Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Medusa has NO future metagame

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Medusa has NO future metagame 2 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by parssabr » July 27, 2016 9:57pm | Report
In ancient time, Medusa was broken as the best late gamer in the game. There were few counters to physical DPS then, and buyback had no cooldown. For that reason, Medusa's late game was uncontested, which covered up her poor early-mid. But now, Medusa's late game was no longer uncontested, not even good. Not good late game combined with terrible early-mid game makes her powerless, which is reflected in her few appearence in the Manila Major where her performance was mediocre.

Medusa has bad late game -- in fact every hero has bad late game, because she is easily countered. Not only is she ruined by heroes such as Nyx, Antimage, Lion, Invoker, but also can every opponent of her buy items to destroy her. Split Shot is terrible at burst damage, so when her opponents have Crimson, Shiva, Offering or Cuirass, she can hardly scratch anyone. Diffusal has been buffed and buffed, and enemy carry can burn away all her mana with mere 3300 gold. Heaven's Halverd, Eul's Scepter and Invoker's spells make Medusa unable to attack, so that she is no more than food out of BKB duration, and even in BKB duration we have the big basher. Moreover, carries other than Medusa have been buffed, and Medusa can no longer boast about late game adventage, instead it's extremely easy to contest Medusa's lategame.

Without uncontested late game power, Medusa's terrible early-mid is exposed. She has good laning though, but her biggest weakness is her poor offensive power -- even Dazzle is better offensively. Until she has Rapier, Split Shot combined with Mystic Snake is too weak to scratch anyone. In the defensive sence, Medusa is quite good at saving her own life, but Stone Gaze does poorly in saving her teammates against a competent player, and when her teammates are dead, she's dead anyway. The point is, is there any reason to pick a hero both terrible offensively and defensively till 30 minites?

SUGGESTION Aghanim's Scepter !

Damage per Arrow: Reduction 80%
(Can be Improved by Aghanim's Scepter. Damage per Arrow: Reduction 0%
Attack Speed Bonus: 120
Remove debuffs, apply effects to all Arrow 5, attack modifier: Daedalus, Desolator, Diffusal Blade, Sange and Yasha, Heaven's Halberd of passive skills items

REMAKE: Stone Gaze
how many times the Stone Gaze useless broken, simple you look back
If 2 seconds that unit will turn to stone, looking at Medusa. Reduction 1,3 seconds.
easy to avoid, 2 seconds comes to be useless, Stone Gaze reason of slow reduced from 50 to 35%

Split Shot: Damage: 80% difficult farming Medusa depends items

improve farming early game
I feel he will never outclass juggernaut/ Anti-Mage as a ricing carry so why not just remake, polishing metagame him.. Yes could buff his number to Agility values, deficiency farming early game

base Agility to 20 and growth to 2.5 increase to 22 + 2.8

worst patches, update:
6,68 Movement speed decreased from 300 to 290, You have no escape, improved to 305

6.87 Stone Gaze slow reduced from 50 to 35%
Good !
6.61 Lowered Stone Gaze cooldown (70→35 seconds)

parssabr

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » July 28, 2016 12:52am | Report
I think you're a bit harsh on Dusa - her early/mid game is not necessarily bad, she just has some distinct peaks and lows along the way. Yes, mana burn is a major problem for her as it just causes so, so much more damage to her Mana Shield than pretty much any other kind of attack.

She's never been a particularly bursty hero, her strength is her farming speed allied with the ability to tank like crazy while dishing out damage to multiple targets in the middle of a fight.

Mystic Snake is brilliant against particular opponents, especially cocky mid- Invoker players who are used to bossing their lane. I pity the Lion or Nyx who want to sit there draining my mana. Anti-Mage is a truly scary counter however, as are natural Diffusal Blade carriers like Phantom Lancer once they get big enough.

I've no problem with giving her an Aghs, she's a stats heavy carry anyway. Something that reduces the impact of Mana burn maybe?
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved