Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The Echo Master

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » The Echo Master 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by frogger_29 » May 10, 2013 7:04am | Report
Sonus, the Echo Master
Affiliation: The Radiant
Strength- 21 + 2.6 (86 at 25)
Agility- 6 + 0.8 (26 at 25)
Intelligence- 22 + 2.9 (94.5 at 25)
Damage: 37-41 (109-113) Attack Range: 100(Melee) Missile Speed: Instant
Movement Speed: 305 BAT (Base Attack Time): 1.7
Sight Range: 1800/800 Base Armor: 2 Total Armor: 2.86 (5.71 at 25)
Role/s: Support, Ganker

Abilities

Q: Sound Bomb Ability- Target Point Affects- Enemies Damage- Magical

Sonus throws an explosive bomb at the area, dealing 60/100/140/180 pure damage to all enemies in the area and knocks them back away from the center of the area for 250 range, then disarms them for 4/5/6/7.5 sec. If Sonus has 10/5/5/5 or more Sound Charges, the radius is increased by 75/100/125/150.

Cooldown: 18/17/16/15 Manacost: 125/125/150/175 Cast Range: 700 Radius: 350

Notes:
Enemy units are knockbacked away from the center of the area (works like Batrider's Flamebreak).
Enemy units cannot be knockbacked towards trees.
Magic immune enemy units are unaffected.
Completely blocked by Spell Block ( Linken's Sphere).

W: Resonant Burst Ability- Target Point Affects- Enemies Damage- Magical

Sonus fires a huge wave of force from his launcher, dealing 25/50/75/100 pure damage to enemy units it passes through, as well as stunning them for 2.5 sec. Enemy units within 200 radius also receive an additional 75/100/125/150 pure damage and be knockbacked for 450 range if in front of Sonus, 350 range if at the sides of Sonus and 200 range if behind Sonus. Enemy units at the end of the wave's path are not stunned but receive an additional 100/135/170/205 pure damage. If Sonus has 5 or more Sound Charges, then addtional 15/30/45/60 pure damage is dealt.

Cooldown: 35 Manacost: 150/165/180/195 Cast Range: 900 Radius: 150(Start)/175(End)

Notes:
Total amount of damage dealt:
- Pass Through: 25/50/75/100 (40/65/90/115--55/80/105/130--70/95/120/145--85/110/135/160 if 5 or more Sound Charges) (not counting magic resistance)
- Pass Through + Knockback: 100/150/200/250 (130/180/230/280--160/210/260/310--190/240/290/340-- 220/270/320/370) (not counting magic resistance)
- Pass Through + End Path: 125/185/245/305 (155/215/275/335--185/245/305/365--215/275/335/395-- 245/305/365/425) (not counting magic resistance)
The wave travels for 900 range at 650 speed.
Magic immune enemy units are unaffected.
Completely blocked by Spell Block ( Linken's Sphere).

E: Sound Box Ability- No Target Affects- Self

Every an enemy unit casts a spell, Sonus' mysterious Sound Box gains a Sound Charge. Each charge strengthens Sonus, granting him 0.3 Health Regen and and 4% Mana Regen. Sound Charges can be consumed for 20 health and mana each. Max of 10/15/20/25 Sound Charges.

Charge Pickup Radius: 600/800/1000/1200

Notes:
Item abilities and some hero abilities won't add a charge.
Grants a total of 3/4.5/6/7.5 health regen and 40%/60%/80%/100% mana regen.
Works the same way with Magic Stick/ Magic Wand.

R: Ultimate Resonance Ability- No Target Affects- Allies, Enemies Damage- Magical

CHANNELING- Sonus releases a unique frequency resonance that deal 180/240/300 damage to enemy heroes while healing for the same amount to nearby allies every sec. of the spell is channeled. Does not heal Sonus. Can be channeled for up to 3.5 sec.

Cooldown: 90 Manacost: 200/350/500 Radius: 600

Scepter Upgradeable: Reduces cooldown to 30, increases damage/heal to 250/325/400

Notes:
Magic immune enemy units are unaffected but magic immune allied units are still healed.

Strengths
- possesses skills that greatly affect the positioning of the enemy team
- has a free Magic Stick/ Magic Wand that allows him to survive dire situations
- has an extremely game-breaking ultimate that allows you to recover quickly from a losing teamfight

Weaknesses
- has high-manacost skills
- his skills are hard to utilize correctly
- his ultimate is easily interrupted
- hello, Rubick!

[Balance Changelog]
- Sound Bomb damage type changed from pure to magical
- Resonant Burst damage type changed from pure to magical
- Sound Box health regen per charge reduced from 0.5 to 0.3
- Sound Box mana regen per charge reduced from 5% to 4%
- Ultimate Resonance cooldown increased from 24(0*) to 90(30*)

!: Nerfs are marked in red, while buffs are marked in green.

That's all and thanks for watching. Feedback is very much appreciated.

frogger_29

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » May 10, 2013 9:55am | Report
Nice support hero, he has nice disables that can really disrupt the enemy team. His ultimate is good too. Good idea :)

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by frogger_29 » May 10, 2013 6:15pm | Report
Thanks you very much for the feedback.

frogger_29

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazy Tom » May 12, 2013 7:15pm | Report
I think you might benefit from having the pure damage be magic damage instead, or perhaps even composite damage. That makes it much fairer, in my opinion.

The magic wand skill is hilarious and I really like it. The only potential problem I can see is that not only is he getting a free Magic Wand, he is also getting a free Sage's Mask and Ring of Regen, on the LOW end. If he's got max charges and his skill is level 4 that's both a free Void Stone (better, actually) AND +12.5 hp regen, which is better than any other hp regen item in existence. It's not really a huge problem, since it does rely on having charges, but it is very good and I just thought I'd comment on that.

Sonus' ult is very powerful. It is essentially the fusion of Skywrath Mage's ult and Enigma's ult, minus the disable from Black Hole. That's more AoE damage than Leshrac can dish out (it's about 600 damage at level 1) in a larger radius. The fact that it's a channeled spell does nerf it somewhat, but I still think this ult would be a game-breaker, much like Black Hole can be.

The real problem I see with his ult, though, is not the damage but the cooldown. That is insanely short. Black Hole has a cooldown of 200. To keep Sonus' ult from being OP, it needs to have a much longer cooldown. Perhaps around 120 or so, and then it can scale down to 120/100/80 or something. Just a suggestion.

Long story short, I like the hero and I would play as him if he were in the game.

Crazy Tom

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by frogger_29 » May 12, 2013 9:23pm | Report
Crazy Tom wrote:

I think you might benefit from having the pure damage be magic damage instead, or perhaps even composite damage. That makes it much fairer, in my opinion.

The magic wand skill is hilarious and I really like it. The only potential problem I can see is that not only is he getting a free Magic Wand, he is also getting a free Sage's Mask and Ring of Regen, on the LOW end. If he's got max charges and his skill is level 4 that's both a free Void Stone (better, actually) AND +12.5 hp regen, which is better than any other hp regen item in existence. It's not really a huge problem, since it does rely on having charges, but it is very good and I just thought I'd comment on that.

Sonus' ult is very powerful. It is essentially the fusion of Skywrath Mage's ult and Enigma's ult, minus the disable from Black Hole. That's more AoE damage than Leshrac can dish out (it's about 600 damage at level 1) in a larger radius. The fact that it's a channeled spell does nerf it somewhat, but I still think this ult would be a game-breaker, much like Black Hole can be.

The real problem I see with his ult, though, is not the damage but the cooldown. That is insanely short. Black Hole has a cooldown of 200. To keep Sonus' ult from being OP, it needs to have a much longer cooldown. Perhaps around 120 or so, and then it can scale down to 120/100/80 or something. Just a suggestion.

Long story short, I like the hero and I would play as him if he were in the game.

About his 1st and 2nd skill, having it deal magical damage might be a good way to balance it a bit as both of them disrupt the positioning of the enemy team. And you're right about his E, it might be too strong so nerfing it is OK, maybe lowering the health and mana regen it provides is good enough, I guess.. And his ult is actually meant to be that way, and increasing its cooldown might not be that much of nerf since its Scepter Upgrade does remove its cooldown, or is the Scepter Upgrade too powerful as well?

Thank you very much for your feedback as it really improves the balance of the hero. I'll fix him soon.

Edit: Will also be increasing his ult's Scepter cooldown.

frogger_29

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazy Tom » May 13, 2013 6:40am | Report
frogger_29 wrote:

About his 1st and 2nd skill, having it deal magical damage might be a good way to balance it a bit as both of them disrupt the positioning of the enemy team. And you're right about his E, it might be too strong so nerfing it is OK, maybe lowering the health and mana regen it provides is good enough, I guess.. And his ult is actually meant to be that way, and increasing its cooldown might not be that much of nerf since its Scepter Upgrade does remove its cooldown, or is the Scepter Upgrade too powerful as well?

Thank you very much for your feedback as it really improves the balance of the hero. I'll fix him soon.

Edit: Will also be increasing his ult's Scepter cooldown.

Looks good! I like the edits, now if only he were in the game.

Crazy Tom

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved