Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The Sum of All.. (part 1 lore/backstory)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » The Sum of All.. (part 1 lore/backstory) 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » August 7, 2014 1:22am | Report
The slow repetitive one two one two of the soldiers boots echoed off the walls surrounding him, its tempo lulling his mind into a state of relaxation as the cramped confines of the manors attic did the exact opposite to his body. Sweat tracked trails through his dust and dirt covered face forcing him to blink furiously to try and clear his eyes, he couldn't risk moving a hand as even the smallest movement might be seen by felt by the unearthly guardians of the Chosen Ones Manor.

God i hate Aeol Drias, and the knights even more. pompous bloody bastards wrapped in steel he thought.

Please come back please come back please come back the mantra echoed through his head as the cramped position he was in, started to take its toll on his body. He had been here in the Manors attic, still, silent and completely unnoticed for over 5 days. He needed the owner to come home soon so he could get one of the final pieces of his puzzle.

The monotony of manor life was broken suddenly with a shout erupting from the front gate just outside the view of his peephole. an elaborate carriage came hurtling round the corner and entered into his view, the horses were breathing heavily as if having been run all the way from the Castle over 20 leagues away. the doors opened and out stepped a tall straight imposing figure of a man, the robes he wore marked him as someone who had money and the way he carried himself marked him as someone who had power. he looked around the courtyard and nodded to himself then with a sweep of his robes he moved into the manor barking out orders to the household staff with a deep imperious voice that seemed like it could be heard over anything else.

finally, now to wait till night and hopefully i can the second last piece of my puzzle the thought finished the latent tension fled from his body and the watcher feel asleep.

Night feel upon the house and the watcher roused. Taking extreme care he whispered a small incantation then Shifted through the floor boards of the attic. floating through the manor he searched for the main bedroom, upon finding it he paused. Taking a deep breath the watcher phased through the dorr and enetered a grand bed chamber. Asleep upon the bed lay his target, Nostrom the one who silenced.

Becoming substantial again he sat on the floor facing the bed and started his ritual. the watcher sank into himself and allowed his mind to come free. The colours of Nostroms thoughts became visible to the watcher, he tracked their flow and ebb, their strength and their weaknesses. He disassembled the structure of the thoughts. He caught images of a woman smiling and of a scene facing a youth on his knees gasping at his throat. He memorised each and every colour, each and every thought. He drew his self further back and started to put all the colours together into a small four sided box each side filled with squares of colour then he placed that box into a matrix that had many many many other boxes with each connected to the other. the Matirix was full of light and colour but because of this it was obvious there was a square at the very middle that was dark, so black it held more the feeling of absence of something then of there nothing. the Watcher paused looking at this absence and a small frown formed on his face.

soon the puzzle will be complete, soon it will blaze with form and brightness. soon... soon... soon... one more left only one more left. he thought with a ferocity that up until this point had been concealed.

retreating from this internal matrix the watcher opened his eyes and realised that he had been in Nostroms thoughts for too long, Dawn was nearly upon him.

The Watcher jumped to his feet and with a flourish of his cape he dissipated in a flash of smoke and a loud bang which woke Nostrom from his slumber. Jumping out of his bed Nostrum stalked to where the watcher had just disappeared from, seated upon a mound of white and black powder was a small glass ball filled with wraith essence. Nostrom picked the glass ball up slowly, looking into the wraith essence, words formed in sequence for him to read.

The Puzzle is nearly complete.

2 months later and thousands and thousands of leagues away

A light rap of knuckles on wood sounded through his studies, The Grand Magnus looked up from his exotic book on the theory of Particle Manipulation and wondered at who would possibly dare interrupt him. Readying a simple telekinesis spell to fling the offending scoundrel over the wall and into the village where hopefully his mangled corpse would serve as a warning to his subjects, The Grand Magnus approached the door, Yanking it open Rubick stopped dead in his tracks. Stunned at who stood before him. The Watcher smiled at the expression upon the face of The Grand Magnus.

Hello Master he said through smiling lips.

Fillius Omnes Magicae... I ... How?... i havent seen you in near on 100 years... What happened? why did you leave my teachings?

i will explain it all Teacher but first can i come in?

of course of course of course come in come in

Once settled Filius explained to his master that after years of study under him he started to notice the thoughts of people and with study he could replicate those thoughts. Fillius couldnt do much magic even though he was the son of powerful mages so he tried to figure out how this power could be used. after years of thought and study i Fillius realised that by entering the mind of the users of magic he could read and memorize their thought patterns and colours and when he had captured all of their thoughts he could use there power though only as long as the captured memories stayed with him.

fascinating... so you could steal and turn their powers spells against them? murmered the Grand magnus.

No teacher, i could memorize any thing they did. ANYTHING. but it was too short i lost the memory as soon as i used it. replied fillius.

So he came up with a plan. if the parts are strong but fleeting then wouldnt the parts of a whole be strong and enduring?

thus i began my quest. he had traveled all over this world and into many many others even into the levels of HEll searching for grand beings of power. finding them, reading them, memorising them. soon he had collected so many of these beings thoughts that they started to form in fillius's head a Matrix of sorts. a puzzle made by them selves of themselves.

are you saying that these memorized thought patterns created something with out you doing anything? asked Rubick

Aue Master, one day i woke up and the puzzle was thier in my mind i could see it all i could see the missing parts and the parts that were complete and i could even see where i needed to go to and who i needed to find for the puzzle to be complete, it was like the puzzle was guiding me.
explained Fillius

Fasicinating
murmured Rubick.

He went on the explain that he has nearly finished the puzzle with only one piece remaining.

Me, i am the missing piece am i not? enquired The Magnus

Aye Teacher you are, i dont want to have to force you like i have others and i dont want to steal it from you either i would like it if you allowed me to read you and know your thoughts.

silence suddenly draped over the room. the sharp crackle of the fire and the insects outisde the window all became muted as a tension began to build. the owls calling thenight hour slowly faded into the distance and the sounds of the village usually so load even at night became something of a dull roar that barely enetered into the soundscape. yet still the tension built.

ok go ahead i think this will be FUN and most certainly a CHALLENGEanswered Rubick with a smile.

Thank you master.

The Watcher known as Fillius sunk back into his thoughts and allowed his mind to be set free, the sudden blaze of the puzzle drew him like a moth to flame as if it knew it was nearly complete. turning his mind from the thought he observed his former teacher trying to capture his thoughts and powers trying to see how they worked. it was hard and it took days but finally Fillius thought he had got them all. the box he had created from his teacher thoughts shone a bright white coulor brighter then anything he had captured before he slowly manipulated it into the center of the puzzle with the care only his mind could muster, with a final feeling the box settled into place and the puzzle was complete.

nothing happened. but then slowly slowly the matrix started to spin and revolve turning in fillius's mind with greated speed until it became a blur only observed by him. Then it got tighter and smaller and tighter and smaller until the matrix was nothing but a small square of bright light within his mind. A sense of patience swelled within fillius

this is it he thought.

then the Matrix SHOT forward towards his mindself entering his mind in a way that it hadn't before. Pain like nothing else shot through fillius and before he had a chance to think a thought he blacked out.

Opening his eyes fillius was awarded a view he rarely saw on his masters face.

Awe.

You have become something more then you were Fillius.

Looking at himself in the mirror hanging of the stone wall next to the fire he was greeted by a sight that shocked him to his core.

before him stood a man. one who shone with a smouldering fire of colours that fluctuated across him constantly. and stamped in bright white lines on his forehead was a Cube that Blazed with light.

I am Fillius Omnes Magicae and I am The Sum of all

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » August 7, 2014 4:13am | Report
Smuggles...? Are you doing it again? If this is just the lore (which is already 2x as long as every hero idea ever) then... is this going to be even bigger than Bruce? SMUGGLES NOOOOO!

Anyway, this is a great story, you ever considered becoming an author? You write a lot of good quality stuff fast. Anyway, not much I can say yet, I eagerly await the next parts!

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » August 7, 2014 10:32am | Report
Good gracious...
Seeing this makes me want to create a hero more complex than Astoria to rival you smuggles! Just wait for my challenge!! :p
Note: I'll make a "light novel" for my hero as well (don't call me copycat please) lol
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 7, 2014 10:45am | Report
Challenge accepted.

Check out my story here

I'm only an amateur at writing, so don't judge.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » August 7, 2014 4:47pm | Report
i actually am an author haha currently have K&Y publishers editing one of my books to see if they could publish it *FINGERS CROSSED*

i had this idea of a hero that just BURST into in my head all of a sudden and i wrote this in about 30 mins while the idea was still fresh because if you know how something came to be you have a better idea of how that thing works.

hopefully i can finish this guy today and post it up but yes you are all right it will be extremely complicated and long so i apologise in advance !!! (mostly to Yzreel since he will be pulling it apart*put aside a chunk of time mate!!!*) hahaha

butyea just you wait boys itsa coming :D

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » August 7, 2014 4:54pm | Report
Smuggels wrote:

i actually am an author haha currently have K&Y publishers editing one of my books to see if they could publish it *FINGERS CROSSED*

i had this idea of a hero that just BURST into in my head all of a sudden and i wrote this in about 30 mins while the idea was still fresh because if you know how something came to be you have a better idea of how that thing works.

hopefully i can finish this guy today and post it up but yes you are all right it will be extremely complicated and long so i apologise in advance !!! (mostly to Yzreel since he will be pulling it apart*put aside a chunk of time mate!!!*) hahaha

butyea just you wait boys itsa coming :D

Dude you're an author for reals?! Tell me if your book gets published, I want it!

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » August 7, 2014 9:14pm | Report
Hooooly.......... Nice work there! This is gonna be a complicated hero idea :/.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved