Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ktoxl, the Sunborn

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Ktoxl, the Sunborn 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » August 7, 2016 8:29am | Report
So I was keeping this for FoC but figured I might as well just post it up:

Lore

Stats:

Melee Strength Hero
Movement: 300

BAT: 1.8
Base Armour: 2
Magic Resistance: 10%

Strength: 18 + 2.5
Agility: 20 + 2
Intelligence: 16 + 1.2

Skills:

Prism:

Concentrating the suns rays within his body, Ktoxl unleashes them at all nearby enemy units. Each enemy is hit with an individual beam, taking damage and temporarily blinding them.

Mana: 100/110/120/130
Daytime Damage: 50/100/150/200 (Pure)
NightTime Damage: 25/50/75/100 (Pure)
Day Blind Duration: 2.5 seconds
Night Blind Duration: 5 seconds
AOE: 350 around Ktoxl
CD: 26/24/22/20

Neither the damage or blind can pierce spell immunity. The blind effect can be purged or removed by spell immunity.

Molten Fists:

Ktoxl's fists glow with the heat of the sun's molten core. During the day, his punches can sheer straight through armour and cause crippling pain to his opponents. During the night, they may lack the concentrated heat to power them, but the blinding brilliance causes enemies to be distracted and disorientated.

Mana: 50
Duration: 2/3/4/5 attacks, or 4 seconds, whichever comes first.
Daytime: Attack Ignores 30/40/50/60% of enemy armour.
NightTime: Reduces enemy attack speed by 10/15/20/25% for 4 seconds.
CD: 16/15/14/13

Does not stack on multiple hits, but the duration is refreshed.

Solar Beacon (Passive)

During the daytime, Ktoxl is gifted a constant stream of power from the sun. This regenerates his body, but the excess energy often spills over when he has no wounds to heal. During the night, his body holds tightly to its energy, creating a shield that magic struggles to cross.

Daytime Regen: 5/10/15/20 health per second
Night Magic Resistance: 50%
Magic Damage/Self Damage: 50/100/150/200
AOE: 200/250/300/350
Cooldown: 9/7/5/3 (castable)
Mana: 50/60/70/80

During the daytime, whenever Ktoxl's health is full, this power is automatically triggered. He takes self damage from it, which will set his health below full. This self damage is always inflicted and will drop his health below full, even if he is spell immune, under the effects of False Promise etc. It also triggers the cooldown on Heart of Tarrasque.

Ktoxl can also trigger this ability manually. This costs mana and has a cooldown. The cooldown is for the manual ability only, and does not interact at all with the atuomatic trigger.

Midnight Sun:

Duration: 4/5/6 seconds
Mana: 100/150/200
Cooldown: 90/80/70
Regeneration Boost: Strength Stat
Aura AOE: 900 around him

Ktoxl calls to the sun and it appears; even in the dead of night. His body glows with power and his healing ability is super charged and extended to his allies for a short duration. The day/night timer is paused for the duration of this ability, and he gains the full use of both the day and night versions of his abilities - whichever effects are strongest. For example, Prism would grant the daytime damage, and the night-time blind duration.

All nearby allied heroes receive his strength stat in healing per second for the duration. Ktoxl receives this boost plus his usual Solar Beacon regeneration.

If Darkness is active or cast during Midnight Sun, Midnight Sun will override it for its short duration.

I wanted to make a hero with good jungling potential, and possibly offlane with high resistance to harassment. I also wanted a "daytime" hero in the same mould as Night Stalker, who would gain different strengths at different periods, making timings that little trickier.

He may seem OP early game, but remember that lack of magic resistance makes him vulnerable, and a melee jungler trying to retain full health on a timer is tricky. Further, this only lasts the first 4 minutes, then he has 4 minutes of night-time where it's tricky to farm/regen.

Ktoxl has most potential as a jungler, although he may also be able to play in the offlane. His high daytime health regeneration is balanced by his lack of magic resistance and relatively low starting strength - making him vulnerable to ganks but strong against harassment.

This is flipped during the night time, when he loses the ability to jungle quickly, but gains a lot of magic resistance to make him more survivable. As the game progresses he gains items and strength - allowing him to take on the tank role for his team.

I'm still not happy with the his second skill, I tried all sorts of combinations of DoT, slows, magic resistance reduction etc but couldn't find anything that was quite right :(. Open to suggestions!
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 7, 2016 8:43am | Report
There's a cooldown one his Q and W, right?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » August 7, 2016 9:15am | Report
Prism has a problem os scale, i would just pick 1 level of it and max others skills

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » August 7, 2016 12:35pm | Report
Fixed a few issues! Thanks
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Afghanizm » August 7, 2016 1:21pm | Report
Good job man. Was very entertaining to read and quite creative. Looking forward to your future works :)

Afghanizm

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved