Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Power orb (universal item)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Power orb (universal item) 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by bloodywacko » March 5, 2015 8:44pm | Report
I was thinking about item with similar effect like bloodseeker´s first skill.
Increased all damage from wielder.

Like +20/25 % (numbers need tweaks) damage increase.

Build from Reaver, Eagle song, Mystic staff (also tweakable)
This could solve some balance on pure nukers and supports, so they will be still usefull in lategame.

Give me some critics so i can tweak it.

bloodywacko

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Swixcap » March 6, 2015 1:03am | Report
Like blooseeker but without the heal for 25% I assume?
So that would be something like
Reaver
Eaglesong
Mystic Staff
9200 gold total

Grants:
+30 all stats

Active:
Increases all damage you do by 20%
Duration: 8
Cool down: 60

Instant new core on Dusa, Terrorblade and PL ^^
In my opinion it would only make hard carries harder. If I have understood you correctly, it would be a super late game, stat-gain item for carries (due to the price).

I am not sure about the necessity of this item - unless I have misunderstood you. Please elaborate on your idea. We already have Medallion of Courage as well - a buff item which makes a friend harder to kill or a foe easier to kill.
This is my signature. This is my dotabuff.

Swixcap

Notable (7)
Steam: Cube
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Swixcap » March 6, 2015 1:05am | Report
Welcome to the forum by the way :) Feel free to introduce yourself.

Swixcap

Notable (7)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » March 6, 2015 1:23am | Report
Reaver + Eaglesong + Mystic Staff is basically the worst build-up in Dota ever. It is not an item for supports, trust me :).

Remember, that percentage based abilities are quite hard to balance. It needs a great amount of testing.

My biggest concern is the build-up. How will you manage your inventory slots in order to get it? For me, it is only available for total stomps, but then - what do you need this item for?

Still - as far as I understood, it also increases magical damage done by various nukes and item nukes (like Dagon)?

Look, Empower increases your base damage (and given by primary attribute) by 50%, while also giving you a Cleave, it lasts 40 seconds, and cooldown is set on 12 seconds.

If it works with raw damage items (like Divine Rapier), then it could be situational, but rather unnecessery. When you have huge damage items, you don't need more damage. In late game, it is also about control. Legion Commander with 200 bonus damage is kinda scary, but sometimes it's just underwhelming. Simply.

Ask yourself - what would you sell on a 6-slotted carry to get this item, and if it's worth it? In which circumstances it is viable and possible?

You get some stats (not something incredible), and 20% damage increase for a very short amount of time, during which you can be chainstunned, or kited/avoided. Things like Ghost Scepters or Eul's Scepter of Divinity will quickly waste opportunity to even use this item in a fight.

Butterfly gives 30 agility (+30damage for AGI heroes and 30 armor + 30 attack speed for all), and also 35% evasion, as well as Flutter ability for 6000 gold, which is only 2/3 cost of your item.

I think that this item has several issues. Let's bring them on again:
  • Terrible, utterly horrendous and impossible build-up (Important note: All of those items can be purchased only in the Secret Shop);
  • Underwhelming active ability;
  • You are likely to waste it, if you will not have proper lockdown provided by your teammates (since you will not rather have items like Abyssal Blade - you spent all of your gold on Power Orb).

Hope I helped.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » March 6, 2015 4:14am | Report
Power Orb should be something like three Ultimate Orbs or something.

Edit: Ulti Orb + Orb of Venom + Refresher?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » March 6, 2015 12:50pm | Report
Woah woah woah. I ain't paying 9200 gold so I can get +20% for 8 seconds. It's as simple as that.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Swixcap » March 6, 2015 3:02pm | Report
kkoopman3 wrote:

Woah woah woah. I ain't paying 9200 gold so I can get +20% for 8 seconds. It's as simple as that.

Then you are very welcome to suggest an item following this idea that you would pay for ;)

Swixcap

Notable (7)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by bloodywacko » March 6, 2015 4:15pm | Report
Ok so maybe items should be different, sometin up to 3K max. but idea of item is to boost dmg of abilites like Bloodseekers skill does, so heroes like CM,Lina,Lion,Pugna,Shaker,Sand King etc. will still do some difference in super late.

Also if you are worried about hard carry, i dont think autoattackers like PA or Void will buy this, only those who do damage with skills (jugg, veno, invoker etc.) So maybe we could also change this to "Only Skill´s" damage increase instead of "All damage". (+items effects, MKB +100 strike, radiance burn, mjoll lightning etc.)

So i belive some of you like this idea, now we need to tweak item build-up and actuall effect of item.

Thx for critics

P.S. about that Empower and other buffs comments, thats exactly what i wanna avoid, because that player is not always around when you need it. (reason i want this item is, because i was fascinated about BS skill reworked, but when i needed that buff he was either not in game or on other side of map).

bloodywacko

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Swixcap » March 7, 2015 2:09pm | Report
@bloody, without knowing your experience and skill level I will allow myself to tell you one thing: heroes like CM,Lina,Lion,Pugna,Shaker,Sand King etc. are not meant to do damage late game! They are crowd controllers, healers, disablers, vision-creators etc. -- what is usually called support heroes ;) They need and want utility items, not a damage-increase - for which we have Veil of Discord anyway.

I don't really see a need for the Power Orb, although the name is great ;)

Swixcap

Notable (7)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » March 7, 2015 2:57pm | Report
Yeah, that's why I exluced supports from my thoughts on this item. Current cost is just terrible.

I do agree, that supports are not main Damage Dealers in late game. And for 9k gold you can have much better overall utility items. I think I don't have to mention which items.

@bloodywacko - I am confused about the Juggernaut's ability damage increase. Are you talking about Blade Fury or Omnislash? Then, you would have to tell us, whether it increases ability damage based on magic damage, or based on physical damage. As we know, Blade Fury is a magic damage skill, when Omnislash deals physical damage. It is important for you to clarify things.

It also comes down to abilities like Quill Spray, Unstable Concoction, Shadow Wave, Anchor Smash, etc. Item description (especially if you are making a new item) should be complete and should not leave players confused.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved