Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Kelen the Prophesied Assassin

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Kelen the Prophesied Assassin 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » March 8, 2015 2:27pm | Report

Kelen the Prophesied Assassin

It's been really empty around here, so I decided to make a hero based on Dota 1. Do you guys remember the old name of Blink Dagger? It was Kelen's Dagger of Escape. So yeah, I tried to make a hero that revolves around Blink as her skill. This hero can has a 2 seconds cooldown blink at level 16 and a huge amount of evasion and miss chance for enemies to be really hard to kill. I might not balance her well enough, but I've given her some drawbacks early on, notably her squishiness and mana problem, not to mention that without level her skills become quite useless because her skills have a bit too much synergy with each other lol.

Lore

Everybody has heard about the Sisters of the Veil, some may have died on the hands of the Phantom Assassins, but nobody has ever understood the objective of the Veiled Sisters. There are no contracts, no reasons to kill, there are only whispers and rumors about the meditations and oracular utterances of the Veiled Sisters, before another soul is fated to end.

Nobody knew why, not one soul, none until a particularly curious Phantom Assassin blurred into the shadow of her own order and decided to unveil the Veiled Sisters, hoping to find out her true reason of living. Under her Phantom Veil she murmured her forbidden name again and saw one of her sisters encircled by the Veiled Sisters. Rites performed right before her eyes, rites even she could not bear to repeat, and at the end of the rite Mortred felt something mysterious. She had felt fear. Her fellow sister had changed and she knew it. The presence of her sister is now much harder to notice, but at the same time much more enigmatic and dangerous.

She could not believe her eyes as her sister's body morphed and face shifted into that of an old lady, and moreover as the old lady grew younger. At this very moment she understood the meaning of the Sisters of the Veil, it was all a ruse: the killing, the veil, the meditation and even the prophecies. All were ruse, hiding the one and only prophecy, that the legendary assassin of past world shall return and imperil the world. In the blink of an eye, flurries of knives was coruscating around the room, slaughtering all the Veiled Sisters, and Mortred can only watch in awe of the mastery of the mysterious figure, before she quickly escaped the impending eradication of the order with a great predicament to tell: that Kelen the Prophesied Assassin has come and shall bring peril to this world.

Statistics

Faction: The Radiant
Primary Attribute: Agility
Attack Type: Range
Roles: Escape, Semi-Carry, Durable

Str: 61 at 25 (20 + 1.7/level)
Agi: 102 at 25 (23+ 3.3/level)
Int: 50 at 25 (21 + 1.2/level)

Health: 1309 at 25
MP: 650 at 25
Armor: 21 (6.4 base armor + 14.6) at 25
Movement: 330
Range: 350
BAT: 1.7

Skills

[Q] Blink: A skill created by the Prophesied Assassin in her past life, this short distance teleportation allows Kelen to move in and out of combat almost instantly. This skill can be used to dodge/disjoint projectile and can be double casted to immediately be casted to the fountain's direction.

- 900 range
- 1100 range
- 1300 range
- 1500 range

Type: Target point
Affects: Self

MP cost: 90/70/50/30
Cool down: 9 seconds
Cast time: 0.4/0.3/0.2/0.1 seconds

The skill Kelen brought into existence, giving her the title Legendary Assassin.

[W] Knives Flurry: With her unmatched knives throwing ability, Kelen can throw multiple knives in an instant, dealing damage to her surrounding and slowing them for a duration. The damage will be the sum of twice her base damage plus bonus damage based on enemies' current hp.

- 6% current HP
- 8% current HP
- 10% current HP
- 12% current HP

Type: No Target
Affects: Enemy Units
Damage: Physical

MP cost: 70
Cool down: 10/8/6/4 seconds
Radius: 500 points
Move and attack speed slow: 30%
Slow duration: 3 seconds

Someone may become master of a knife, but Kelen is a master of many.

[] Coruscate: Kelen's ability to move fast is beyond comprehension, and is so elusive that it seems like flashes of light. This skill grants Kelen bonus attack speed as well as giving her evasion chance every time she uses another skill. Each buff lasts for 6 seconds and stacks with itself, but the evasion rate stacks diminishingly.

- 15% evasion rate, 10 attack speed
- 20% evasion rate, 20 attack speed
- 25% evasion rate, 30 attack speed
- 30% evasion rate, 40 attack speed

Type: No Target
Affects: Enemy units

Kelen's beautiful and perfected movement seems like flashes of light to her enemies.

[] Mastery: In her past life of being the legendary assassin, the Prophesied Assassin has honed her abilities to perfection. This skill will reduce her Blink cooldown and anyone struck with Knives Flurry will have chance to miss once taken. Additionally, every time Kelen cast Blink, she will release Knives Flurry of the level in the targeted and original locations. Knives Flurry doesn't stack with itself and only one Knives Flurry can deal damage with each Blink.

- 3 seconds reduction, 40% miss rate
- 5 seconds reduction, 60% miss rate
- 7 seconds reduction, 80% miss rate

Type: Passive
Affects: Self

The legendary assassin has had an entire lifetime behind her to master her skills.
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by I Have Layers » March 8, 2015 2:45pm | Report
Anti Mage + Troll Warlord.

Except nobody will pick AM for RAT since Kelen is so much better at it >.<

Except Mastery seems really underpowered, unless you give blink a much, much lower cooldown.

I Have Layers

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » March 8, 2015 5:20pm | Report

Anti Mage + Troll Warlord.

Except nobody will pick AM for RAT since Kelen is so much better at it >.<

Except Mastery seems really underpowered, unless you give blink a much, much lower cooldown.

Well, sort of, but really they're all very different. Lol yeah, AM sucks on ratting compared to this hero, but I don't think Kelen can manfight AM late game at all.

Sorry, what? I mean, two seconds cooldown is not a "much much lower cooldown"? Just for benchmark, Quill Spray has 3 seconds cooldown and Arc Lightning 1.75 seconds. 2 seconds is well... crazy quick for a Blink, not to mention that it means a 2 seconds nuke of 12% current HP and 2x base damage, on top of 4 seconds cooldown of it. Let's just say that's a ****load.
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » March 8, 2015 6:40pm | Report
The low BAT is not needed. She already has crazy attack speed with Coruscate. Other than that, this hero should be okay. Sorta fills the same niche AM fills, but is also special in her own way.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » March 8, 2015 6:42pm | Report
12% of the HP as dmg in a 700 radius on a 4 sec cooldown? How is that balanced?

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » March 8, 2015 7:05pm | Report

12% of the HP as dmg in a 700 radius on a 4 sec cooldown? How is that balanced?

Key word here is current Zeus has 11% in a 1200 radius in the form of Static Field and nobody bats an eye, even if it's at 1.75 seconds cooldown from Arc Lightning. 12% current HP is nothing, even Arctic Burn does way more as well. Sure, this skill is devastating late game, but I don't think it is broken because of the MP problem it gives Kelen because it needs to be spammed.

porygon361 wrote:

The low BAT is not needed. She already has crazy attack speed with Coruscate. Other than that, this hero should be okay. Sorta fills the same niche AM fills, but is also special in her own way.

Yeah, I agree, I reduced it to normal BAT (1.7), thanks :D
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » March 8, 2015 8:18pm | Report
Great idea, actually. Just think Knives might be a bit overpowered.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by armc3j » March 8, 2015 9:42pm | Report
So what kind of items do you think she would build? What position/role would she be?
when a thing is done, it's done. Don't look back.

armc3j

Notable (3)
Steam: .Elusive
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » March 8, 2015 10:13pm | Report
Static Field is a very big deal to anyone who has played dota for some time. It means that you start every fight with a big sustain advantage. At 3 casts it's 0.295 = 29.5% of the max HP and literally the only reason Zeus is picked at all. Other nukers can have higher burst, but the initial damage from Static Field makes Zeus relevant at all stages of the game in teamfights.

There's reductions from resistances, but supports being at 70% or below before the fight really begins is a very big deal in any teamfight.

Arctic Burn deals a lot more damage yes, but the cooldown is considerably longer.

This is a skill you can use to safely farm a stack of ancients in a very short amount of time. If you also take the ridiculous AGI gain into account (more than any hero currently in the game), you get the fastest farmer in the game with just treads and bottle.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » March 9, 2015 6:53am | Report

Static Field is a very big deal to anyone who has played dota for some time. It means that you start every fight with a big sustain advantage. At 3 casts it's 0.295 = 29.5% of the max HP and literally the only reason Zeus is picked at all. Other nukers can have higher burst, but the initial damage from Static Field makes Zeus relevant at all stages of the game in teamfights.

There's reductions from resistances, but supports being at 70% or below before the fight really begins is a very big deal in any teamfight.

Arctic Burn deals a lot more damage yes, but the cooldown is considerably longer.

This is a skill you can use to safely farm a stack of ancients in a very short amount of time. If you also take the ridiculous AGI gain into account (more than any hero currently in the game), you get the fastest farmer in the game with just treads and bottle.

Yeah, I know that it's really strong, that's why I even raise the point that as strong as it is, nobody bothers to say it's overpowered.

Anyway, I didn't realise that the point you're contesting is the physical damage, and I agree that because of the magic immune piercing and ancient stacking it is pretty strong. I'll adjust the skill, thanks for the help :D

Which do you think is better?

-Changing it to magical damage
-Remove/lower the current HP damage
-Lower the cooldown

armc3j wrote:

So what kind of items do you think she would build? What position/role would she be?

She's intended to become a mid-lane hero that excels in mid game, ganking all lanes with her high mobility and is dangerous with minimal item because of Coruscate, and transitioning into a ratting carry because she's hardly countered with Monkey King Bar, as well as the 2 seconds blink. I think she can win mid quite easily with the spammable nuke of Knives Flurry and dominate rune with Blink. She can also easily kill ancient stacks with the Knives Flurry.

The item I'm thinking for her is agi item for base damage since Coruscate provide plenty attack speed, and transitioning into ratting item. I guess the normal item will go from Poor Man's Shield/ Bottle --> Phase Boots/ Phase Boots --> Yasha --> Drum of Endurance --> Manta Style --> Boots of Travel?

TheSofa wrote:

Great idea, actually. Just think Knives might be a bit overpowered.

Do see the discussion with KrDoto, I'm working on tweaking the Knives, do give me your opinion as well?
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved