Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ziklash, The Dimension Eater

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Ziklash, The Dimension Eater 8 posts - page 1 of 1

Poll Question:

How good is this hero in the mid-game?
Terribad
Average
Good
Excellent
Completely and utterly overpowered
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » December 6, 2013 11:27pm | Report

Ziklash, The Dimension Eater

Dire Agility
"The Pattern fades."

Base health

: 587

Base mana

: 221

Base damage

: 56

Base armor

: 3

Movement speed

: 285

Attacks per second

: 0.72

Base attack time

: 1.7

Cast time

: 0.2 +0.1

Range

: Melee

Vision range

: 1800/800

Strength

: 63.8 (23 +1.7)

Agility

88.8 (24 +2.7)

Intelligence

: 69.8 (17 +2.2)

Lore:
"Heheheh..." Chuckled Ziklash as it watched from a gap in space time, where the Weavers were unable to detect him. "This should be an easy task." After many failed attempts at the conquest of universes, Ziklash was extremely intent on succeeding this time.
In front of him was a rogue Weaver, a rare sight indeed, blatantly making changes to his universe. Why would a Weaver be attempting an act that is taboo among its kind? Ziklash couldn't care less. All that mattered was that the thrill of creation would distract the helpless insect before it realized it was too late.
As eons passed in the poorly-maintained universe, Ziklash had laid thousands of eggs in the pattern's frayed areas. Before Ziklash could begin his master plan, however, the Loom had already caught up to this Weaver's actions, snipping it away from this universe's fabric. Noticing Ziklash's misdeeds as well, they pared it off the same, leaving it falling into an empty void. Thoughts raced through Ziklash's mind. All its painstaking efforts were put to complete waste, and its young doomed to death. Even against such an oblivious Weaver, it still couldn't get the job done.
As Ziklash fell through the endless expanses of the Void, he suddenly fell upon a new universe. Shrugging off his self-pity, Ziklash felt a new surge of confidence, for no pesky Weaver will ever stop him from taking this universe for himself.

Feel the irony :D

Q: Dimension Jump
Type: Target-Point
Affects: Self and enemies
Damage: Magical
Leaps through a portal between dimensions, transporting the Dimension Eater to the target location and damaging enemies within a small radius.
- 600/700/800/800 range
- 250 damage radius
- 60/90/120/150 damage
- 60 mana cost
- 10/8/6/4 second cooldown

What better way to travel than taking shortcuts between dimensions?

Notes:

W: Extrasensory
Type: No Target
Affects: Self
The Dimension Eater's sensitive antennae senses for enemy heroes, glowing when they are nearby. When activated, the Dimension Eater gains additional vision range and unobstructed vision for a short duration.
- 1400 passive sensory range
When activated,
- +200/300/400/500 vision range
- Unobstructed vision
- 6/7/8/9 second duration
- 0 mana cost
- 25 second cooldown

Avoiding the Weavers have been a difficult task, and over the years the Dimension Eaters have adapted keen senses that can detect danger across dimensions.

Notes:

E: Resounding Wingbeats
Type: No Target
Affects: Enemies
Damage: Pure
The Dimension Eater generates a frequency that warps the fabric of space time, creating pulses that deal damage and slow. Also passively releases a single pulse at the end of Dimension Jump. Hits enemies no matter what, ignoring all effects that would otherwise negate damage.
- 250/300/350/400 pulse radius
- 1 pulse per second
- 50/60/70/80 pulse damage
- 3/3/4/4 second duration
- 100/110/120/130 mana cost
- 15 second cooldown

The Dimension Eater's powerful wingbeats can be felt from across dimensions.

Notes:

R: Distortion
Type: Target-Unit
Affects: Self and target
Damage: Magical
The Dimension Eater banishes the target and itself for a brief period. When the banishment ends, the target is slowed. During the banishment, the Dimension Eater can use Dimension Jump to end the banishment and transport itself and the target to the new location. The Dimension Eater can also use its other skills while banished.
- 450 range
- 2 second banishment
- 40% slow for 2 seconds
- 150 mana cost
- 50/40/30 second cooldown

A journey through dimensions leaves victims dazed and confused.

Notes:

Please leave feedback on this hero idea :)

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CobraJD » December 7, 2013 2:05am | Report
Now this is a really cool one. I'm guessing you had a giant dark moth in mind?
This hero seems really cool to me, able to warp enemies to different places, search the surroundings for enemies and pulse for 420 pure damage (including dimension jump)

I imagine this hero as the ultimate scout, leaping up cliffs and dragging back lone enemies to his team, like Batrider, but without constant damage, in exchange for near-instant travel. My favourite hero idea so far.

CobraJD

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CobraJD » December 7, 2013 2:14am | Report
Actually, after studying the stats a bit more, i think you should increase the range of dimension jump to 800, tower range, because 450 is Weaver's attack range, which i know from playing weaver a lot is awful, so the jump has to be a meaningful distance.
Shorter than a blink or Leap/Pounce but, made up for by 4 second cooldown.

CobraJD

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » December 7, 2013 2:45am | Report
CobraJD wrote:

Now this is a really cool one. I'm guessing you had a giant dark moth in mind?
This hero seems really cool to me, able to warp enemies to different places, search the surroundings for enemies and pulse for 420 pure damage (including dimension jump)

I imagine this hero as the ultimate scout, leaping up cliffs and dragging back lone enemies to his team, like Batrider, but without constant damage, in exchange for near-instant travel. My favourite hero idea so far.

I intended for this hero to be extremely mobile and able to initiate and disrupt teamfights, dealing a lot of damage in the process. Also, I did have a giant moth in mind :P

CobraJD wrote:

Actually, after studying the stats a bit more, i think you should increase the range of dimension jump to 800, tower range, because 450 is Weaver's attack range, which i know from playing weaver a lot is awful, so the jump has to be a meaningful distance.
Shorter than a blink or Leap/Pounce but, made up for by 4 second cooldown.

Hmm... Its true that the 450 rnage is awful, so I will increase it to maybe 700. You also forgot to mention that the jump does damage, as well as emit a pulse.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CobraJD » December 7, 2013 4:32am | Report
I'm new here, so this may sound like a stupid question, but is this forum viewed and considered for the actual game? I think some DotA heroes where fan-made, like Winter-wyvern, before being added, but were any heroes in either Dota game created or designed here? And if so what ones...

Also, 700 still seems to low. What if it starts at 600 and scales:

500/600/700/800 range

bearing in mind blinks are 1150
Faceless Void's warp is 1300
Morphling's waveform is 1000
Phantom assassin's blink is 1000
Riki blink strike is 750

CobraJD

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » December 7, 2013 4:35am | Report
CobraJD wrote:

I'm new here, so this may sound like a stupid question, but is this forum viewed and considered for the actual game? I think some DotA heroes where fan-made, like Winter-wyvern, before being added, but were any heroes in either Dota game created or designed here? And if so what ones...

Sadly, I don't think so. But it would be nice if they added some awesome hero ideas into the game.

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CobraJD » December 7, 2013 5:26am | Report
CobraJD wrote:

700 still seems to low. What if it starts at 600 and scales:

500/600/700/800 range

bearing in mind blinks are 1150
Faceless Void's warp is 1300
Morphling's waveform is 1000
Phantom assassin's blink is 1000
Riki blink strike is 750

Blinking and Teleporting
I'm assuming that Dimension Jump would be a Pseudo-Blink, not instantaneous, with travel time/delay of half a second...

CobraJD

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » December 7, 2013 5:31am | Report
CobraJD wrote:

Blinking and Teleporting
I'm assuming that Dimension Jump would be a Pseudo-Blink, not instantaneous, with travel time/delay of half a second...

Sounds fair enough.

All blinks except for Blink Dagger have a cast delay , so yes.

EDIT:
It is a pseudo-blink, with a delay.
I changed the scaling to 600/700/800/800 to allow for more flexibility in skill builds.

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved