Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Overseer, the lord of Wind and Sight

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Overseer, the lord of Wind and Sight 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » June 21, 2014 2:53am | Report

The Overseer

Radiant Intelligence
Support
Base strength: 20(+1.8)
Base agility: 18(+2.0)
Base intelligence: 24(+2.5)
Base armour: 2
Base damage: 56
Movespeed: 290

Lore

Long has the Overseer watched upon our world and sighed, watching hundreds of battles and wars unfold in front of his eyes, unable to do anything except create winds and tornadoes.. The three deities that protect the planet decided long ago that no deity may directly interfere in the planet's affairs.

But then the wars of the ancients began. One of the three deities fell from glory and was sent to the planet by his wife, and the other was forced to interfere in order to assist his champion. This bend in rules gave the Overseer a chance. A chance to help.

The Overseer now controls a body with half of his actual soul within, bringing his brand of magic to the radiant side

Skills

Tempest wall (Active)

The Overseer creates an impassable wall made of
tornadoes directly in front of him
(Note from creator: Think Ice Wall) which knocks back, ministuns
and damages enemy units that hit it

Knockback(in units): 200/200/200/200
Ministun: 0.2/0.3/0.4/0.5
Damage: 50/100/150/200.
Duration: 2/3/4/5
Cooldown: 25/20/15/10
Mana cost: 100/125/150/175

"I enjoy some privacy whilst I plot my enemy's demise."

W: Revelation (Active, Channel, Global)

The Overseer uses his knowledge of all living
things and utilises the wind in order to reveal all enemies on the map for
a duration. This sight is only true sight if the invisible hero is within
a 600 AoE of The Overseer.

Duration: 3/4/5/6
Cooldown: 45/40/35/30
Mana cost: 50/100/150/200

"I spy with my ever-seeing eyes..."

E: Windsnipe (Click ground)

The Overseer aims a bolt made of sharp wind currents.
The maximum range on this ability is 2300 units. The bolt moves
at a speed of 200 units per second. if it hits, it deals damage
and a ministun. This bolt cannot hit allies.

Damage: 100/200/300/400
Ministun: 0.2/0.3/0.4/0.5
Cooldown: 25
Mana cost: 160/150/140/130

"And that Mirana thought she was good."

R: Category five (Allied hero, Global)

The Overseer grants his blessing to one allied hero. Whilst
under the effects of this ability, the chosen unit is granted
unstackable evasion. The chosen unit also sends hurricanes
in random directions for the duration. These tornadoes stun, silence
and damage enemy heroes that are hit. The silence is applied
AFTER the stun is lifted. Each enemy hero can only be
affected by this ability twice. The hurricanes each have a
150 AoE

Evasion: 10%/20$/30%
Tornado stun: 1//1.5/2
Tornado silence: 1/1.5/2
Tornado damage: 200/300/400
Duration: 4/5/6
Cooldown: 80/70/60
Mana cost: 200/150/100
Aghanim's scepter effect: Enemy heroes can be affected by hurricanes for a third time.

"Now, don't worry friends. This may look scary, but it only hurts enemies...I hope."

Changelog:

Change 1 - CHANGE EVERYTHING ABOUT THE FIRST AND LAST SKILLS
Change 2 - Added missing information, and rescaled, to Whirlwind sprint
- Increased the delay for Windsnipe
- Disabled global true sight for Revelation
Change 3 - Changed the ultimate for a second time.

Responses

Spawning:
-It has been so long since I felt the ground.

Beginning the battle:
-The wind finds, sees, and destroys all.

Moving:
-Why does the player want me there?
-There had better be a good reason for doing this.
-I'm coming! Don't report me for AFK! Please!

Killing a hero
-Couldn't take a slight breeze? Pah!
-Oh so the player knew what he as doing all along. Ok then, carry on.
-Keep calm and...Who am I talking to?

Dying
-Player, is that the best you can do? If so let me take over.
-Mortality is overrated.
-Aaaand back to the skies I go
-Why do I care? I'll respawn later anyway.

Killing a rival
Windranger - Oh Lyralei, that was a disappointing performance.
Windranger - I gave you your power, and now I take it back.
Windranger - What is a breeze to a hurricane?
Invoker - Carl. About time you died.
Zeus - Zeus? That was you? Your lightning was so pathetic I didn't realise.
Zeus - Back to the council with you.
Omniknight - The Omniscience spoke highly of you. I am...Dissapointed.
Omniknight - Omniscience? If you're listening, please don't kill me.
Omniknight - The Omniscience regarded you highly, and you soiled his image.

Meeting an ally
Windranger - Oh! Lyralei my dear! How are you?
Windranger - Come, student. We have much work to do
Omniknight - Omniscience? This was your hero? He doesn't look like much.
Omniknight - Omniscience, if you're listening, impress me.
Invoker - Carl...You interest me.
Zeus - How's mortality working out for you?
Zeus - Hahahaha! That beard looks hilarious.
Zeus - No killstealing, ok?

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
Steam: TTT.Pixelmancer
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » June 21, 2014 4:53am | Report
I have problems with the "R" ability. The damage per second needs to be nerfed. When this ability is fully leveled, it will do 150 damage per second over 7 seconds globally. This is 1050 damage to all enemy heroes, not to mention the 420 to creeps and the global slow. I would seriously consider taking this one down a notch.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » June 21, 2014 5:18am | Report
kkoopman3 wrote:

I have problems with the "R" ability. The damage per second needs to be nerfed. When this ability is fully leveled, it will do 150 damage per second over 7 seconds globally. This is 1050 damage to all enemy heroes, not to mention the 420 to creeps and the global slow. I would seriously consider taking this one down a notch.

The thing is well.... it's just the flat base dps (150*7), what I think is crazy is that it has additional damage that keeps adding up, and that is 60 damage per second = 60+120+180+240+300+360+420, which equals to 1680+1050 = 2730 damage GLOBALLY, with 50% ****ing slow and deals 1365 damage to all creeps. Guess what? Free 3000 gold per spell :D

Oh and it's not all, his first skill deals 600 FLAT damage + (40+80+120+160+200+240) = 600 + 840 = 1440 ARE YOU KIDDING ME? It's stronger than Finger of Death cmbbined with Laguna Blade at level 7! Oh, not to mention it's AOE!

Look, I really, really don't want to be rude, but this has been kind of a trend lately: "I want to create a hero! Oh, this concept is interesting, let's just make it as I please!!". I am really happy of the enthusiast about hero making, but please... do think about what you make.
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » June 21, 2014 5:18am | Report
kkoopman3 wrote:

You forgot the slow, but yeah I was planning on taking it down a bit/ a lot

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » June 21, 2014 7:01am | Report
Yzreel wrote:

The thing is well.... it's just the flat base dps (150*7), what I think is crazy is that it has additional damage that keeps adding up, and that is 60 damage per second = 60+120+180+240+300+360+420, which equals to 1680+1050 = 2730 damage GLOBALLY, with 50% ****ing slow and deals 1365 damage to all creeps. Guess what? Free 3000 gold per spell :D

Oh and it's not all, his first skill deals 600 FLAT damage + (40+80+120+160+200+240) = 600 + 840 = 1440 ARE YOU KIDDING ME? It's stronger than Finger of Death cmbbined with Laguna Blade at level 7! Oh, not to mention it's AOE!

Look, I really, really don't want to be rude, but this has been kind of a trend lately: "I want to create a hero! Oh, this concept is interesting, let's just make it as I please!!". I am really happy of the enthusiast about hero making, but please... do think about what you make.

I agree that this was a horrible, OP idea, but I ha to do SOMETHING to change the lull in comments and new heroes.

Also, I am slightly upset you have that opinion of me, Yz. You know I don't do that on purpose. :L

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » June 21, 2014 7:18am | Report
Yzreel wrote:

Also I gave all of his abilities an overhaul. Are you pleased with the changes?

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » June 21, 2014 7:31am | Report
Interesting idea! I have a couple of questions:

You say the W is channelled. For how long?
Does the evasion from the R stack? (I hope not, or else it's a Windrun and Blur for everyone, not to mention global damage and less manacost that his E.
His W gives global true sight? That's like Zeus ulti, and it's not even ulti!

My suggestions are as follows;

Higher manacost (400) for R?
Less evasion (30%, do not stack) for R?
Basic vision for Revelation, only true sight when within 500 radius from an allied hero.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » June 21, 2014 7:35am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Interesting idea! I have a couple of questions:

You say the W is channelled. For how long?
Does the evasion from the R stack? (I hope not, or else it's a Windrun and Blur for everyone, not to mention global damage and less manacost that his E.
His W gives global true sight? That's like Zeus ulti, and it's not even ulti!

My suggestions are as follows;

Higher manacost (400) for R?
Less evasion (30%, do not stack) for R?
Basic vision for Revelation, only true sight when within 500 radius from an allied hero.

Fair enough. But no the evasion does not stack. Hell, if it stacked, Phantom assassin would be unkillable for the duration.

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » June 21, 2014 7:59am | Report
Yeah, I'm sorry, I acted on impulse and it wasn't even intended to you. It's just that I've been seeing a lot of nonsensical hero ideas that really goes beyond the chart of gamebreaking, and I don't want to comment at all so that no one will get discouraged. However, as I see this one it just sort of build up and well, you get the idea.

Look, I didn't intend to attack your idea personally, since I actually know you and you're doing your best. It was wrong of me to behave that way, and I'm sorry.

Your idea just now was actually interesting and I wouldn't go so far as saying it is horrible (I love the first skill idea of being a tornado of the wildkin's power, the thing is that you should at least reduce the damage). This time I'll be sure to give some constructive feedback rather than *****ing around:

First off: The third skill is the one skill that seems rather normal (sort of similar to Sun Strike), and I find it interesting to use. However, if I were you I would change the mana scaling so that it is more efficient to 130/140/150/160 or somewhere along the line. I would also do the same to the cooldown (probably a fixed 25 seconds?). And I would probably change it to a kind of attack similar to Sacred Arrow instead

Secondly: Escapist is an interesting skill, but seeing as his role, he is supposed to be sort of a support/nuker and that way, I think the Vortex is a much better option. I suggest making it having a pretty long cast range (600 or something) and rework the duration (the damage can stay), probably make it a fix 4 seconds for all level as well as make the slow viable early on (probably to 20/25/30/35% slow)

Third: Revelation is very interesting skill, seeing as how valuable this skill is. I don't have any complain, and some suggestion is probably about making the cooldown change drastic because I don't think 3 seconds different of sight will affect that much (especially with 30 mana increase per level) so how about 90/70/50/30 seconds cool down?

Finally: The current ulti is interesting (is it by some chance skyrim inspired? :p). However, I don't think it is the best to make his ulti some sort of initiation/escape skill like Stampede, why don't make it a lockdown skill instead? Considering how he doesn't really have any disable (except mini-stun), I would say a skillshot disable that has global range is interesting (like Sun Strike) Say, the name is your old ult of Unstable Hurricane that is summoned after 3 seconds probably and covers a mediocre area (400?) with global cast range, that locks down enemies within area while dealing DoT? This way, he is a unique hero that can potentially breaks down initiation or save allies from far away. I would suggest 4 seconds slow of 60/80/100% to both move and attack speed that deals 50/75/100 pure damage per second. Probably with 120 seconds fixed cooldown and 275/350/425 mana cost

I'm really sorry for upsetting you, please understand that it is not in my intention to offend you personally and it is wholly my fault. According my suggestions, it is merely a suggestion and I don't intend to force you to adopt what I thought, but it is merely suggestions that I think might help you (either directly or not)
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » June 21, 2014 8:37am | Report
Yzreel wrote:

Yeah, I'm sorry, I acted on impulse and it wasn't even intended to you. It's just that I've been seeing a lot of nonsensical hero ideas that really goes beyond the chart of gamebreaking, and I don't want to comment at all so that no one will get discouraged. However, as I see this one it just sort of build up and well, you get the idea.

Look, I didn't intend to attack your idea personally, since I actually know you and you're doing your best. It was wrong of me to behave that way, and I'm sorry.

Your idea just now was actually interesting and I wouldn't go so far as saying it is horrible (I love the first skill idea of being a tornado of the wildkin's power, the thing is that you should at least reduce the damage). This time I'll be sure to give some constructive feedback rather than *****ing around:

First off: The third skill is the one skill that seems rather normal (sort of similar to Sun Strike), and I find it interesting to use. However, if I were you I would change the mana scaling so that it is more efficient to 130/140/150/160 or somewhere along the line. I would also do the same to the cooldown (probably a fixed 25 seconds?). And I would probably change it to a kind of attack similar to Sacred Arrow instead

Secondly: Escapist is an interesting skill, but seeing as his role, he is supposed to be sort of a support/nuker and that way, I think the Vortex is a much better option. I suggest making it having a pretty long cast range (600 or something) and rework the duration (the damage can stay), probably make it a fix 4 seconds for all level as well as make the slow viable early on (probably to 20/25/30/35% slow)

Third: Revelation is very interesting skill, seeing as how valuable this skill is. I don't have any complain, and some suggestion is probably about making the cooldown change drastic because I don't think 3 seconds different of sight will affect that much (especially with 30 mana increase per level) so how about 90/70/50/30 seconds cool down?

Finally: The current ulti is interesting (is it by some chance skyrim inspired? :p). However, I don't think it is the best to make his ulti some sort of initiation/escape skill like Stampede, why don't make it a lockdown skill instead? Considering how he doesn't really have any disable (except mini-stun), I would say a skillshot disable that has global range is interesting (like Sun Strike) Say, the name is your old ult of Unstable Hurricane that is summoned after 3 seconds probably and covers a mediocre area (400?) with global cast range, that locks down enemies within area while dealing DoT? This way, he is a unique hero that can potentially breaks down initiation or save allies from far away. I would suggest 4 seconds slow of 60/80/100% to both move and attack speed that deals 50/75/100 pure damage per second. Probably with 120 seconds fixed cooldown and 275/350/425 mana cost

I'm really sorry for upsetting you, please understand that it is not in my intention to offend you personally and it is wholly my fault. According my suggestions, it is merely a suggestion and I don't intend to force you to adopt what I thought, but it is merely suggestions that I think might help you (either directly or not)

No offence taken.

Now, I had wanted to change the ulti (again) anyway, and Whirlwind sprint (Skyrim :P) was almost a placeholder. Not only is this ulti great for initiating, but put it on a sand king before he initiates and.......Oh.....Oh god o_O.

The Sun Strike has been changed to a Sacred Arrow-like ability, without the scaling stun.
I will think of what I want to do with the Q ability. At the moment, I got nothing. Vortex is all well and good (kinda copied from SMITE, btw :P) but I want something that fits the long range/global role of this hero.

Ty for the suggestions.

Edit: Oh god I just got an idea. This will be fun.

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved