Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Zaire The Steel Revenant (Armor Based Hero)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Zaire The Steel Revenant (Armor Based Hero) 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » December 30, 2013 11:24am | Report

Zaire The Steel Revenant

I created this hero concept because I think that armor is generally unpopular in the game. Even though there exist skills that manipulate armor, like Slardar's amplify damage or Timbersaw's reactive armor, I never see a hero that revolves solely in armor. I created Zaire the Steel Revenant because of that, I want to make him a hero that have the strongest armor in game. I made all the skills dependent upon his armors and his ulti is interesting because it can only be used under 20% HP, which is hard.

He is mainly a durable, even possible to block creeps between towers like axe due to his high armor and offensive capability. His ultimate skill and Hatred Aura efficiently supports because of armor cut / increase to party. His most noticeable weakness is a crippling 270 base speed. Even if he does have a skill that force an enemy to move toward him, the base speed pretty much doesn't allow him to get close to the enemy. He also lacks any final hit skill, nuke or disabling skill. Aggression skill cannot be called a disabling skill since it allow the enemy to attack, use magic and also item. His MP is also very limited, therefore this guy need to use his mana carefully. However, this hero can also be a dangerous carry in early to early late game because of his high offensive capability if played correctly since he has a weak point to magic.

Despite his many striking weaknesses, he is capable to be a very huge threat. If he manages to get his items well and diminish his speed weakness, his high durability, attack speed and damage can be proven terrorizing to anybody.

Statistics

Faction: The Dire
Primary Attribute: Strength
Attack Type: Melee
Roles: Durable, Lane-Support, Semi-Carry

Str: 87 at 25(22 + 2.7/level)
Agi: 97 at 25(25 + 3.0/level)
Int: 54 at 25(13+1.7/level)

Health: 1803 at 25
MP: 702 at 25
Armor: 22(8.15 base + 13.85) at 25
Movement: 270
Range: 120 (melee)

Lore

Zaire, the name that echoes throughout the dire horde as a name impregnable. The strongest of assassins and warriors has been sent to kill Zaire, all which bore no fruit. The best of the best, Zaire was an imperial guard captain that personally protects the king of the great city Heine, an important city of the Radiant that had survived for hundreds of year from the siege of the dire.

One day, a war broke down and Zaire was sent into the vanguard. He prevailed upon the enemies and brought The Radiant into victory. Expecting a warm congratulation, he came back to his house - only to find the body of his wife and child. They were cold, lifeless and brutally tortured.

"Wh-who... did this? WHO DID THIS?!!" Zaire fell on his knees, weak, frail. Into the ground a droplet of tear fell. Another drop of tear, another drop of tear and a drop of blood drip to the floor. "Wha-?" There is a blade sticking through his steel-clad armor. His blood flows furiously to the ground, painting his tears red. Helpless, he turned his dying body. "You.. how.. could y-?" Zaire fell over, powerless on the sight of his king. The holder of the blade that struck him. The one he swore to protect. The one he gave everything to save. He fell into the ground, in the pool of his blood, in a deep grief and disappointment.

And everything went dark...
His grief dissipated...
His disappointment faded...
All that's left is darkness...
And hatred, hatred to the one he swore to protect. Hatred to the belief that he held. Hatred to his entire being. Hatred to The Radiant.

As the darkness grows deeper, he can still feel his body. He felt his body going colder and colder. Am I going to die like this? Like a dog, betrayed by his master? NO!! I don't want to die! I will not allow myself to die!! I will not die!!!!!! As his mind screams the thought, from the darkness he saw a glimmer of light. An... armor? He let out his hand and tried to reach it. And he did.

Red, suddenly everything goes red. He is now standing. He is now steel-clad. He is now in a pool of his king's blood. He is now the greatest terror to The Radiant. He is now The Steel Revenant.

Skills

[] Steel Hand: The armor of Steel Revenant is created from demonic steel, taking the blood of enemies as part of armor. Increase armor with every successful hit and deal part of armor as chaos damage.

- 1 armor increase per hit, 6 maximum stacks. 50% armor as damage
- 2 armor increase per hit, 6 maximum stacks, 75% armor as damage
- 2 armor increase per hit, 7 maximum stacks, 125% armor as damage
- 3 armor increase per hit, 8 maximum stacks, 150% armor as damage

Type: Passive
Affect: Self
Duration per Stack: 10/10/15/15

Will your blood... Strengthen my armor?

[W] Hatred Aura: Zaire unleashes an aura kept inside himself and his armors, increasing or reducing armors of surrounding units. If an enemy hero dies in the effect of Hatred Aura, his armor is stolen by Zaire.

- 2 armor, 300 AoE, 0.2 armor steal
- 4 armor, 350 AoE, 0.3 armor steal
- 6 armor, 400 AoE, 0.4 armor steal
- 8 armor, 450 AoE, 0.5 armor steal

Type: No Target
Affect: Allies and Enemies' units

MP Cost: 150
Cool Down: 25/20/15/10
Duration: 5/6/7/8

The only thing I like of you is your armor

[E] Aggression: Zaire's hatred and vengeance is so deep that it can affect an enemy to have the same vengeance, making him attack the Steel Revenant without regard of defense. Force 1 opponent to attack Zaire with increased damage, but stolen armor. The target can still use any items and magic. Both Zaire and the target can only move toward each other.

- 2.5 seconds, 30% damage bonus, 20% base armor steal
- 3 seconds, 25% damage bonus, 30% base armor steal
- 3.5 seconds, 20% damage bonus, 40% base armor steal
- 4 seconds, 15% damage bonus, 50% base armor steal

Type: Target Unit
Affect: Enemy hero

MP Cost: 100/125/150/175
Cool Down: 35/30/25/20
Cast Range: 150/250/350/450

I hate you... AND YOU SHALL HATE ME!!!

[R] Armor Blast: Zaire materializes his spirit form, blasting away all his armor in 750 AoE, dealing armor based damage and reduce all enemies' armors by his armor amount. This skill can only be activated when his HP falls below 20% and makes him invulnerable to physical attacks. Armor reduction lasts as long as Zaire is invulnerable and alive.

- 3x armor damage, reduce armor and become invulnerable for 3 seconds
- 4x armor damage, reduce armor and become invulnerable for 4 seconds
- 5x armor damage, reduce armor and become invulnerable for 5 seconds

Type: No Target
Affects: Enemy heroes
Damage: Physical

HP Cost: 60% current HP
MP Cost: 30% maximum MP
Cool Down: 150 Seconds

Scepter upgradable: HP threshold become 33%, HP cost to 30% current HP and cool down reduces into 90 seconds.

I will not die!!!
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » December 30, 2013 9:19pm | Report
I'm still new here so any suggestions, feedbacks or even critics are highly welcome.
In fact, please do give me them since I want to perfect my concepts if possible :D
Oh, by the way, I actually kinda like the lore of this hero. So... please read it?
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MasterMinddd » February 12, 2014 12:35pm | Report
You know as an armor based Hero, you should have also increase his base armor and some extra armor stacking. For Hatred Aura, try in changing it to a passive and increase the aura range. Otherwise, this Hero concept is quite awesome. Try changing the name too, since the word "revenant" was already used by several other existing Heros
Good sirs, do check out my supreme New Abilities forum if you are in need of finding ideas to use for your creations! FREE FOR ALL

MasterMinddd

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » February 14, 2014 4:51pm | Report
Thx for the feedback!
Yeah, I totally forgot to put any base armor. I automatically assume that all heroes start with 0+agi/7 armor lol
For the hatred aura I didn't make it passive because I compare it to SF's Presence of Dark Lord that cuts armor by 6. I intend to have a bigger burst and also bonus to friend, as well as armor steal ability, and thus I think it's going to be too strong of a skill if I make it passive. I would actually love to make it passive, but it's hard to balance, sooo...
Thanks again for the feedback, would be great if you can check my other heroes :D
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » February 17, 2014 1:17pm | Report
dude.dying under hatred aura steals 8 armour? no.to strong.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » February 17, 2014 1:22pm | Report
No bro, please read properly lol.
8 armor is the amount of burst reduction and increase.
The steal is only 0.5 at level 4 and not to mention doesn't work passively like pudge or silencer.
Anyway thanks for comment :)
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terble » March 14, 2014 2:01am | Report
Hello Yzreel. I made my new hero that is similar to your hero without noticing that there's already one. How's my hero? Your's are not bad too.
So the difference between yours and mine are: Zaire steals enemy armor and deals armor damage, while Magma Warrior turns himself into offensive mode by sacrificing his armor and wreak havoc.
The same thing between two are they are very durable, have similar roles, limited intelligence, slow base speed and made of hatred of died soldier.

Could you suggest any changes of my hero so it is balanced and make his stats suitable for his role?

Also I don't know how to use this post very creative as others like colors, fonts, pictures, etc.

I like your hero.

Terble

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » March 14, 2014 2:35am | Report
Hi Terble. First of all, thank you for reading my idea! Thank you for your comment and praise too :)

Yes, I've read your idea and to be honest I love the concept. However, I think it's sort of OP currently. Probably you need to nerf it quite a lot.

Do correct me if I'm wrong, but all his skills increase with each point of armor he have? His ultimate skill at lvl 25 without any item will grant 48 str (tarasque is mere 35 str) and 480 dmg block whilst granting additional 7.2% resistance?

I know that it will be reduced by damages taken, but it will just further strengthening him. If you lose all your armor at lvl 25 without item, it will give 300 bonus speed and 420 dps (radiance is mere 65 dmg) as well as 48 hp regen. With all due respect, this ulti is way to OP. I can imagine him buying cuirass and well.... you know?

Not to mention the ASU, it's just unfair for enemy heroes. The stun? Lvl 25 again, 0.33*12 is like 4 seconds, ravage is just 2.77 seconds and if you combine it with eruption it can easily stun lock an enemy to death with 6.5 second stun.

Very sorry to tell you this much critics. I REALLY, really love your concept. However, currently it's just too strong IMO. I would suggest his ulti to be nerfed and probably delete the ASU. Probably make all those per armor loss to per 3 armor loss or something of sort. Considering his eruption can deal 400 dmg + 4*20 dps at lvl 3 just by giving all your armor to ally with basalt armor.

To stylize the thread, it's pretty simple. On the top when you create a new thread there are a lot of those options (just above the text box) just play around with it, considering how you can edit your post if something goes wrong.
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » March 14, 2014 3:07am | Report
I think that he is more of a carry than a support, with his high agi gain and his high armor, he can use "steal hand" as an extra way to last hit and as a damage steroid, he to me seem like more of a 1v1 carry than a support, just looking over those skills and thinking about item pick ups.

I like the concept, but in a few ways i think he is really powerful, but in a few others he is a little less powerful, but i feel he would be a good hero. But I would (and im sure many others would) be more compelled to see him as a carry and not as a support.

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » March 14, 2014 3:54am | Report
Yes, he is indeed a carry but I thought that he would do best as a durable hero in a team fight, acting as a damage sponge for the team while crippling an enemy carry by forcing the enemy carry to a single battle with Aggression and beating the carry to death if possible. The reason why I put him as a semi-carry rather than a carry is because in late game, considering the if he and enemy carries are equally well-fed, he wouldn't be able to defeat the enemy carry, say Anti-Mage.

He is mainly much alike to Abaddon in a team fight, to be a semi-support semi-carry that is highly probable to kill enemies and sponge team damage. So, I wouldn't really call him a carry, but he is by no mean unable to be one. Like Abaddon, his role is only as a semi-carry, not a carry because later on in game his effectivity is reduced.

Other reason is because he doesn't have any sure way to quickly deal huge damage to enemies except his ultimate skill that is more of a last resort or any quick chasing and escape skill, which most carries have. Say; Ember Spirit's Sleight of Fist and Fire Remnant, Anti-Mage's Mana Void and Blink, Blood Seeker's Thirst and Bounty Hunter's Track and Shadow Walk combined with Shuriken Toss.

However, the initial concept was indeed a carry that is hard to kill. However, as the concept progress I realized that this hero is more of the durable type similar to Axe, Bristleback and Abaddon that can be carries as well, however is more effective as a damage sponge in team. Therefore, i didn't write him as a carry in the role because in Dota2 this kind of hero is written as Semi-Carry.

Anyway, thank you for the reply and comment. I'm really thankful that you think that he's a good hero :)
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved