Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New abilities ideas. Please comment

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » New abilities ideas. Please comment 16 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » February 6, 2014 6:55am | Report
Can we not hijack someone's thread?

@OP Your skills are quite bland, especially the blind.

From your piercing sight, I could make a much better passive that is not so boring to have :

Whispersense(idk, random name)

X hears the enemies aproaching, hearing their footsteps.Detected units in the fog will be shown on the minimap.Note : Works only for X.

Level 1: 500 range around the user.
Level 2: 600 range around the user.
Level 3: 700 range around the user.
Level 4: 800 range around the user.

Notes : Does not work on invisible units.

Seems better, and it also has a theme, maybe a hero that has a "sound" theme.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » February 6, 2014 7:31am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Can we not hijack someone's thread?

@OP Your skills are quite bland, especially the blind.

From your piercing sight, I could make a much better passive that is not so boring to have :

Whispersense(idk, random name)

X hears the enemies aproaching, hearing their footsteps.Detected units in the fog will be shown on the minimap.Note : Works only for X.

Level 1: 500 range around the user.
Level 2: 600 range around the user.
Level 3: 700 range around the user.
Level 4: 800 range around the user.

Notes : Does not work on invisible units.

Seems better, and it also has a theme, maybe a hero that has a "sound" theme.

Counter to Silencer, perhaps. Maybe they can both be rivals :D

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MasterMinddd » February 6, 2014 7:59pm | Report
For the blind, imagine unable to see anything while attacked by the enemy, can't target them with stun because you can't see them, along with being slowed terriblely. THEN YOU DIE A HORRIFIC DEATH.
Good sirs, do check out my supreme New Abilities forum if you are in need of finding ideas to use for your creations! FREE FOR ALL

MasterMinddd

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » February 6, 2014 9:27pm | Report
so boring

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » February 7, 2014 3:26am | Report
MasterMinddd wrote:

For the blind, imagine unable to see anything while attacked by the enemy, can't target them with stun because you can't see them, along with being slowed terriblely. THEN YOU DIE A HORRIFIC DEATH.

Yes, I can imagine the horror of my monitor breaking, and to be honest, I don't see this kind of ability being any more fun.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MasterMinddd » February 12, 2014 12:26pm | Report
If anyone that is creating a Hero and have trouble making up an ability, you can always post it here and I will do all I can do to help!
Good sirs, do check out my supreme New Abilities forum if you are in need of finding ideas to use for your creations! FREE FOR ALL

MasterMinddd

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved