Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Kemmler The Necromancer

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Kemmler The Necromancer 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Welkynd » April 4, 2013 11:57am | Report
Yes I am aware there is already a Necromancer idea on this forum... but I have had this hero idea in my head for forever and just wanted to get the idea out there. Not trying to rip off anyone's hero idea.

Hero name/class is inspired by a favorite Warhammer lore character. - (Heinrich Kemmler).

Early art concept by me. Done on paint over the course of several boring math classes lol.

Kemmler
Necromancer (intelligence hero) The Dire
Ganker - Pusher

"One Grave turned deserves another"

Once an aspiring, naturally talented mage of the light, Kemmler descended into darkness following years of secret study of forbidden magics. As a renegade wizard, Kemmler sought to harness the mysteries of life and death. Traveling across the far reaches of the world, this dark sorcerer fought two extremely powerful vampire lords and defeated them in their own lair. Upon his triumph Kemmler claimed their most prized artifact, the Ashheart Scepter, an extremely potent weapon imbued with the power to raise the dead and bind the greatest of spirits to its will. To this day Kemmler resides in the old vampire citadel where he is served by legions of undead along with his defeated foes, reanimated as Vampire Wights, who are bound to serve as his immortal slaves for all eternity.

Str- 18+1.5
Agil- 15+1.5
Intel- 28+3.1
Starting hp=492
Starting mana=364
Damage= 45-57
Armor=1.45
Attack Range=600
Ms=290

Ability 1- Death Ripple (active) MC= 95/115/135/155 CD= 9seconds
Sends forth a wave of malevolent energy, damaging all enemies it encounters as well as raising recently killed creeps as controllable skeletal minions for a short duration. Skeletal minions retain half the HP they possessed in life and have a movement speed of 300. All other stats are identical.
Level 1- 100 damage, raised dead last 7 seconds
Level 2- 170 damage, raised dead last 8 seconds
Level 3- 240 damage, raised dead last 9 seconds
Level 4- 280 damage, raised dead last 10 seconds

Ability 2- Summon Wights (active) MC=180 CD=65 seconds.
Kemmler recalls his immortal servants to aid him in battle for a duration. Both Vampire Wights have a passive slow attack and each successful attack damages the target for a portion of their total health. Wight MS= 300; AS= 1.9. Blackmarrow Claws - Slow enemy units by 14% for 2.5 seconds and grant a percentage based bonus attack damage. Does not stack. Wights Last 45 seconds.
Level 1- Hp=700, attack damage=30+1% max hp.
Level 2- HP=900, attack damage=40+2% max hp.
Level 3- HP=1100, attack damage=50+3% max hp.
Level 4- HP=1300, attack damage=60+4% max hp.

Ability 3- Ashheart Blight (passive/active) Active MC=70 CD= 25 seconds
The necrotic energies of Kemmlers scepter pollute the area around him, passively summoning undead within the area of effect when enemy units are near. Zombies (bloated corpses) have 150 hp, deal 25-30 damage per attack and have a movement speed of 200. This spell can also be used to actively curse a single targeted unit. The targeted unit will become the focus of all lesser undead summons within the Blight (includes skeletal minions). Summoned units will gain a temporary movement speed bonus(50%) while the afflicted target will suffer a movement speed penalty(30%). The Curse lasts for 5 seconds. Passively spawned undead (Bloated Corpses) explode upon death dealing damage in an AOE. While they cannot be controlled directly they can be focused onto a target by using the active ability and can be detonated manually. Bloated Corpses last 45 seconds. Blight Aura AOE 1400 range.
Level 1- 11% chance every second to raise a bloated corpse in the AOE. Explosion damage = 50.
Level 2- 13% chance every second to raise a bloated corpse in the AOE. Explosion damage = 70.
Level 3- 15% chance every second to raise a bloated corpse in the AOE. Explosion damage = 90.
Level 4- 17% chance every second to raise a bloated corpse in the AOE. Explosion damage = 110.

Ability 4- Reanimate (Ultimate/Active/Channeling) MC= 290/430/690 CD= 120 seconds.
Channeling the most potent magic of his Unholy scepter, Kemmler can raise the body of a fallen ally or enemy hero to fight for him for a set duration. Reanimated Units retain some of the skills they possessed in life based on the level of Reanimate. If Kemmler's Channeling is disrupted the reanimated unit will expire.
Level 1- Reanimated Hero lasts 30 seconds and retains 1 random ability.
Level 1- Reanimated Hero lasts 45 seconds and retains 2 random abilities.
Level 1- Reanimated Hero lasts 60 seconds and retains 3 random abilities.

Scepter Upgradeable- Reanimated hero Retains all 4 abilities.

Victory Quote "(maniacal laughter)My services here are now done, but theirs has just begone!"

Defeat Quote "Worthless, incompetent minions."

Welkynd

Steam: Welkynd
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » April 4, 2013 3:08pm | Report
Nice idea, although the bloated corpses seem familiar (abbysal underlord before he was changed). Still, I like the ultimate. It can really turn a teamfight around. Imagine the opponent team killing your team's fed faceless void and realizing that you reanimated him XD

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Welkynd » April 5, 2013 10:03am | Report
Thanks for the feedback! I hadn't seen the abyssal underlord's skills prior to posting my idea but after looking at "expulsion" it does look a little bit similar but still different enough I think to be a separate spell (expulsion caused corpses to explode whereas my skill randomly spawns zombie'ish minions that explode upon death).

Welkynd

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Darkwanderer751 » April 7, 2013 8:48pm | Report
Wow I really like this hero. Seems reasonably balanced, unique ultimate, and good art! Well done man.

Darkwanderer751

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by daPhongster » April 8, 2013 8:20pm | Report
Q: Stats on creep? Can you control them?

W: OverPowered I'd say.
2 of them = 8% max hp lifesteal = more than lifestealer.
Also, 60 damage for each of them means 120 damage overall, and that's more than a hero early. Their Hp means that they're tankier than most heroes early game (i.e. 700 hp at lvl 1, 1300hp at level 7)
I'd recommend you compare these to Lycanthrope's wolves.

E: Somewhat unstable. It's possible to have a zombie spawn every second, or every minute. I'd add a 2 sec CD to it, like Axe's helix or Skull Basher's Stun.
Also, How much damage and hp do they bloated zombies do/have?
Oh, and if the corpses last 50 seconds, it's possible to have a horde of 10-20 and have them all explode when the enemy uses AoE, for massive damage.

Ult: I think a minute is too long. A teamfight is at most 20 seconds, so you have 40 seconds to push and all that. I think it should be barely enough time to land all the skills you get.
Are all the CD refreshed when you take the corpse? I.E. An SK uses his ult and dies, you take his corpse, is his ult off CD?

daPhongster

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Welkynd » April 9, 2013 10:14am | Report
Thanks for the feedback. I'll add some things that were not in the original post.

Q: Risen Creeps have half the HP in life and move slightly slower (300ms). The rest of the stats are the same. They are controllable but last for only a short duration.

W: Wights wouldn't be too bad I think. I should add that their movement speed would be fairly low. (around 280-290) and a slow attack speed. I intended them to be more for pushing towers and for defending Kemmler while he is channeling his ultimate rather than chasing down enemy heroes. And without the % based attack damage and high hp, they would be completely useless late game. Also lycans wolves are made to be offensive (fast movement speed/critical strike.) I want the Wight's to be used for a different purpose.

E: The passive only works while in range of enemy units. And the chances of getting a zombie to spawn every second would be extremely low. That considered I agree that a CD could be added to lower the summoning potential. Zombies would have 150 hp and deal 20-30 damage per attack. Zombies would have an extremely slow movement speed (unless buffed by the active ability) and being uncontrollable would make it fair I think. They would just wander around aimlessly unless they came within aggro distance of an enemy unit. Note that the active ability only affects zombies within the blight aura. Therefore any zombies not within range would not be included when using the "Curse" ability. Trying to keep Kemmler within range of every zombie spawned would be quite dangerous as he would die quite quickly if caught out of position.

Ult: CD's would be refreshed. Remember that Kemmler is also actively removed from the team fight for the duration as the ult would be considered channeling. Good point you brought up.
*if the reanimated unit dies, it is final. Sk's ult or Aegis would be ignored and only the passive effects of items are taken into account. Active items can't be used.

Thanks again for the feedback. I appreciate it.

Welkynd

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Eternalinfinity » April 9, 2013 12:29pm | Report
I like the drawings. those wight helmets are sick. I like the skills but the ultimate is what I really like. Gives an intel hero the chance to indirectly become a hard carry (or any role really). I would love to see this character in action someday. Gj!

Eternalinfinity

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Welkynd » April 9, 2013 12:35pm | Report
Thanks man

Welkynd

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Darkwanderer751 » April 10, 2013 12:22pm | Report
ahh I see you changed it a little. I was wondering mainly about the stats on the wights (wasn't sure if they would be a fast moving unit or not.) Seems reasonable to make them slow moving/slow attacking since their attack damage would be quite high early and late game even.
I do like how all the skills compliment each other pretty well. (many heroes on this forum lack this lol) Using Death Ripple and following it up with Curse would be a nice combo and during the curse the wights would be able to get a few swings in as well!

Darkwanderer751

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Welkynd » April 11, 2013 1:10pm | Report
Didn't really change the skills just added some extra info that I had left out. And yes that is pretty much how I intended the skills to be used haha.

Welkynd

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved