Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Zaire The Steel Revenant (Armor Based Hero)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Zaire The Steel Revenant (Armor Based Hero) 14 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » March 17, 2014 2:50am | Report
Yzreel wrote:

Yes, he is indeed a carry but I thought that he would do best as a durable hero in a team fight, acting as a damage sponge for the team while crippling an enemy carry by forcing the enemy carry to a single battle with Aggression and beating the carry to death if possible. The reason why I put him as a semi-carry rather than a carry is because in late game, considering the if he and enemy carries are equally well-fed, he wouldn't be able to defeat the enemy carry, say Anti-Mage.

He is mainly much alike to Abaddon in a team fight, to be a semi-support semi-carry that is highly probable to kill enemies and sponge team damage. So, I wouldn't really call him a carry, but he is by no mean unable to be one. Like Abaddon, his role is only as a semi-carry, not a carry because later on in game his effectivity is reduced.

Other reason is because he doesn't have any sure way to quickly deal huge damage to enemies except his ultimate skill that is more of a last resort or any quick chasing and escape skill, which most carries have. Say; Ember Spirit's Sleight of Fist and Fire Remnant, Anti-Mage's Mana Void and Blink, Blood Seeker's Thirst and Bounty Hunter's Track and Shadow Walk combined with Shuriken Toss.

However, the initial concept was indeed a carry that is hard to kill. However, as the concept progress I realized that this hero is more of the durable type similar to Axe, Bristleback and Abaddon that can be carries as well, however is more effective as a damage sponge in team. Therefore, i didn't write him as a carry in the role because in Dota2 this kind of hero is written as Semi-Carry.

Anyway, thank you for the reply and comment. I'm really thankful that you think that he's a good hero :)

Thx for the responce, it gave me more insite into this hero, I think he would be really cool to be put in the game. Call up valve and be like "Hey I have an idea that your going to love"

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » March 17, 2014 3:21am | Report
No, thank you very much, I'm very flattered by your opinion! :D
LOL if only they would ever reply. There's just so many great hero idea going on, you know.
I think they're busy enough making Pit Lord (Abyssal Underlord is not how you spell it, Valve) and Techies into the game
Anyway, thx again! Would love to see you more :)
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » March 19, 2014 3:35am | Report
True, there area lot of things, but the moment they add techies, unless they make some changes to them, i am not playing dota until a nerf happens, because in my tier of pub, people will be like "techies is **** hero, all he does is place useless mines" as they get baited into the mines and feed 10 kills in the first 10 minutes.

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » March 19, 2014 3:35am | Report
True, there area lot of things, but the moment they add techies, unless they make some changes to them, i am not playing dota until a nerf happens, because in my tier of pub, people will be like "techies is **** hero, all he does is place useless mines" as they get baited into the mines and feed 10 kills in the first 10 minutes.

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved