Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[Mentor] available, high-mid skill for support players

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Mentoring » [Mentor] available, high-mid skill for support players 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » July 8, 2013 10:47am | Report
I fancy having a proper crack at mentoring after teaching various friends and am looking for a few students. I want to keep the numbers to 2-3 students at a time so I can give them enough time and attention to move them on, and because my playing time is somewhat limited. Feel free to post asking for help if I'm already full, and I'll try to get to you in due time.

What I can offer:

Although I'm fairly experienced with all roles, my expertise is mostly with Support heroes, initiators and hard lane solo. I usually play in the Very High bracket and will be available a few nights per week. Sessions will be 1 to 1, analysing your replays, and I'll be happy to answer any general questions you have. I've written a lot of guides (!) and will try to explain to you WHY you should do something as well as telling you to do it!

What you need:

- I don't really want to start from scratch, so you need to be at least an intermediate with 100+ games.

- A good attitude towards learning and respect for other players

- Within a few hours of GMT and able to play on EU West with a good ping

- Good spoken English and a microphone

Signature Support Heroes: (there are plenty of others I can play, but these are my top ones)

Bane
Dark Seer
Enigma
Lion
Ogre Magi
Shadow Shaman
Treant Protector
Warlock

If you're interested, leave a post here with your steamID and I'll get back to you!
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Luda3 » July 11, 2013 10:33am | Report
SteamID: Luda_3

Hey Sando ,
I Would like you To Teach me more about support heroes as all i play is usually Carry's EG: Huskar,Bloodseeker,Pudge ..etc

If you would like to help me out add me on Steam Luda_3

Luda3

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by D2TheRich » July 12, 2013 11:23am | Report
Hello Sando,

I'm interested in improving my support game. Have 100+ games, 96 wins. My steam ID is D2TheRich. Thank you!

D2TheRich

Steam: D2TheRich
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » July 12, 2013 11:51am | Report
Hi guys, no problems, I'll add you both on Steam and we can have a chat about what you want to look at first!

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by daxmd » July 17, 2013 1:55am | Report
This sounds like an amazing opportunity... I started my own looking for mentor thread on these boards. I have over 100 wins on one of my accounts (been playing for about 6 months now) and I watch a lot of JoinDota broadcasts, so I know a little bit but would love to learn more. Dark Seer is my hero, and solo hard laning is something I think I would like doing based on my play style in other competitive games. Anyway, DaxMD is my steam name.

daxmd

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by saifthedestroyer » July 17, 2013 10:06am | Report
ID: saifthedestroyer i will show up as mr.mau5
just add me up cause i find that im VERY weak at support heros even though i have like 500games
i rush mask of madness and basher on puck :3

saifthedestroyer
<Editor>

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cerenity » July 24, 2013 1:16pm | Report
Hey Sando,
I normally play a support role however ive seem to hit a sort of wall in my progress/skills any help you could impart would be greatfully received.
My steam nick is Cerenity and have mic and speak english.

Many thanks

Cerenity

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » July 27, 2013 4:45am | Report
Hey guys, I'm doing some work with Rich and Luda at the moment and seeing where we can improve their games. Cos of timezone differences it's not taking too long, but at the moment my playing time is somewhat limited. I'll add you all on steam and try to get to you - please be patient!

In the meantime, please PM me on here with the dotabuff record of 2 games each (will take a look at the replays) - one where it went well, and one where it didn't go so well, preferably both games with the same hero you're comfortable with. Also please include anything particular skills wise or situationally that you'd like to work on (e.g. Warding, Stacking and Pulling, Lane Control, Teamfights etc)

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cosmic15 » July 28, 2013 8:13pm | Report
Hey! I've been playing dota for a few months now and i have about 500 games right now with around 550+ hours played. I've been really wanted to improve my game and become a better, more smart player. steamcommunity.com/id/Cosmic15 thats my steam id and you can also add me on skype @ huskydzns. I would really appreciate your help! Thanks!

Cosmic15

Steam: Cosmic
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Omychron » August 6, 2013 5:55am | Report
Hello! After (a very little) DotA1, and quite a few hours of HoN, I decided to start playing DotA2 about 6 months ago.
While I do like playing support (they're my preferred heroes!), I feel like I'm nowhere near as proficient as I'd want to be. :)
Anyway, if you're interested, I would like to get some mentoring, see what I could improve, where I'm going wrong,...
You can find me at http://steamcommunity.com/id/omychron
Appreciate your efforts!

Omychron

Omychron

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved