Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Item: Shadow Shroud

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Item: Shadow Shroud 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazy Tom » May 19, 2014 4:54pm | Report
Shadow Amulet + Cloak

Provides an aura to all friendly units in a 500 AoE that gives +15% magic resistance and +15 attack speed.
To the user, it gives +10% magic resistance and +15 attack speed (in addition to the effects of the aura).

Active: Releases a cloud of dust identical to Dust of Appearance, then causes the user to be concealed in a manner identical to Smoke of Deceit. The user is only revealed if an enemy comes within a 500 radius instead of the 1025 radius like normal Smoke.
Mana cost: 75
Cooldown: 75

I got this idea because I always found it annoying that some items in the game only had one possible choice for building (eg. Shadow Amulet can only be built into Shadow Blade, etc), so I took two such items and put them together. Feedback is appreciated!

Crazy Tom

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » May 19, 2014 4:59pm | Report
I like this, with a cost of 2150, you could buy this on your 4 or 3 slot and have an infinite supply of dusts/smokes, but i think a few nerfs have to be made. The 15% magic resistance part of the aura is really good, it may not seem like much, but that is a free cloak to everyone on your team (basically 2K free gold and no item slot taken up). and then the 500 range instead of 1025 is really good, if you are ganking even a moderately mobile hero, you get too close for them to act, at least with the 1025 range, you have some warning to get out, but 500 range is well within the cast range of quite a few disables.

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FearsomeClarinet » May 19, 2014 5:35pm | Report
I agree, interesting concept, I too hate having items with only one thing to build into, because you can't change your strategy mid build. But yeah, nerfs have to be made to this, i mean it gives you infinite dusts, invis and an aura. You could nerf it with a recipe since that could increase the price dramatically without any changes to its form, and then get rid of the aura and it might be viable.

FearsomeClarinet

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazy Tom » May 20, 2014 6:35am | Report
Good points all around. How about this?

Shadow Amulet + Cloak + Recipe (650g)

Provides an aura to all friendly units in a 500 AoE that gives +10% magic resistance and +10 attack speed.
To the user, it gives +15% magic resistance and +20 attack speed (in addition to the effects of the aura).

Active: Releases a cloud of dust identical to Dust of Appearance, then causes the user to be concealed in a manner identical to Smoke of Deceit.
Mana cost: 75
Cooldown: 75

Crazy Tom

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved