Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Leragas the Revivified

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Leragas the Revivified 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » August 17, 2014 7:16pm | Report

Leragas the Revivified

Anyone remember Leragas the Vile? He was the original shopkeeper in Dota 1, and seems to be completely unrelated with the present shopkeeper. I was curious with it and after I read "are we heroes yet?" comic I discovered how the original shopkeeper was killed by Roshan and got the Aegis stolen from him. I thought that it could be interesting to create a hero about it, so here comes my seventh and last hero for my spawnfest!

Okay, this hero is rather strange because this hero is an intelligent hero, but his main role is to be a durable hero. He is meant to be played similar to Necrophos or Bristleback, mainly to loiter around in teamfight and drag attention as much as you can, meanwhile providing a lot of annoyance for enemy heroes. It is most profitable to drag the fight as long as you can (by keeping all attacks toward you) because you will have a humongous amount of HP and regen because of your unique ultimate (which is retroactive passive, rather odd I know), and spamming all your skills. One drawback for this hero is that his skills lack burst damage at all and is unlikely to be able to get solo kill, but if played properly this hero can easily turn the tide of battle.

If you want to know more, I deliberately makes all his mana cost very high to make him hard to use early on, but is redeemed with his ultimate skill that also gives extra MP. Also, his third skill is meant to get early Roshan kill (that's what you get for messing with shopkeeper, Roshan), as well as weakening enemy heroes in teamfight. This hero is meant to have items such as Rod of Atos or Bloodstone and of course Aghanim's Scepter as core items (pure HP/MP items) rather than Heart of Tarrasque.

Lore

Leragas was said to be the favored of Gods, keeping all their divine equipment to aid the heroes in their quest. As time since pass, Leragas became known as the first shopkeeper, widely regarded as the favored of Gods and thus no hero dared to plunder him for his wide arsenal. Not a single soul, no matter how mighty, cunning, stealthy or intelligent they may be, dared-or probably, succeeded- in stealing the possession of Leragas, no one except for Roshan.

Roshan was the only being to ever succeed in stealing an item from Leragas, an item called Aegis of the Immortal. This deed certainly is worthy for admiration, however, Roshan did a grave mistake-he killed Leragas in the process. The Gods grew furious upon knowing the truth, and with a loud thunderous rumble from the heaven, Roshan was cursed with immortality, destined to have what he took stolen over and over again, with excruciating pain of death every time it so happen-only to be revived again, yielding the same deja vu.

The favor of the Gods ring true, and with a break of new dawn Leragas' body was renewed, infused with magical power so strong that his soul was forced to reside in it again. Thus, Leragas the Shopkeeper was no more, and the story of Leragas the Revivified began.

Statistics

Faction: The Radiant
Primary Attribute: Intelligent
Attack Type: Melee
Roles: Durable, Disabler

Str: 92 at 25 (20 + 3.0/level)
Agi: 50 at 25 (13+ 1.4/level)
Int: 92 at 25 (25 + 2.8/level)

Health: 1898 at 25
MP: 1196 at 25
Armor: 13.5 (6.4 base armor + 7.1) at 25
Movement: 300
Range: 100 (Melee)

Skills

[Q] Forgotten Arsenal: Leragas' years as a shopkeeper has allowed his body to remember all weapons he has ever hold, and with his newfound power he can materializes them in this world to smite those who dare attack him and his allies. This skill deals low amount of damage to 400 points around him, but the damage is doubled if the afflicted units has dealt damage to Leragas or allied heroes within certain duration.

- 60 damage
- 90 damage
- 120 damage
- 150 damage

Type: No Target
Affects: Enemy units
Damage: Physical

MP cost: 90
Cool down: 6/5/4/3 seconds
Duration: 1 second

I think I should put these weapons into use

[W] Plane Quake: The mere existence of The Revivified defies the most fundamental law of the mortal world, and upon his wish he can so easily triggers a quake using this instability to the plane. Upon use, this skill stuns all enemy heroes within 400 points radius and slowing their speed afterwards.

- 2 seconds stun, 20% slow
- 2.5 seconds stun, 30% slow
- 3 seconds stun, 40% slow
- 3.5 seconds stun, 50% slow

Affects: Enemy heroes

MP cost: 150/160/170/180
Cool down: 10/9/8/7 seconds
Attack/move slow duration: 2 seconds (after stun ended)

Are there so many quakes around here, or is it just me?

[E] Debilitate: To prevent Leragas for dying again, he was given a magical power so strong that he can utterly ridicule an enemy. This skill greatly reduces armor and damage of an enemy unit, and cannot be blocked with anything, including spell immunity or block.

- 4 armor reduction, 30% base damage
- 6 armor reduction, 45% base damage
- 8 armor reduction, 60% base damage
- 10 armor reduction, 75% base damage

Type: Target Unit
Affects: Enemy units

MP cost: 100/120/140/160
Cool down: 8 seconds
Duration: 10 seconds
Cast Range: 600

Just you wait, oh the immortal one!

[] Transcendence: New body given by the Gods to Leragas transcends the limit of humanity, obtaining abnormal amount of vitality and power. This skill is a retroactive skill that passively gives Leragas bonus HP regeneration for each enemy hero killed within 400 AoE from him. Passively, this skill increases Leragas' maximum HP and MP. This skill grants double stack for Roshan.

- 300 maximum HP/MP, 1 HP regeneration/stack
- 550 maximum HP/MP, 1.5 HP regeneration/stack
- 800 maximum HP/MP, 2 HP regeneration/stack

Type: Passive
Affect: Self

Thank you for the new body, I love it!

Scepter's Upgradable: Gives an active form of Transcendence

[R] Transcendence - Active: When activated, Leragas receives double amount of HP regeneration for short amount of time, in this duration, all allied heroes within certain radius have same amount of HP regeneration as Leragas.

- 6 seconds duration
- 8 seconds duration
- 10 seconds duration

Affect: Self, Allied Heroes

MP cost: 200
Cool down: 40 seconds
Radius: 900
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » August 18, 2014 6:18am | Report
Either your ideas are confusing, or I am really stupid. (probably the latter)

So Q is like an AoE nuke which deals double damage if you get hit by someone? Seems okay, doesn't deal all that much damage considering that you need to take damage for it to be fully effective.

W is kinda like Q but a stun? So this could be chained quite nicely with the Q.

And erm... E is very strong, possibly too much so. A farmed Anti-Mage for example which is dealing 200 damage at the moment, will deal only 50 damage for 10 seconds. It lasts a very long time and 50 damage at this stage probably wouldn't kill a support hero.

R is easy to understand, he gains some HP regen with each hero death in a nearby area, are the stacks permanent? If so I feel the health regen should be halfed or something if there are heroes in a nearby radius, because for example: at this point you have won like, 3 teamfights, and you have managed to collect 30 hp regen. That is a lot of regen and if there is no way to lose it, it might be to much. The active is understandable, and seems alright but if we apply said scenario that means 60 regen for all allies for 10 seconds.

I am likely to have got a couple of things wrong but overall it seems like a good idea.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » August 18, 2014 6:41am | Report
Bunkansee wrote:

Either your ideas are confusing, or I am really stupid. (probably the latter)

So Q is like an AoE nuke which deals double damage if you get hit by someone? Seems okay, doesn't deal all that much damage considering that you need to take damage for it to be fully effective.

W is kinda like Q but a stun? So this could be chained quite nicely with the Q.

And erm... E is very strong, possibly too much so. A farmed Anti-Mage for example which is dealing 200 damage at the moment, will deal only 50 damage for 10 seconds. It lasts a very long time and 50 damage at this stage probably wouldn't kill a support hero.

R is easy to understand, he gains some HP regen with each hero death in a nearby area, are the stacks permanent? If so I feel the health regen should be halfed or something if there are heroes in a nearby radius, because for example: at this point you have won like, 3 teamfights, and you have managed to collect 30 hp regen. That is a lot of regen and if there is no way to lose it, it might be to much. The active is understandable, and seems alright but if we apply said scenario that means 60 regen for all allies for 10 seconds.

I am likely to have got a couple of things wrong but overall it seems like a good idea.

You got the Q and W correct, but for the E it seems rather mistaken. It is too strong if it cuts 75% total damage, true, but E cuts only the BASE damage. It is the kind of damage from pure stats, not counting the damage items. Say, if this Anti-Mage has 80 damage, but has bought Battle Fury which gives 65 damage and Daedalus that gives 81 damage (totaled to 226 damage), the damage reduction is not 75% * 226 which is around 170, it only reduce 75% * 80 that is a mere 60 damage. Of course, it can be very effective to heroes like Morphling, Tiny or illusion heroes that focuses on stats, but it cost too much and for only 10 seconds (compared to Enfeeble or amplify damage), especially early on to be viable.

For the ultimate it is meant to be permanent.... but it might be too much lol. However, I created this skill with Chemical Rage as a benchmark, and it gives him 100 HP regeneration, WITHOUT any need of stacking. I know that it is not comparable because the R is permanent, but we need to bear in mind that as an ultimate, it is rather weak otherwise. This way, the R requires a huge snowball to be strong (like how Legion Commander used to be OP until people understands him). Nonetheless, it seems too strong, so I'll reduce the stack AoE? Probably to 400 radius when death, this way it is much harder to take the stacks (it only increase if you actually does something).

Well, I gotta say that this hero is not that balanced, thanks Bunkan for the feedback :D

I focused more on the lore and overall concept of shopkeeper, what do you think about it?
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » August 18, 2014 9:05am | Report
Yzreel wrote:

You got the Q and W correct, but for the E it seems rather mistaken. It is too strong if it cuts 75% total damage, true, but E cuts only the BASE damage. It is the kind of damage from pure stats, not counting the damage items. Say, if this Anti-Mage has 80 damage, but has bought Battle Fury which gives 65 damage and Daedalus that gives 81 damage (totaled to 226 damage), the damage reduction is not 75% * 226 which is around 170, it only reduce 75% * 80 that is a mere 60 damage. Of course, it can be very effective to heroes like Morphling, Tiny or illusion heroes that focuses on stats, but it cost too much and for only 10 seconds (compared to Enfeeble or amplify damage), especially early on to be viable.

For the ultimate it is meant to be permanent.... but it might be too much lol. However, I created this skill with Chemical Rage as a benchmark, and it gives him 100 HP regeneration, WITHOUT any need of stacking. I know that it is not comparable because the R is permanent, but we need to bear in mind that as an ultimate, it is rather weak otherwise. This way, the R requires a huge snowball to be strong (like how Legion Commander used to be OP until people understands him). Nonetheless, it seems too strong, so I'll reduce the stack AoE? Probably to 400 radius when death, this way it is much harder to take the stacks (it only increase if you actually does something).

Well, I gotta say that this hero is not that balanced, thanks Bunkan for the feedback :D

I focused more on the lore and overall concept of shopkeeper, what do you think about it?

I think the lore is really nice, It actually makes me look at Roshan completely differently now. (:,( poor rosh) The story and overall connection of the skills is great and I think you did a good job of balancing it and whatnot. Also that badge of yours looks pretty swag.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » August 18, 2014 10:33am | Report
Bunkansee wrote:

I think the lore is really nice, It actually makes me look at Roshan completely differently now. (:,( poor rosh) The story and overall connection of the skills is great and I think you did a good job of balancing it and whatnot. Also that badge of yours looks pretty swag.

Thanks Bunkan :)
I know right? It's like dying over and over again after only 10 minutes of rest in between... well, it's his fault for messing with the shopkeeper lol. Yep, it does look reaaal good on me, it will look much better if my name is in orange like you though :p
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 18, 2014 10:52am | Report
Yzreel wrote:

Thanks Bunkan :)
I know right? It's like dying over and over again after only 10 minutes of rest in between... well, it's his fault for messing with the shopkeeper lol. Yep, it does look reaaal good on me, it will look much better if my name is in orange like you though :p

No wonder Rosh is on the Dire side... Makes sense now. About the hero itself, I can't say anything, I'm too cunfuzzled.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » August 19, 2014 6:07am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

No wonder Rosh is on the Dire side... Makes sense now. About the hero itself, I can't say anything, I'm too cunfuzzled.

I don't quite get why that explains about Rosh being in dire side @_@
What is it that you're confused of? I think I make this hero quite simple to be honest lol
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved