Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The Coil Wizard

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » The Coil Wizard 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by frogger_29 » April 30, 2013 10:00pm | Report
Waltt the Coil Wizard
Affiliation: The Radiant
Strength- 16 + 2.4 (76 at 25)
Agility- 12 + 1.1 (39.5 at 25)
Intelligence- 24 + 2.3 (81.5 at 25) [PRIMARY]
Damage: 47-51 (107-111 at 25) Attack Range: 125(Melee) Missile Speed: Instant
Movement Speed: 295 BAT (Base Attack Time): 1.7
Sight Range: 1800/800 Base Armor: 2 Total Armor: 3.71 (7.64 at 25)
Role/s: Support, Ganker

Abilities

Q: Voltage Rampage Ability- No Target Affects- Enemies Damage- Magical

After channeling for 4 sec., Waltt's magical coil releases a surge of electricity, dealing 250/325/400/475 magical damage and purging the target for 1/1.5/2/2.5 sec. Also cause a mini-stun.

Cooldown: 30/28/24/26 Manacost: 120/150/180/200 Cast Range: 700

Notes:
Does not damage nor purge magic immune enemy units.
Blocked by spell block(Linken's Sphere).
If the target moves 1000 range away, the channeling is interrupted.
If Waltt is interrupted by enemies(stuns,silence,etc.), then the cooldown and manacost is wasted. But if Waltt himself chooses to stop channeling, or if the target has moved too far away, then the cooldown and manacost will not be wasted.
Will still damage the target even if invisible.
Purged units will gradually recover speed throughout the duration

W: Tuning Crash Ability- Target Affects- Enemies

Waltt smashes his trusty tuning fork at the target, stunning it for 1.8/2.2/2.6/3 sec. and burning 75/150/225/300 mana. The target is then purged for 1 sec. after the stun.

Cooldown: 20 Manacost: 145/160/175/190 Cast Range: 150

Notes:
Does not affect magic immune units.
Mana burn does not deal damage.
Has a 0.2 sec. cast delay.

E: Voltic Stream Ability- Target Affects- Enemies, Self

Waltt releases a stream of power towards the target, purging and burning 30/45/60/75 mana once every second for 4 sec. The burned mana will then transfer to Waltt, granting mana once per sec. for 4 sec.

Cooldown: 16 Manacost: 25 Cast Range: 700

Notes: Does not affect magic immune units, but Waltt will still receive additional mana.
If the target becomes invisible being affected by this spell, it will be revealed.

R: Limelight Ability- Target Affects- Enemies Damage- Magical

CHANNELING- Waltt channels immense electrical energy to decimate the target enemy Hero. While channeling, 25/50/75 damage per sec. is dealt to the target, and at the same time granting True Sight within 400 radius. While channeling, Waltt cannot regenerate health and mana. Can be channeled up to 6 sec.

Cooldown: 21/16/11 Manacost: 75(initial manacost), 40/60/80 per sec. Cast Range: 1000/2000/3000

Scepter Upgradeable: Has global range

[Balance Changelog]

5/1/13
-Voltage Rampage damage changed from pure to magical
-Voltic Stream cooldown increased from 12 to 16

5/3/13
-Voltage Rampage channeling time rescaled from 6/5/4/3 to 4
-Voltage Rampage damage rescaled from 400 to 250/325/400/475
-Tuning Crash stun duration rescaled from 3 to 1.8/2.2/2.6/3
-Limelight ASU now only grants global cast range

That's all and thanks for watching! Any suggestions and criticisms will be welcomed.

frogger_29

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazy Tom » May 1, 2013 10:46am | Report
I think his Q skill should deal magic damage, instead of pure. Just my opinion. :/
Anyway, 400 damage at level one is extremely powerful. That's enough to almost instagib any hero at low levels. The six-second channel does make it less broken, but all you have to do is find a good set of trees and BAM! Instant first blood.

His W skill looks fun, kinda reminds me of Leshrac's stun.

For his E, I think you could improve by upping the cooldown by a few seconds; you could theoretically keep the enemy lane on 0 mana for most of the landing phase, which is pretty darn good. Otherwise, I love the harass potential.

I had this really long rant about how his ult was OP typed up, but when I did the math, I decided it wasn't as OP as I thought. It's still very strong, but not bad.

Anyway, I like the flavor and theme of this guy. He reminds me a lot of KotL, except with more mana harassment.

Crazy Tom

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyStormSpectre » May 1, 2013 11:16am | Report
That 400 damage should be magical and scale.
400 damage at level one is very very powerful.

SkyStormSpectre

Remarkable (22)
Steam: 5K|SkyyStørm
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by frogger_29 » May 2, 2013 1:29am | Report
400 pure damage might be too much even if it needs to be channeled for 6 sec., so I guess changing the damage into magical could do the trick, although you probably wouldn't be able to channel successfully since your enemy has 6 sec. to move away from you. Also, about his W, is it balanced? A 3 sec. stun might also be too much for Level 1. What do you guys think? Also, his E's cooldown is a little bit too low, as Crazy Tom mentioned, so I'll increase it's cooldown by a few seconds.

Thanks for all the feedback and support.

frogger_29

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyStormSpectre » May 2, 2013 5:52am | Report
Quoted:
00 pure damage might be too much even if it needs to be channeled for 6 sec., so I guess changing the damage into magical could do the trick, although you probably wouldn't be able to channel successfully since your enemy has 6 sec. to move away from you.

He could move away from you, but you can use your W on him to keep him in range for at least 4 seconds... Magical damage would be better. Nerfing the W would mean that it could still be overpowered if you have a lane partner with a slow or stun. I highly suggest scaling it and reducing the channeling time to a fixed amount, such as 4 seconds (then scaling the damage to for instance 250/325/400/475. Just a suggestion.

Didn't even see the stun, yeah its pretty overpowered. CK's stun has a chance to get 4 second, but its random. Windrunner has her Shackleshot that stuns for 3.75 seconds, if she manages to successfully shackle the target to another hero or tree and that's only at level 4.

So yeah, that needs to scale, and be reduced. Consider that Vengeful Spirit's Magic Missile (a similar single target stun skill) with damage only stuns for 1.45 seconds at level one. So you need to both scale and reduce that.

Still a cool hero. :O

SkyStormSpectre

Remarkable (22)
Steam: 5K|SkyyStørm
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » May 2, 2013 5:52am | Report
If you just remove the cooldown,and achieve a mana pool of lets say ,3k mana with the ult,nobody shall be alive on the map if you just start casting your ult each time.Maybe make it have like a 2-3 second of cooldown,because it also gets global.Either remove the global part(or just make the range bigger with agha),either remove the no cooldown thing.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by frogger_29 » May 2, 2013 6:13pm | Report
Thanks for the feedback guys. Will be nerfing him now.

frogger_29

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved