Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Nyam, Empyreal Messenger

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Nyam, Empyreal Messenger 11 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ahmazzan » July 3, 2013 9:31am | Report
Hey neurotoxin,

I know that in reality if he ever made it into the game there would be a tonne of chopping and changing and I'm fine with that, but its not like I'm short of time so, if I can have a little fun fleshing out his lore and background whilst I am at it then so much the better! :)

Also to a degree, I think the casual reader will be more inclined to carry on reading if the hero is distinct and catches the imagination as well as possessing good abilities; and whilst its the wall of stats or as you put it: how well you sell his usefulness and abilities that will get him in the game, if a group of people have picked up the idea and said: "I like the sound of this guy, I like his abilities, I like his feel and I want to see him in the game." then that is also a big help.

I understand and basically agree completely with what you are saying - for it to be considered it has to be role/impact on the game rather than lore/feeling, and to that end I think you've prompted me to add a brief explanation at the start. That being said, I add/tweak his lore and responses because I have fun making them, and I think it adds to the character!

Thanks for the feedback!

Ahmazzan

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved