Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Kexx, the Cursed Tormentor

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Kexx, the Cursed Tormentor 19 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » June 23, 2014 2:07pm | Report
TheSofa wrote:

A warm welcome to you, my friend! And yes, heed ThreadOfFate's advice. Yzreel will rip this apart, piece by piece.

Surprisingly enough Yzreel hasn't given me any criticisms (I think :s)

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by OrionTCB » June 23, 2014 2:15pm | Report
Welp, I think I've well nerfed Cursed Sword. :D
I've done strange heroes.
I'm gonna come back soon.
With new heroes.
With strange mechanics in it.
This is gonna be "strange..."

OrionTCB

Steam: Orion™
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » June 23, 2014 3:22pm | Report
I'm guessing english isnt your 2nd language? There are some minor grammatical errors in this, for example "when the hero *dies" instead of die and "the hero gets 2 *damage" instead of damages.

As for the hero itself, i dont like the idea of gaining 4 base damage through a non ultimate at 7, even silencer gets only 2, and pudge 2.5(if in range). Sounds too brutal too the enemy, but you have it balanced with the loss.

Also you mention that he gains different amount of damage from different level souls but loses 20% of the souls upon death, now to assume you have 10 souls with varying levels, which 2 are you gonna lose? Will it be the low leveled, high leveled or random?

I like the ideas, but you need more clarity in the decription.
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » June 23, 2014 5:24pm | Report
ThreadOfFate wrote:

Also, you tried to make it op? Prepare for Yzreel, he will tear this thing apart word by word :3

TheSofa wrote:

A warm welcome to you, my friend! And yes, heed ThreadOfFate's advice. Yzreel will rip this apart, piece by piece.

What are you guys talking about behind my back now? You know I never criticize if I am not asked, which is why I did not comment at all to Bunkansee even if some of his/her earlier ideas well... tick me off (sorry :p) Anyway, Orion has known me from my other hero idea, I believe.
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » June 23, 2014 10:51pm | Report
Yzreel wrote:

What are you guys talking about behind my back now? You know I never criticize if I am not asked, which is why I did not comment at all to Bunkansee even if some of his/her earlier ideas well... tick me off (sorry :p) Anyway, Orion has known me from my other hero idea, I believe.

Yzreel, God of Criticism >:D!

Yeah we know we have to ask you, but it's fun to invoke your fury.

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
Steam: TTT.Pixelmancer
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by OrionTCB » June 24, 2014 4:07am | Report

As for the hero itself, i dont like the idea of gaining 4 base damage through a non ultimate at 7, even silencer gets only 2, and pudge 2.5(if in range). Sounds too brutal too the enemy, but you have it balanced with the loss.

Also you mention that he gains different amount of damage from different level souls but loses 20% of the souls upon death, now to assume you have 10 souls with varying levels, which 2 are you gonna lose? Will it be the low leveled, high leveled or random?

Well, actually, you gain 1 soul per kill, but 1 soul gives you 1/2/3/4 damage.
So, If have 10 souls (1 from level 1, 3 from level 2, 2 from level 3, 5 from level 4, for example)
You will loose them randomly, it can be all the souls from the level 3, or something else.
From that example, you have 33 damages, if you loose the souls from level 3, you're gonna lose 6 damages, so final damages from this will be 27.

I'm guessing english isnt your 2nd language? There are some minor grammatical errors in this, for example "when the hero *dies" instead of die and "the hero gets 2 *damage" instead of damages.

* I like the ideas, but you need more clarity in the decription.

Hehe, too bad for me, English is actually my second language, sorry for my 'Nazi's Grammar'... xD

* I know that, hehe, I had something else to do at the same time when I wrote all the descritpions.
With new heroes.

OrionTCB

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » June 24, 2014 7:07am | Report
Yzreel wrote:

What are you guys talking about behind my back now? You know I never criticize if I am not asked, which is why I did not comment at all to Bunkansee even if some of his/her earlier ideas well... tick me off (sorry :p)

I could use some criticisms, it can only help, so if you wanted to say something about one feel free :)

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » June 24, 2014 8:02am | Report
ThreadOfFate wrote:

Yzreel, God of Criticism >:D!

Yeah we know we have to ask you, but it's fun to invoke your fury.

Well, he could tone his comments a notch lower...

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by OrionTCB » June 24, 2014 9:33am | Report
I've reworked Cursed Sword, tell me what do you think about it, if you like it, I'll change the original to this one.

(Passive)

Cursed Sword :

Kexx draws his cursed sword from the Skeleton King to kill his enemies and imprison their souls in the sword, which will increase his damage (as added), it does the double of damage to creeps, and the half to towers. He also has a chance to do a critical hit. If he dies, he will loose 20% of his collected souls. Cursed sword is an Unique Attack Modifier.

Damage per soul : 1/2/3/4
Damage to towers : 50%.
Damage to creeps : 200%.
Critical chance : 10/10/15/20%
Critical damages : 1.25/1.5/1.75/2.0
Kexx stoled this from Skeleton King...And he never knew it.

- 'Why more damage to creeps and less to towers ?' - I just balanced it.
- 'Why an UAM ?' - I make it as an UAM, so it won't be TOO OP, and won't be enabled if he has Desolator or another UAM, If he has Mjollnir, Mjollnir will procs, but the damage bonus won't.
- 'Why did you removes the regeneration aura ?' - Because it's useless.
With new heroes.

OrionTCB

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved