Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Summoner

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Summoner 6 posts - page 1 of 1

Poll Question:

Is this hero good ?
Good
Bad
It's ok
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xMRMARKx » June 9, 2017 2:34am | Report
The Summoner

Lore
The Summoner was created from the mind of xMRMARKx.

Stats:
Primary attribute: Intelligence
Strength: 68 (23 plus 1.8 per level)
Agility: 52 (17 plus 1.4 per level)
Intelligence: 92 (22 plus 2.8 per level)
Damage: 40-51
Health: 1540
Mana: 1250
Armor: 0.7
400 range (Ranged)

Spells
Freezing Mirror (Q)
Single Target, Pierces Spell Immunity,
The summoner calls forth the energy of a cold, lifeless land, reflecting it off of an enemy and stunning his others.
Stun duration: 1.6/1.9/2.2/2.5
Cast Range: 500/600/700/800
Radius: 400/500/600/700
Mana cost: 160
Cooldown:30 seconds
Not only do I summon it, I also have to protect all my friends!

Maze (W)
The conjurer waves his hands and his enemies find huge walls of stone in their path. Also useful for building castles!
When cast, creates a grid of blocks (they do nothing), invisible to all except the Summoner, each 300 units across, around the Summoner. At the time it is cast, he stands in the center of them and there are 8 blocks by 8 blocks (Furthest block out is 1). Maze is replaced by the secondary ability, Wall of Stone, which gets 4/5/6/7 charges that last for 8 seconds. The blocks from Maze also last for 8 seconds.
Mana: 75/50/25/0
Cooldown: 32/30/28/26
0.8 second cast point
With the passage of time comes a shift in the earth.

Wall of Stone (W)

When cast on an area or unit inside one of the blocks, the block in question becomes a barrier. It functions as impassable terrain (the blocks are 300x300 unit squares). 8 seconds after Maze was cast, all the blocks are destroyed.
40 mana
Global range, 0 cd, instant cast point to where it doesn't interrupt movement or attacking.
For some reason I can't create these above my enemies. Life would be so much easier.

The Book of Resistance (E)
Passive
For each enemy nearby, the summoner gains magic resistance.
Radius: 900
Magic resistance: 10/15/20/25%
MAGIC RESISTANCE RECALCULATED FOR DIFFERENT NUMBERS OF HEROES

1 hero: 10/15/20/25%
2 heroes: 19/28/36/44%
3 heroes: 27/38/49/58%
4 heroes: 34/48/59/68%
5 heroes: 41/56/67/76%

The summoner was once in a library so vast, nothing of use had been found in it. He immediately had its most valuable item bring itself to him.

The Summoning Star (R)
After Channeling for 4 seconds, the summoner calls his team around him. They instantly appear in a random order 350 units above, below, to the right and left of him when the channeling is over.
Mana cost: 300/450/600
Cooldown: 260/225/190
I've never had to shout to my friends. They're always right by my side.

Aghanim's Scepter
Reduces The Summoning Star's cooldown to 140/110/80.

Talents
Level 10: +70 gpm/10 blocks width Maze
Level 15: +60 damage/+5% The Book of Resistance protection
Level 20: +1 second Freezing Mirror stun/+2 Wall of Stone charges
Level 25: 2 second Summoning Star Channel/30% cooldown reduction

Animation: The summoner walks around with a book in one of his hands. The other is empty. When he attacks, a glass bottle or stone is summoned to his hand and thrown at the enemy.

xMRMARKx

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Magnus Magus » June 10, 2017 12:44pm | Report
This is an interesting idea, however it seems to me that some of the stuff is either imbalanced or too weak.

His w doesn't combo well with his e or his q as he is unlikely to be fighting someone the instant the trap springs. Additionally, he is a bad fighter overall as he has terrible attributes (1100 health at max level and you want to teleport them to you?).

Additionally, his w runs the risk of "fountain hooking", which valve already decided will not be a thing.

His R is also a theoretically powerful spell but doesn't really combo with his other spells. Besides costing more mana than he has at level 6, it wouldn't work very well.
-if he was already in a fight, he would be killed or stunned before channeling is done. He has too low hp.
-if he has allies around him, then he doesn't need to cast it.
-There is no possible way that he could win a fight by himself, so bringing allies to him when he is deep into enemy territory is going to be a difficult situation to be in. The allies would have to be there to win a high-ground fight, or he was letting them be 4v5 in a teamfight.
-Using his ult to get a kill from a trap gives them enough time to get very far away, meaning that there is very little chance for this to work either.

The only times I can see this useful is if he is solo defending base (in which case Underlord would have been a better pick) or if he wants a surprise gank. He's not very good at ganking though, as 1 hero is always left safe from his stun, so again he ends up doing very little for his team.

Overall, I feel the summoner needs a large buff to both his stats and his spells.
-His primary stat should be intelligence, not strength, or his strength gain should be buffed to somewhere from 2 to 3.
-His W and R should be remade to make him a more teamfighty hero. Perhaps his w allowing him to summon one allied hero to his position instantly as long as the ally is not within 1000 units of an enemy, with 60/45/30/15 cooldown. I'm not sure what you would make his ultimate, but something about gaining control over a fight would be in order.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

My hero and item ideas!

The Magnus Magus

Notable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xMRMARKx » June 12, 2017 6:24am | Report
Hi,
Thanks for your advice, because this is my first time doing hero ideas, your advice about the W is amazing, I love it. But abouot the R i think you may don't understand. I can summon my allies in the base so we can go defend when they are split pushing. And they don't need to stay together to be teleport back home like Underlord. About his skills, it may don't work very well together but I think the combo Summoner-Dark Seer would be great. Va***n, then Summoner's Q and they will be all freeze.

xMRMARKx

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Magnus Magus » June 12, 2017 7:14pm | Report
Ahh, I see. Also I guess the ult could be very good. Another situation would be to save a hero or even your whole team from a bad gank or fight, so you could stay home and they could safely push even 4v5 (or midgame where ganks are common).

Currently the Q doesn't actually need dark seer as the radius for Freezing Mirror is so huge - 900. Vacuum could fit several times over inside that. However, I wouldn't change it. It is a completely unique ability, and is a perfect teamfight one. Downsides are what make most abilities unique and if you make the radius smaller I feel it will be nerfed too much and impossible to land.
I would feel safe increasing the starting stun duration even or making it a flat value and having the cast range and aoe scale. Something like this, just because for a stun that doesn't even work against 1 person 0.5 seconds is very bad. Almost every garunteed stun starts at 1+ seconds.
different scaling example

Also, if you do leave the ult (which you should) don't make the W what I suggested. His toolkit would be too much summon hero here and this is bad. Because his ultimate has no combat utility, I would make his other abilities powerful to make up for it. The Book of Resisting already does this (I would make it 10/15/20/25 just for the sake of linear scaling but whatever). His Q with a longer duration might be good, right now it feels bad.
Also, for a way of making the Book of Resisting combo better with his ult (it already combos with his q) make it give 6/8/10/12% resistance per nearby hero, regardless of their team. My only concern is that it might make the power weaker overall.

To make a w that works better and also fits with the theme, consider these abilities.

Maze:

History Calls

For aghanims and talents, I also came up with some ideas.
Aghanims

Talents

Also, I would seriously recommend changing him to ranged, intelligence. He needs it. Really.

And here is a complete reformat of the hero, for all your beautification needs!
The Summoner

I only changed his stats a little bit, made him ranged, tweaked the numbers of Freezing Mirror as described above, and got rid of the quarterstaff and Teleportation trap. These could easily be copy/pasted back in if you want to keep them. The hp, etc are calculated from stat changes. You might want to check out the spells just to make sure I did them right. (Copy paste it by clicking "quote" on my comment).
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

My hero and item ideas!

The Magnus Magus

Notable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xMRMARKx » June 13, 2017 8:39am | Report
Thanks you MAgnus Magnus,
I will choose Maze for the skill W. Does Valve and Ice frog visit this website to see what we are sharing them ? I hope they do, cause the ideas in this website are amazing. Also for the Aghnim's scpeter, let do cooldown reduction instead of remove channeling.

xMRMARKx

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Magnus Magus » June 13, 2017 2:26pm | Report
No problem! I had nothing to do yesterday and so coming up with these ideas was pretty fun.
I don't think Valve does look at these, if you look at Yzreel he has probably 50 hero ideas better than Monkey King but that didn't stop Valve.
To upgrade formatting (Do this, XD, its so hard to read right now), click "quote" on this post, copy paste everything after the [spoiler=blah blah until the [/spoiler that comes right before my self advertising.
Then click "Edit" at the bottom of your first post and copy paste it in, replacing the original.

Spoiler: Click to view

By the way, you should check out my heroes (Only after you make the formatting change) (Xaeran, Mazzil, and the Blind Seer). I want to know what I can improve on, just try to break mine like I dissected this guy. (don't try to spend an hour writing a response unless you want to. Just because I don't have a life doesn't mean you should lose yours.)

My hero and item ideas!

The Magnus Magus

Notable (5)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved