention of sun, but not for a moment did the creatures stop worshipping Zeus. Being worshipped for as long as it existed, the first thunder grew conscience, believing itself to be Zeus-or as called by creatures of the plane-the Lord of Olympus.

Craving for more reverence, Zeus strived to descend into mortal plane, to show himself as the God they were worshipping. Eons' worth of work finally paid off, and as he invented a spell later known as the Sempiternal Cantrap he became a quasi-immortal, descending into the plane with no memory of his past, only remembering few things: his craving of reverence, the arrogance it bore, and the name Zeus, the Lord of Olympus.

Thanks to everyone for joining, stay tuned for the next editions!

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » October 17, 2014 7:51am | Report
Wait... I thought everyone was talking about BK....

Anyways, GG WP Yzreel, I LOVED your story.

Quoted:
Arrogance is the bane of all life
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » October 17, 2014 8:33am | Report
> Well played!

> Game is hard.

> Relax, you're doing fine.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » October 17, 2014 8:48am | Report
GG WP, this was a fun time. Great job to everyone that put in the time and effort to write these amazing backstories. Can't wait for the next FOC. Also if you could post the full scores Wulfy, that would be cool as well.

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » October 17, 2014 9:21am | Report
Aww, yes. Yzreel gets his deserved victory, and Terathiel follows closely.

Also, I never imagined that I would even get third place. Not bad.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » October 17, 2014 9:39am | Report

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » October 17, 2014 12:27pm | Report
Thanks guys! I really didn't expect to win this one, considering how there are so many great submissions this time.

Thanks for all the support and I hope we all can compete again in the next one :D
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » October 17, 2014 1:18pm | Report
Next one coming this Monday, don't worry, I have everything down. Will announce more details tomorrow. Gingerbread gives me mastermind levels of brainstorming. It's still going to involve Random.org and random heroes, however this time you'll have to do something else.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » October 17, 2014 4:00pm | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Next one coming this Monday, don't worry, I have everything down. Will announce more details tomorrow. Gingerbread gives me mastermind levels of brainstorming. It's still going to involve Random.org and random heroes, however this time you'll have to do something else.

ooohhh! Wait, does Yzreel get double badge, then?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » October 17, 2014 4:43pm | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Did Yzreel chose the theme?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved