Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Pory The God of Patience

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Pory The God of Patience 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » June 25, 2014 4:39am | Report

Pory The God of Patience

So, going by ThreadOfFate's idea, I decided to go with Pory(gon) hero idea. This was inspired by Porygon's post (the real guy) about the two skills. I think that the skills he suggested can be made into a great offlane hero with a high burst damage (that aims for one-hit kill with high cooldown skills) that is supposed to be played like Bounty Hunter. So, yeah, here

Lore:

The magical connections between civilizations are managed by some of the most powerful entities in the world. There are four in total: Thread, Pory, Bunkan and Yzreel.

Thread is the innovator of the four, constantly improving connections and devising new methods of warfare.

Pory is the more patient of the four, often laying in wait for decades until the time is right to strike a powerful blow.

Bunkan is a mystery, constantly changing from serious to laid-back in an instant. If he is called to battle, however, he becomes a formidable opponent.

Yzreel is the teacher, evaluating and making changes to the other four's style of battle, and with good reason. The amount of battle experience he holds makes him perfect for the title.

Long ago, the four nations lived in harmony, but everything changed when the- Wait wrong script.

Long ago, the four gods watched over the galactic connection, protecting it with their very lives if needed. In order to do so, each deity often took turns going to the planet in order to prevent the discovery of their home.

Statistics

Faction: The Radiant
Primary Attribute: Agility
Attack Type: Melee
Roles: Carry, Escape, Roamer

Str: 73 at 25 (18 + 2.3/level)
Agi: 95 at 82 (23+ 3.0/level)
Int: 73 at 25 (18 + 2.3/level)

Health: 1537 at 25
MP: 949 at 25
Armor: 18 (4.5 base armor + 13.5) at 25
Movement: 325
Range: 150

Skills

[Q] Silent Watcher: The God of Patience patiently waits in silence, while expanding his vision exponentially to learn what he might use in the future. This skill turns Pory invisible for a short duration while removing him from mini map (even if there are true sight). In this duration, his vision is increased (still ground vision, but half of the total vision range is flying), as well as increase in his exp range. However, in this duration he cannot cast spell or attack, if he does the invisibility and bonus is broken.

- 450 bonus vision, 150 bonus exp range
- 600 bonus vision, 300 bonus exp range
- 750 bonus vision, 450 bonus exp range
- 900 bonus vision, 600 bonus exp range

Type: No Target
Affect: Self

MP Cost: 60/75/90/100
Cooldown: 30/25/20/15 seconds
Duration: 22/27/32/35 seconds

I see...

[] Hidden Flaws: Pory understands what even his enemies don't about themselves, as well as every single weaknesses they have. This skill grants Pory bonus damage if he attacks a unit that has been in his vision range for certain duration (different from debuff, more like a buff to Pory himself). If Pory attacks that unit as first target after 10 seconds, the unit will be stunned. If the unit goes out of his vision, the duration is reset except if the unit has been affected (in that case, after 5 seconds Pory lose bonus damage to that target and duration is reset)

- Within 6 seconds, 20 bonus damage, 1 second stun
- Within 5 seconds, 30 bonus damage, 1.3 seconds stun
- Within 4 seconds, 40 bonus damage, 1.7 seconds stun
- Within 3 seconds, 50 bonus damage, 2 seconds stun

Type: Passive
Affect: Self

Oh my, so many flaws within you, and I bet you didn't know!

[E] Calculated Blow: The God of Patience exploits what he learned throughout his age, for the sake of learning more and more. This skill deals bonus damage based on target's base damage, and units killed with this skill will give Pory additional exp compared to normal kill. If this skill is used for breaking invisibility from Silent Watcher, this skill gives double bonus exp (if the target dies). If Pory receives Hidden Flaws buff from that target, the bonus damage from it is also counted as target's base damage.

- 60 damage, 50% base damage as bonus, 10% bonus exp
- 90 damage, 75% base damage as bonus, 15% bonus exp
- 120 damage, 100% base damage as bonus, 20% bonus exp
- 150 damage, 125% base damage as bonus, 25% bonus exp

Type: Target Unit
Affect: Enemy Units

MP Cost: 100/120/140/160
Cooldown: 30/24/18/12 seconds
Cast Range: 800

I learn to learn more

[R] Fatal Strike: Pory finally decide to move and attack, as he deems that he has learned enough from this single subject and that the subject serves no more use. This skill teleport Pory for a certain distance, and the first normal attack he did will be multiplied for a number of percentages (any bonus damage is counted in this multiplication). If a target dies from this hit, he gains bonus exp based on the exp bonus of Calculated Blow.

- 1000 range, 300% damage, 5 seconds duration
- 1400 range, 350% damage, 10 seconds duration
- 1800 range, 400% damage, 15 seconds duration

Type: No Target
Affects: Self
Damage: Physical

Cooldown: 80/55/30 seconds
MP Cost: 200/150/100

Thank you for the education, thanks and farewell
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » June 25, 2014 4:53am | Report
Welll....Ok then, saves me the issue of doing Porygon myself xD Moving onto Bunkan(see)

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
Steam: TTT.Pixelmancer
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » June 25, 2014 5:19am | Report
Yet there was a fifth one no one knew about, who hid in the fires of Hell, they called him Lord Abaddon, The Destroyer.

He helped those he deemed worthy, and Shunned those beneath him. He brought hell down upon those who feeded others with their uselessness and praised his achievements above all else.

One Lord to rule them all, One Lord to teach them,
One Lord to Watch them all and in the fires of Hell Scorch THEM!
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » June 25, 2014 7:06am | Report
Actually can I ask something? It would be really biased if I were to make ME as a hero, so could you do it?

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
Steam: TTT.Pixelmancer
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » June 25, 2014 7:11am | Report
After a decade, I have returned to speak!

I like how Silent Watcher also increases the XP range, it's a nice touch there.

Hidden Flaws actually helps in last hitting as well, since the skill didn't specify that it only works on heroes. :P

Learning Process could have a different name like Analysis Attack or something like that. Other than that, it is a skill that does a significant amount of damage and can make the hero level up faster, while having a low cooldown.

An idea for Fatal Strike: make it have a lower base critical percentage, but the percentage increases if the target of the attack was hit by Learning Process OR spotted with Hidden Flaws (the final percentage after the increase will be higher than the ones stated in the current skill information).

The damage has been done. Time to make my leave. *disappears*

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » June 25, 2014 8:19am | Report
ThreadOfFate wrote:

Actually can I ask something? It would be really biased if I were to make ME as a hero, so could you do it?

Would be my honor :)
Can probably only start making it tomorrow though, if someone else want to do it, feel free!
porygon361 wrote:

After a decade, I have returned to speak!

I like how Silent Watcher also increases the XP range, it's a nice touch there.

Hidden Flaws actually helps in last hitting as well, since the skill didn't specify that it only works on heroes. :P

Learning Process could have a different name like Analysis Attack or something like that. Other than that, it is a skill that does a significant amount of damage and can make the hero level up faster, while having a low cooldown.

An idea for Fatal Strike: make it have a lower base critical percentage, but the percentage increases if the target of the attack was hit by Learning Process OR spotted with Hidden Flaws (the final percentage after the increase will be higher than the ones stated in the current skill information).

The damage has been done. Time to make my leave. *disappears*

Actually, the Hidden Flaws was intended to be one of the last hitting tool, as well as Learning Process since he is designed to be offlane hero. As of Fatal Strike, I'm not sure, I don't think I will change it though because currently, the bonus damage from Hidden Flaws also is multiplied on his ultimate, and multiplying Learning Process is just OP, right?

For the name of the skill, please try to find a name for it, I'm not that good at it :p
Once the name is fixed, I will change it (it's not gonna be Analytical Attack, right?)
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » June 25, 2014 8:25am | Report
Yzreel wrote:

Actually, the Hidden Flaws was intended to be one of the last hitting tool, as well as Learning Process since he is designed to be offlane hero. As of Fatal Strike, I'm not sure, I don't think I will change it though because currently, the bonus damage from Hidden Flaws also is multiplied on his ultimate, and multiplying Learning Process is just OP, right?

For the name of the skill, please try to find a name for it, I'm not that good at it :p
Once the name is fixed, I will change it (it's not gonna be Analytical Attack, right?)

Make the name "Calculated Blow" 8{D (gonna keep doing this until I finish my hero idea on Xyrus)

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » June 25, 2014 8:28am | Report
Sweet, calculated blow it is 8{D
Come on Porygon, give Xyrus for mee!!!!! (sounds wrong X{D)
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » June 25, 2014 2:02pm | Report
Maybe I should do Xyrus. Or do you want me to do Hades4u? Maybe even Wulfstan or Sando.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » June 25, 2014 3:26pm | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Maybe I should do Xyrus. Or do you want me to do Hades4u? Maybe even Wulfstan or Sando.

If you do me, remember, I am "The One Who Knows ALL"!

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved