Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New Player coming for League Lf mentor

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Mentoring » New Player coming for League Lf mentor 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sckadoosh » July 24, 2014 9:35am | Report
W***up! I'm a new player to Dota2, but I've been playing league for about a year and half now. I'm just lookin for someone who's willing to help me out with Dota because apparently I'm pretty bad the camera locking is taking especially long to get use to. I'm primarily interested in maining jungle and high dmg/cc support heroes.

sckadoosh

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » July 24, 2014 9:51am | Report
i can't be of much help in the mentoring department, and im not sure if you have looked over all ther heros in detail yet, but from what you want to play, i can recomend you to these heros;
Lina, Lion, Shadow Shaman, Crystal Maiden, Enigma, Chen and Enchantress (warning, micro required), Axe, doom bringer... there are more i could throw in, but i wanted to stick as close as i could to want you were looking for. Hope this hels you in you dota eperience.

EDIT: Sand King might also be what you are looking for

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » July 24, 2014 10:06am | Report
You can't "main" jungle in dota - simply because there are no real junglers in dotka. There are heroes that can indeed sit in jungle from level 1 and farm there, but they can be on any other lane and do same or better (with some exceptions). You need to know that every single dota 2 jungler forces you to use more than 1 unit at a time. If you want heroes to jungle, then:
- Enigma - fastest jungler in the game, very strong team fight abilities + some push
- Enchantress - offensive, and somehow durable support with heal, slow and attack modifier. She can control neutral and lane creeps
- Chen - more defensive and less durable version of enchantress, can also control neutral and lane creeps, have global heal, can send his mates to base.

There are NO other viable junglers in this game and don't let 0 mmr sheetties tell you otherwise. You will see people jungling with Lifestealer, Axe, Legion Commander, Ursa and Doom - if you (sadly) get one of these guys in your team, you're playing 4v5 game with 1 to 0 support.
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sckadoosh » July 24, 2014 10:16am | Report
Yeah I've been playing Enigma a lot lately. Fell in love with his E+ult combo for initiating. One of my biggest issues is the camera seeing as in LoL it locks to your champ. Any tips on making it easier to not lose sight of my hero when the fight starts as well as micro managing his minions?

sckadoosh

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » July 24, 2014 10:52am | Report
sckadoosh wrote:

Any tips on making it easier to not lose sight of my hero when the fight starts as well as micro managing his minions?

Practice makes perfect? I pan useing hotkeys because im trash and should uninstall, but i find that i almost never lost track of my hero when i was new to the game, and know with some experience, i know where my hero is any any given time. Something i have set up though is 1 in my main hero. so when i hit 1 i auto select to my hero and if i double hit 1, it takes me right to my hero, so you could try that.

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved