Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

More Uses for Shadow Amulet

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » More Uses for Shadow Amulet 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Tyerker » September 23, 2013 9:35am | Report
Shadow Amulet only builds into one item.

I propose to change that by creating recipes for other items that don't build into enough (in my eyes)

Shadow Amulet + Oblivion Staff = Scepter of Shadows
+ 10 Intelligence
+ 15 Attack Speed
+ 15 Damage
+ 100% Mana Regenration
Active: Shadow Channel
Your hero goes invisible. Your character cannot move. Your character cannot attack. Every 5 seconds of Shadow Channel grants your hero one charge, up to a maximum of 6. Each charge gives the first ability you cast out of Shadow Channel +20% Damage / Heal / Time of Effect. This ability will cost 150 extra Mana to cast. This ability does not stack with Aghanim's Scepter.

I don't know if this would be balanced, overpowered, or underpowered. It seems like it would be more or less fair to boost Abilities while increasing mana cost. Plus you can't spam it by having to wait to build up charges to make it worth it. I also feel like saying it can't stack with Agh's prevents a Zeus from breaking the game.

Thoughts? Other ideas for Shadow Amulet?

Tyerker

Notable (2)
Steam: Tyerker
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » September 24, 2013 3:38am | Report
I believe you should specify the fade time.

Boosting spell power is too much LoL-ish for dota, and this would be very much contradicting with how the game works, not to mention it could be OP anyway. I mean it's BASICALLY a refresher for Zeus, except it's better because it just deals 220% of the damage.

On the other hand, it would just be stupid on most heroes. The charging system is really bad this way, which would make it completely OP on some heroes, while being absolutely useless on other, with no heroes in between.

It would be nice if it could work like shadow blade, but when you break the invisibility with an attack you could lower the magic resistance of the hero you attacked. It would have a much more balanced, useful and dota-fitting effect then IMO.

Shadow Amulet does needs more upgrades.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Tyerker » September 24, 2013 7:33am | Report
Perhaps a combination of stun / magic resistance / maybe even mana burn would make more sense.

I didn't really think of the seemingly useless nature it would have on a lot of heroes. And it would be super OP on Spirit Breaker, too.

Tyerker

Notable (2)
Steam: Tyerker
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kazza » September 24, 2013 1:58pm | Report
I have to agree with the others, the ideaof dmg increasing charges seems totally broken. 6 charges = 120% dmg. Think about it. example: pudge hook, 360 + 360 * 1.2 = 720 + 72 = 792 true/pure damage!!! And all global ults would be completly broken, chen ult would heal for over 1k XD

kazza

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by T1mmay » September 24, 2013 2:56pm | Report
Is the 20% increases compounded, so 2 charges would only be 36%, 3 charges is 49% etc.?
Still op, just less op :p
Just think of Mirana's arrow, arrow in the face=11 second stun if you just add them, a stun around 9 seconds is much more reasonable :p

T1mmay

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by neurotoxin » November 7, 2013 11:03pm | Report
here's my idea, base on things i need for guy like Sniper
Shadow Amulet + Hyperstone = Amulet of ********..eh i mean Sonic Shadow.
Active will give u invisible even when attacking or use spell for a short duration,
CD: 25 MP: It's FREEE! no it isnt, cost of 100MP or so. Duration : 5s

neurotoxin

Steam: (_ИєυяσтσχiИ¯)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » November 9, 2013 5:18am | Report
Shadow amulet + mystic staff.

Has an active like E-blade. If hit on an enemy, makes him invisible... For himself...... Yea......

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved