Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Valar The Crystal Beast (Tank Intelligent Hero)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Valar The Crystal Beast (Tank Intelligent Hero) 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » April 12, 2014 11:22am | Report

Valar The Crystal Beast (Version 2)

Okay, it's been some times that nobody posted a new hero, therefore, I decided to post this hero. Valar was actually created a long time ago, and not as this concept. However, before I could posted it, I saw Porygon posted his Zerus the Primal Beast concept. Since my first Crystal Beast idea was similar to it, I decided not to post it. This hero is a whole new concept that uses the same hero and name because I think that the lore should be the same. If you are interested, I'll post the first one later on :)

Let me explain this hero first, this is an intelligent hero that is quite unique because his main role is a durable. How does it work? His main durability move is his third skill, Crystal Body, that works pretty similar to how Morph works, the difference lies in that what he shifts is not agi and strength, but HP and MP (not maximum cap, meaning that if his max MP is 900 and he has 800 MP, using this skill once should put his MP to 1000, but it only put his MP to 900 MP). This skill, combined with his passive, Radiant Aura, which heal his MP if he is hit with more than damage threshold, is actually capable to make him very hard to kill.

Imagine this situation: Valar coming into the battle, using his first skill to nuke until his mana runs out, then enemies initiate a teamfight. Valar charges right in, taking damages and replenishing his own MP with his passive, then auto cast Replenish HP, changing the MP to HP. He should be able to accomplish his role as a durable (tank) very well this way.

As of his second role, a nuker, in the laning phase he can be very scary by shooting a maximum of 280 pure damage cannon that can reach 1200 range (needs 2 seconds cast time though, similar to Illuminate), however, this nuke take too much MP cost early game (180). This is where his Replenish MP from Crystal Body comes in, he can trade HP to his MP and continue harassing!

Statistics

Faction: The Radiant
Primary Attribute: Intelligent
Attack Type: Melee
Roles: Durable, Nuker

Str: 75 at 25 (22 + 2.2/level)
Agi: 75 at 25 (22 + 2.2/level)
Int: 75 at 25 (22 + 2.2/level)

Health: 1575 at 25
MP: 975 at 25
Armor: 14 (3.4 base armor + 10.6) at 25
Movement: 300
Range: 150 (Melee)

Lore: So… dark. Where am I? Who… am I? A consciousness thought inside the chaotic world. A consciousness oblivious of everything. “These should be perfect to create the Demon Edge. HAHAHAHA” and with that, a demonic voice faded away. Who was that? What happened here? While it is thinking, trying to recall anything, learn anything, a bright light shone through. He heard a cracking sound and he gaze his surrounding, now revealed.

His first sight into the world was a sea of fire, hordes of demons and an enormous chaos. His heart was heavy, filled with unknown feeling of sadness and grief. What happened here? Whilst he was thinking, he noticed his body changing. “What? That chunk of Radiant Ore… It took form?” A demon blacksmith spoke in horror and astonishment.

His feeling of sadness and grief change.
A new instinct had been born into the Ancient’s spawn
An almost motherly instinct to protect
A vow he took to protect the Radiant
A vow he took to protect the world
“You are Valar, remember it well” a faint whips he heard
A voice strangely familiar he heard when he took the vow

Took caution, The Dire
Took caution when you go to attack The Radiant
Bear in mind, the greatest guardian has come
A being with no form
A being with every form
He was the beginning
And he shall be your end
He shall be known as
The Crystal Beast

Skills

[Q] Crystal Barrage: Valar shoots his shapeless magic as damaging arrays of crystal. This skill can be casted at the maximum of 1200 range. The farther away the target point is, the more damage and channeling time this spell has. Deals pure damage in a straight line with 200 widths. This skill grants true sight of hit units for 4 seconds.

- Min 40 damage, Max 100 damage
- Min 70 damage, Max 160 damage
- Min 100 damage, Max 220 damage
- Min 130 damage, Max 280 damage

Type: Target Point
Affect: Enemies unit
Damage: Pure

Maximum Casting Time: 2 seconds
Minimum Casting Time: 0.3 seconds
MP Cost: 180
Cool Down: 6 seconds

For he holds the shapeless that cannot be stopped nor deceived

[] Radiant Essence: The Crystal Beast’s body was created from Radiant Ore, this grants himself a peculiar defensive capability. This skill grants him 20% chance to restore MP on radius by damage taken if the damage taken is above threshold amount. This skill also passively increases his physical and magic reduction by a percentage of his current MP.

- 0.5 MP/damage taken, 320 damage thresholds
- 0.75 MP/damage taken, 280 damage thresholds
- 1 MP/damage taken, 240 damage thresholds
- 1.25 MP/damage taken, 200 damage thresholds

Type: Passive
Affect: Self

MP replenishes cool down: 4.5/4/3.5/3 seconds
Radius: 350
Reduction / current MP: 1.5%

His vow to protect has given him a capability like none other

[] Crystal Body: Valar’s life force was of the energy given by the Radiant Ore. This life force is the same as what now called as “mana”, the energy source of civilizations. This skill allows Valar to use Replenish Mana and Replenish Life. This skill passively reduces the cool down of both skills by each level.

- 0 second reduction
- 2 second reduction
- 4 second reduction
- 6 second reduction

Type: Passive
Affect: Self

He is the one who always shift his life form to be seemingly infinite

[D] Replenish Mana: The life form of Valar is mana, allowing him to transfer 250 HP for 200 MP. 7 seconds cool down. Valar cannot die from this skill. Damage type is HP removal. Right click to auto cast

[F] Replenish Life: The life form of Valar is mana, allowing him to transfer 250 MP for 200 HP. 7 seconds cool down. Right click to auto cast

[R] Nemesis: As it was when the Mad Moon broke down, the power of the nemesis stones’ splinters are channeled through Valar’s crystal body to unleash an ultimate formless spell in Valar’s possession. Grant Valar an aura that lowers enemies’ movement speed while dealing damage over time by the multiplied amount of HP cost

- 400 Radius, 30% speed reduction. 1.5 damage multiplier
- 600 Radius, 35% speed reduction. 2.25 damage multiplier
- 800 Radius, 40% speed reduction. 3 damage multiplier

Type: Toggle
Affects: Enemy units, Self
Damage: HP removal

MP Cost: 7% maximum MP / second
HP Cost: 15% current HP / second
Cool Down: 60 Seconds
Maximum Duration: 10 Seconds

He is the one that holds the strength of Nemesis Stones
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » April 12, 2014 12:14pm | Report
I like this hero idea, but with the replenish life/mana the conversion isn't equal (250HP=200MP and 250MP=300HP). This means that the more you use this move, the weaker you get.

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » April 12, 2014 5:44pm | Report
Thanks mastadoom! :)

Yes, I actually made it like that considering it would be slightly unfair for him to be shifting his mp and hp so freely (you can practically spam it since you know if you are not the hp/mp you can shift it back again. This way, you need to calculate to use the skill). Oh, it's 250 MP = 200 HP btw.

Also, it's by no mean going to make him weaker, considering his Radiant Essence can heal his MP by a larger ammount, we can think that his loss of HP/MP to be paid off by this.

Anyway, thanks for commenting and the feedback :)
If you can explain more of why you think so, I would be pleased to change some things
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » April 12, 2014 6:19pm | Report
Nice hero idea, sad to hear that I got in your way with mine haha

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » April 12, 2014 6:28pm | Report
Thanks Porygon! Nice to see you again :D
Nah, it's just that great minds think alike lol
I still have lots other ideas anyway.
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MasterMinddd » April 14, 2014 3:27am | Report
I can't help but to wonder if the Dire team selected him, what would he say?
And hopefully, you might create a Dire version Crystal Beast
Good sirs, do check out my supreme New Abilities forum if you are in need of finding ideas to use for your creations! FREE FOR ALL

MasterMinddd

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » April 14, 2014 3:37am | Report
Lol I didn't even think about it, it's just like taking Treant Protector in dota 1 in the scourge (the protector killing those he should protect xD)

I didn't think any response of this hero, actually. Mind to give suggestions? Like when he meets allies/rivals.

Actually, I have! The hero was posted few months ago (Azbelior the Anomaly, check it in my signature) even if the origin, story and gameplay are pretty much different, both lores are derived from the dota2 comic "are we heroes yet". Check it out!
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved