Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Some Interesting Item Ideas (Plus a new use for Orb of Venom!)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Some Interesting Item Ideas (Plus a new use for Orb of Venom!) 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Scezory » December 6, 2014 6:55pm | Report

Golden Hourglass

Bought at Secret Shop for 900 gold

Effects

Passive: Unique, the ultimate ability's cooldown is decreased by 5 seconds. This item cannot lower the cooldown past 10 seconds

Clock of Paradoxes

Perseverance
+
Golden Hourglass
+
Recipe (1200 gold)

Total = 3850 gold

Effects

+125%/150%/175%/200% Mana Regeneration
+5 HP regeneration
+10 Damage

Passive: Unique, The cooldown on abilities (and some items) are reduced by 15%/25%/35%/45%

Buying the recipe again will upgrade this item.

Toxic Death

Orb of Venom
+
Eaglesong
+
Recipe (700 gold)

Total = 4270 gold

Effects

+30 agility

Passive: Unique Attack Modifier, but works with lifesteal. Attacks will slow opponents by 30%, and deal 50% of the users Agility as damage/second for 4 seconds. DoT does not pierce Magic Immunity

Hope you liked my item ideas!
Before you ask why, think for a moment, why not.

Scezory

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 6, 2014 7:41pm | Report
1st item is rather weak.

It only reduces 6 seconds on a minute cooldown, and refresher completely outclasses this item for big ultis. Also item buildup is strange.

Second item.... meh. Dont like it. Totally not worth the price. Dat recipe doe.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » December 7, 2014 12:44am | Report
Yes first item is really weak for it's price and barely any hero would need THAT much manaregen.
The second one... seems like an agressive Eye of Skadi to me. I would strengthen the slow ->30%, and the DoT(it's really weak, like a free hit every 4 seconds that doesn't crit etc(like Weaver's Geminate Attack), while it takes an orb slot) to 50% or something, and up the Agility gain to 30, while making the recipe more expensive, BUT do not make it pierce Magic Immunity like Skadi.

I can see this as an agressive pickup for Luna, Drow Ranger, Juggernaut, Riki, Clinkz, and of course Slark, also Venomancer could use this as a luxury pickup I think.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Scezory » December 7, 2014 1:46pm | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

Yes first item is really weak for it's price and barely any hero would need THAT much manaregen.
The second one... seems like an agressive Eye of Skadi to me. I would strengthen the slow ->30%, and the DoT(it's really weak, like a free hit every 4 seconds that doesn't crit etc(like Weaver's Geminate Attack), while it takes an orb slot) to 50% or something, and up the Agility gain to 30, while making the recipe more expensive, BUT do not make it pierce Magic Immunity like Skadi.

I can see this as an agressive pickup for Luna, Drow Ranger, Juggernaut, Riki, Clinkz, and of course Slark, also Venomancer could use this as a luxury pickup I think.

Unscathed wrote:

It only reduces 6 seconds on a minute cooldown, and refresher completely outclasses this item for big ultis. Also item buildup is strange.

Thx for the feedback.

I would think that the first item would be used with a Refresher Orb, as it would decrease the CD of it and whatever really epic ulti you used. But i guess a 10% CD decrease is kind of low.
Before you ask why, think for a moment, why not.

Scezory

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » December 7, 2014 2:02pm | Report
40% reduction ?!
That would be Zeus' new hayday item. 250% mana regen and 40% cd reduction -> spam dat Thundergod's Wrath

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » December 7, 2014 7:06pm | Report
I like your idea of decreasing cooldown, make it a scaling value and it will works better, for example :
10~30 : 10% reduction
31~90 : 20% reduction
91~150: 30% reduction
151 or above : 40% reduction
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » December 7, 2014 7:13pm | Report
what do the numbers mean man

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PokerKid » December 8, 2014 1:03am | Report
KoDyAbAbA wrote:

what do the numbers mean man

I think the number stand for the cool down.
MrLocket wrote:

I like your idea of decreasing cooldown, make it a scaling value and it will works better, for example :
10~30 : 10% reduction
31~90 : 20% reduction
91~150: 30% reduction
151 or above : 40% reduction

If the cooldown of the skill is 10-30, it has 10% cd reduction, and so on.
"Better not.. Just because you don't know what's in it, and want to open Pandora's box, because if you know what's inside the box before you open it, it won't be interesting at all." -Kid

PokerKid

Notable (2)
Steam: PokerKid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 8, 2014 1:46am | Report
First item is still heavily outclassed by refresher.

Not aure bout second.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PokerKid » December 8, 2014 2:11am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

First item is still heavily outclassed by refresher.

Not aure bout second.

True, I think the item build is strange.

I recommend you could make a brand new item that can eventually build to something that reduces cooldown so it can make sense.

Items that base of Hour Glass or something :)
"Better not.. Just because you don't know what's in it, and want to open Pandora's box, because if you know what's inside the box before you open it, it won't be interesting at all." -Kid

PokerKid

Notable (2)
Steam: PokerKid

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved