Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Merialeth, the Cavalry Rider

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Merialeth, the Cavalry Rider 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » June 10, 2015 9:46pm | Report

Merialeth, the Cavalry Rider

(No lore for this one, I'm garbage at writing it)

It's been awhile since I made a hero idea, I've been writing a few that I hope to upload soon, sorry for the lack of lore, but I genuinely think it'd be better without, since my lore is very bad.

Health: 568
Mana: 208
Strength: 22 | Gain: 2.8 Primary Attribute
Agility: 18 | Gain: 2.2
Intelligence: 16 | Gain: 1.5
Movement Speed: 310
Armour: 0 (+2 from base agi)

Q:

Mount Up

(Target Area) Cast range same as max range. Cast Time: Instant

Merialeth mounts her trusty steed, charging to the target location, damaging and stunning all enemies at the charge point. After Merialeth has reached the target location, she will remain mounted for a duration, gaining bonus damage, attack range, and movement speed, as well as a boost to her abilities. Enemies caught in the path of the charge will not be stunned, but slowed by 15% and recieve half damage.
Charge will destroy trees, can move over impassable terrain such as cliifs or Fissure.

Damage: 100/125/150/175
Max Distance Traveled: 1100
Travel Speed: 900
End Radius: 300
Width of Charge: 200
Stun Duration: 1.25

Mounted:

Attack Damage Bonus: 20/25/30/35
Attack Range Bonus: 100
Movement Speed Bonus: 35
Mounted Bonus Armour: 7
Mounted Duration: 8

Cooldown: 15 Manacost: 130

W: Shatter

(No Target) Cast Time: 0.1

Merialeth shatters the terrain around her, slowing all enemies nearby. If mounted, shatter will also deal damage.

Slow: 20/25/30/35%
Attack Speed Slow: 20/25/30/35
Slow Duration: 3
Mounted Damage: 150/175/200/225
AoE: 350

Cooldown: 6 Manacost: 75

E: Domination

(Passive)

Each time the Cavalry Rider gets struck by any source of damage (from a hero), she gains bonus attack damage, for a duration. Stacks are refreshed and added up each time damage is taken. Whilst mounted, will gain attack speed per damage source as well.

Attack Damage: 2/3/4/5
Attack Speed: 4/6/8/10
Stack Limit: 20
Duration: 10 (refreshed every time damage is taken)

R: Oblivion Blade

(No Target) Cast Time: 0.2

Merialeth powers up her powerful blade, dealing bonus damage for a duration. Once the duration is over, the blade will power down, erupting in a burst of energy, dealing damage in an area around Merialeth, depending on the damage she dealt in the duration. Whilst mounted, damage dealt is increased. Damage burst takes damage from all sources, including spells, and autoattacks.

Bonus Attack Damage: 50/60/70
Damage Burst: 100% (150% while mounted)
Damage Burst AoE: 500
Duration until burst: 5 (can be canceled anytime to burst sooner, but bonus damage will be lost.

Cooldown: 70/50/40 Mana: 175

Please tell me any imbalances of this hero, I'd love to change stuff. The idea of the hero is to be a tanky intiator who loves getting damaged, but can dish out a huge amount of damage at the same time. To synergise with the skills of the hero, items that give armour and health are great, since it allows you to tank more damage, and therefore sustain the increase from your passive, and for dealing damage with Oblivion Blade. Items like blademail are not recommended, since you want people to attacking you. You also benefit from attack speed, since your damage mainly comes from your abilities. Therefore, an item like Assault Cuirass gives you a lot that you need.

Thank you for reading!

Bunkansee_/*

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by IgnoranceIsBliss » June 11, 2015 2:42pm | Report
Since no one still commented on this one, ill be the first to :)
Spells are very good they sync well with one another, just a few suggestions:

Mount Up - very well done, low damage for the charge but that is balanced by the fact that it gives you a very strong steriod. buff damage a little bit like : 150/175/200/225 or what ever you want.

Shatter - Very good spell, i like that it is enhanced by mount up by giving it damage, i can see the Mount Up > Shatter combo, btw what is the AoE of the spell??

Domination - very good, just give it a maximum stack amount, so it cant be too op against let's say Alchemist, or Troll Warlord or heck even Venomancer. btw stack duration is missing.

Oblivion blade - very well done spell, but what is the duration?? and what is the AoE of the burst?? but i also noticed that the growth damage is very low, just +5 damage per level? not to good but its balanced since of the cooldown reduction, buff the damage too like: 50/60/70 or what you can think of..
plus Aghanim's Scepter idea gives more damage: 60/70/80 your attacks now minuses armor per attack and is doubled when mounted like 1/2/3 per attack.

now she is a tank/semi-carry(core) hero that has the ability to punish enemies who dont build hp items and not shutting her down early is big problem later-on ;)

regards,
IgnoranceIsBliss
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you can solve your problems, then what is the need of worrying?
If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?

Hero Ideas:
Daemon, The Headhunter
Nuegar, Mercenary of the Ruins
Dues, The Elemental Magus
Zermunt, The Plague Doctor
Alphyria, The Lady of the Skies

IgnoranceIsBliss

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » June 11, 2015 8:04pm | Report
It should be
HP: 568 ( Base Str*19 + 150 )
MP: 208 ( Base Int*13 )

Q: What is the stun duration? Does it ignores pathing?

W: Good AoE slow, but I think maybe 75 Manacost or just 50? 100 seems to be to high for a STR hero. AoE is missing.

E: Good concept but you forgot to add stack duration and max stack number :P

R: The damage burst is based on attack damage? If so then I suggest add it up.

Overall: I wonder if this is a draft, because a lot of informations are missing. Good hero concept but I suggest you to add a {D} slot passive, which increases tankiness while mounted.
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » June 11, 2015 8:29pm | Report
Sorry guys, I typed this up after I wrote it down on my writing pad, and missed out so many details, I obviously was totally not with it. Thank you for the suggestions and comments. All details have been added, as well as some changes to mana costs and stuff.

Ignoranceisbliss:
Oblivion blade - very well done spell, but what is the duration?? and what is the AoE of the burst?? but i also noticed that the growth damage is very low, just +5 damage per level? not to good but its balanced since of the cooldown reduction, buff the damage too like: 50/60/70 or what you can think of..
plus Aghanim's Scepter idea gives more damage: 60/70/80 your attacks now minuses armor per attack and is doubled when mounted like 1/2/3 per attack.

I increased bonus damage a little. I may implement an aghanims upgrade later at some point, but I like your idea. Thanks for the comment. All the details have been added now, sorry that I missed those out :p

MrLocket:
Overall: I wonder if this is a draft, because a lot of informations are missing. Good hero concept but I suggest you to add a {D} slot passive, which increases tankiness while mounted.

Again, I'm sorry I missed out the info, completely screwed up in that regard. It was all written down but I forgot to type it haha.

I think I'll add bonus armour when mounted, so you are a bit tankier. Thanks for the input. Also reduced mana cost for Shatter.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved