Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Rayco (Warrior of Prey)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Rayco (Warrior of Prey) 2 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by corin » January 13, 2017 6:02pm | Report

Rayco

[Lore/story in progress]

Base Move Speed: 325
Attack Range: Melee (75)
Primary Stat: Agi
Int: 1.5+
Str: 1.5+
Agi: 2+

[Q] Torrent

Rayco beats his wings in one strong motion, creating a powerful wind effect in a moderate Aoe around himself. This ability deals damage to all enemies within the Aoe and pushes enemies toward or away from himself, depending on the Deep Roller/Shallow Roller stance toggled. Affects invisible units.

Spell Immune: Yes (Knock back Yes, Damage No)
Damage Type: Magic
Damage: 125/150/175/200
Aoe: 450 Radius
Knock Back Distance: 250/300/350/400
Cast Time: 0.5 Sec
CD: 25 Sec
Cost: 150

[W] Dive Strike

Using speed and agility, Rayco swoops through enemy positions, striking them as he passes. This ability gains charges over time to a max amount. Cast at target location, Rayco dashes quickly to that target, bypassing terrain and trees and dealing damage to enemies in his path. Cannot be used to disjoint projectiles however, upon reaching target location, trees are destroyed in a small Aoe at that location. Can damage invisible units.

Spell Immune: No
Damage Type: Physical
Damage: 80/110/140/170
Range: 475
Travel Speed: 600
Max Charges: 2/2/3/3
Charge Generation Timer: 15 Sec
CD: N/A
Cost: 70/80/90/100

[E] Deep Roller/Shallow Roller [Passive/Toggle]

Rayco is a master of the avian art of combat, perfecting both offensive and defensive stances. This ability has two modes to switch between, both have passive effects and also effect his other abilities.

Deep Roller

This is the offensive stance, providing a physical damage increase buff at the cost of increased physical damage taken. Also causes Torrent and Wind Storm to Knock Back enemies away from himself for their respective amounts.

Spell Immune:
Physical Damage Dealt Increase: 10%/20%/30%/40%
Physical Damage Taken Increase: 20%

Shallow Roller

This is the defensive stance, providing a decrease in physical damage taken at the cost of reducing physical damage dealt. Also causes Torrent and Wind Storm to Knock Back enemies toward himself for their respective amounts.

Spell Immune:
Physical Damage Dealt Decrease: 20%
Physical Damage Taken Decrease: 10%/20%/30%/40%

[R] Wind Storm [Channeling]

Focusing all his will on his natural connection to the wind, Rayco performs a powerful channeling ability, effecting all enemies in a large Aoe around himself, this ability applies a force to enemies, damaging and moving them at a set speed either toward or away from himself. Enemies under this effect are still able to attack, move and cast abilities as normal, they simply have a pushing effect applied to them. The damage is dealt in small intervals, this ability can effect invisible units. The Push Speed Amount is reduced slightly when in Shallow Roller Stance

Spell Immune: Yes (Push Effect Yes, Damage No)
Damage Type: Magic
Damage: 5/10/15
Damage Intervals: 0.2
Deep Roller Push Speed Amount: 300/400/500
Shallow Roller Push Speed Amount: 200/300/400
Aoe: 1000 Radius
Duration: 10 Sec
Cast Speed: 0.5 Sec
CD: 80/70/60 Sec
Cost: 200/250/300

Talents

+15 Str/+15 Move Speed

+50 Damage/+10 Hp Regen

+20 Agi/+10 Armor

Wind Storm Cool Down is 30 Sec and +200 to Push effect/Dive Strike has 5 max charges, +150 range and can now disjoint basic projectiles.

[FEEDBACK PLEASE]

corin

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Magnus Magus » February 11, 2017 10:40pm | Report
I don't like how his ult and his q are basically the same spell. Make his stance effect an inborn ability that cycles through normal/offense/defense with a 30% buff and a 20% debuff, as this is a curse at low levels and is required for his other spells anyways.

Change his q to something that combos better with his other spells. Considering he is a wind dragon, maybe his q can pull all enemies in a cone to him as he inhales.

His w also is a bit weird, I would make the damage flat and have 2/3/4/5 charges, or the damage scale and have always 3 charges. Another idea is making it deal no damage but disjoint projectiles when in a defensive stance.

As for his new e (because the stance is inborn) I would have something that combos with the stances, maybe a cleaving blast (that deals damage in a cone based on his own physical damage.)

His ult seems really strong, I would reduce the duration to 5 and make the push/pull more like 250/300/350 so it is always hard but never impossible to fight. Also, increase the cooldown maybe, as this seems on par with ravage.

Also, this is a personal preference but I like making all the talents have something to do with their spells. An example would be:

15 str / q pushes if in defensive stance
50 damage / + 200 cast range
E is in a circle, not a cone / +20 agi
Wind storm cannot be outrun, but rather pushes at the heroes movespeed / +2 dive strike charges.

Sorry if I seem critical, I just didn't like the e as a leveled ability and think the q shouldnt be so much like the ult.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

My hero and item ideas!

The Magnus Magus

Notable (5)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved