Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Livicus the Ambassador

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Livicus the Ambassador 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » August 14, 2014 8:36am | Report

Livicus The Ambassador

Okay, we are now here in the sixth hero in my spawnfest! This might be my last idea posted in spawnfest because I run out of good ideas already (still have some not-so-good ones actually, like this one). What do you guys think? If you guys want me to continue my spawnfest I still have around 4-5 heroes to post. Otherwise I'll post like I normally do (around once per 2 weeks?)

Anyway, this hero has been an old idea of mine that I neglect to post because there's been some Ambassador hero ideas (albeit none the same), and mostly revolves around lane-support skills to prevent carry's death by any means. In teamfight, his ultimate is insanely good if used with proper timing because it can make enemies accidentally kill their teammates and the stuff, so... enjoy!

Lore

When a war rage, what is the strongest power? That is the question that every powerful man has been asking since time immemorial. Some suggest that it is physical strength; some says that it is excellent strategy and some insist that it is the power of magic or technology. However, when the Great War comes, a man stood above the rest, winning victory over victories with his seemingly infinite allies. That man's name was Livicus.

A high elf by born, he has always had a gift in speech craft and persuasion. When he grew older and wiser, he decided to pursue a rank in politic, in which he climbed to the highest ranks in no time. However, as enemies' troops obliterated his own village, his heart burned in rage and at the same time... pity. It is a strange mixture of emotion, and is inexplicable why he would feel pity, but it triggers something that makes him lower his rank and decided to become an Ambassador instead. Now, willingly he charges into war, trying to make peace as he go and supplies his allies with steady reinforcements. When the time comes, he understands the pity he had, as it was pitiful to not be ally of the Ambassador.

Statistics

Faction: The Radiant
Primary Attribute: Strength
Attack Type: Range
Roles: Lane Support, Durable, Disabler

Str: 90 at 25 (23 + 2.8/level)
Agi: at 60 (17+ 1.8/level)
Int: 70 at 25 (22 + 2.0/level)

Health: 1860 at 25
MP: 910 at 25
Armor: 12.6 (4.0 base armor + 8.6) at 25
Movement: 300
Range: 450 (Range)

Skills

[Q] Ceasefire: Livicus' overwhelming charisma forces every single person around him to come under his ideology. This skill disables and mute every unit (including himself) in an area around him, while increasing allied movement speed and lowering enemies' movement speed. The ceasefire radius will stay in that place (there will be visual effect), and any unit that steps in the radius will also be disabled and muted, while any unit that steps out the radius will be freed from the effect.

- 450 radius, 3 seconds duration, 20% move speed
- 500 radius, 4 seconds duration, 25% move speed
- 550 radius, 5 seconds duration, 30% move speed
- 600 radius, 6 seconds duration, 35% move speed

Type: No Target
Affect: All Units

Mana Cost: 110
Cooldown: 15/14/13/12 seconds

Nobody can ever say no to a ceasefire proposed by Livicus

[W] Embargo: The ambassador's authority trespass the boundaries of diplomatic level, and is even able to cut a unit entirely loose from the needed life force their body needs. This skill inflicts a unit with a debuff that continually deal HP and MP damage over 15 seconds while increasing any cost of the skills they have by an amount of MP. The duration does not count down for 2 seconds every time Livicus or units with United Front buff attack the afflicted enemy.

- 6 HP damage, 3 MP damage and 15 extra MP
- 9 HP damage, 6 MP damage and 30 extra MP
- 12 HP damage, 9 MP damage and 45 extra MP
- 15 HP damage, 12 MP damage and 60 extra MP

Type: Target Unit
Affect: Enemy Heroes
Damage: Magical

MP Cost: 100
Cooldown: 20 seconds

If the Ambassador wishes it, even nature stops supplying for his enemies.

[E] United Front: As the Ambassador, it is essential for Livicus to be able to make allies wherever he is, and use them appropriately. When used, this skill selects every single allied hero within 450 points radius to receive United Front buff and gives them bonus HP regen and damage reduction based on number of units with United Front buff. Livicus gets bonus effect for Ceasefire and Embargo based on number of heroes currently having United Front buff. Ceasefire affects higher amount of movement speed while Embargo deals more HP and MP damage if there is a hero with United Front buff within 350 radius from the targeted hero. United Front buff will disappear if units with this buff move 600 points radius away from him.

- 5 HP regen and 4% damage/hero, 5% move speed, 2 HP and MP
- 6 HP regen and 5% damage/hero, 8% move speed, 3 HP and MP
- 7 HP regen and 6% damage/hero, 12% move speed, 4 HP and MP
- 8 HP regen and 7% damage/hero, 15% move speed, 5 HP and MP

Affect: Allied Heroes

MP Cost: 120/110/100/90
Cool Down: 30/25/20/15 seconds
Duration: 20 seconds

Joining front with the Ambassador is the best choice one can make

[R] Propaganda: The Ambassador's influence is so strong that he can force his own idea into his enemies' unconscious mind. This skill manipulates every enemy hero in the radius to be hostile to every unit and if a unit receives Embargo effect, the same debuff will also be applied to everyone under this skill's effect. If the debuff is applied under Ceasefire effect, the duration counts down after each unit goes out of Ceasefire radius and in that case, deals damage to each of the unit (counted each and differently). The duration of this skill increases for each hero that currently has United Front buff. This skill's debuff will be applied 3 seconds after the units are initially inflicted, no visual animation or pointer will be shown to the enemies until the debuff is applied. This skill has no animation visible to enemies unit, but has visible cast time.

- 6 seconds duration, 200 damage
- 8 seconds duration, 300 damage
- 10 seconds duration, 400 damage

Affects: Enemy heroes
Damage Type: Magical

Radius: 600/800/1000
Cast time: 1.6/1.2/0.8 seconds
Cooldown: 180 seconds
MP Cost: 320
Duration increase: 2 seconds/hero

The strongest weapon in war is propaganda.
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 14, 2014 8:42am | Report
Maybe you should explain E and R to me. I really have trouble understanding what you're trying to say. :(

Sounds ok... Is Q like a Smoke Screen but a mute?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » August 14, 2014 9:17am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Maybe you should explain E and R to me. I really have trouble understanding what you're trying to say. :(

Sounds ok... Is Q like a Smoke Screen but a mute?

Well, E basically acts as a buff that increases in effect according to the number of heroes that currently have the buff (pretty similar to how Thirst increases in effect according to number of heroes), while the R basically "removes" the affiliation of enemies (that whoever is given the debuff will be treated as enemies by their allied units, and thus all damage from AoE skill will damage them and point skill can target them, even if casted by their allies)

Yes, I think I can say so, but it affects both party and works very differently
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 14, 2014 11:05am | Report
Oh... so the ulti is like Winter's Curse?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » August 17, 2014 7:02pm | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Oh... so the ulti is like Winter's Curse?

Sorry for the late reply, and yes, it is quite similar in the aspect of hostility (meaning that all units CAN attack the afflicted units). However, it is very different because Winter's Curse FORCES other units to attack the targeted unit because Propaganda only makes all units afflicted lose their affiliation but doesn't force any unit to attack (will act the same as they normally see hostile unit)

Simulation a: In a teamfight, all of the enemies are hit with Propaganda, nobody realizes and enemy Enigma casted Black Hole, all of his allied are then sucked to oblivion and dies.

Simulation b: In a teamfight, all of the enemies are hit with Propaganda, but everybody realizes and they spend their time only hitting your allies with right click (none having Maelstrom or Battle Fury, thus no damage is taken by the enemies because of Propaganda.

It's quite hard to explain and this is as good as I can, sorry :(
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 17, 2014 9:02pm | Report
oh.... So like the people who are affected by propaganda are neutrals. You can choose to hit them, you can choose not to hit them, and like neutrals, AOE damage hits them from both sides, same with things like Split Shot, and Concussive Shot.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » August 17, 2014 9:16pm | Report
Exactly! I should have explained it like that from the first time lol
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » August 17, 2014 11:58pm | Report
Sorry for not commenting on your ideas recently, Yzreel. I've been caught up with school stuff and I'm really stressed so I drown my sorrows by playing dota and then I continue to study :S.

Aaaaanyway, this hero looks like he has a disruptive skill set that can disable a lot of enemies, make them too weak to fight or turn them against each other (not directly, but they'll end up accidentally attacking each other). Looks good and sounds very interesting.

I'd want to write more stuff about the rest of your newer hero ideas, but I gotta go complete my assignments :(. Next time!

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » August 18, 2014 1:25am | Report
porygon361 wrote:

Sorry for not commenting on your ideas recently, Yzreel. I've been caught up with school stuff and I'm really stressed so I drown my sorrows by playing dota and then I continue to study :S.

Aaaaanyway, this hero looks like he has a disruptive skill set that can disable a lot of enemies, make them too weak to fight or turn them against each other (not directly, but they'll end up accidentally attacking each other). Looks good and sounds very interesting.

I'd want to write more stuff about the rest of your newer hero ideas, but I gotta go complete my assignments :(. Next time!

No problem Pory, it's all right :)
I know how hard it can be with school stuff, don't let it get to you!

Yep, it's meant to be able to disrupt laning phase or teamfight (albeit not really strong by himself and most probably unable to solo kill, similar to Io). Thanks!

Good luck with your assignments, gonna be waiting for your feedbacks! :D
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved