Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Item - Azurite

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Item - Azurite 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by pittman » June 9, 2017 9:02am | Report

Azurite

Cost

Total cost

Bonus

Energy charges
+3 str/agi, +6 int, +3 dmg
+3 agi/int, +6 str, +3 dmg
+2 armor
+2 hp reg
True sight

Perception charge / detection

Passively gives the bearer:
  • +7 str/agi/int
  • +6 armor
  • +5 hp reg
  • +6 mana reg

Gains charges (max 18) based on enemies using abilities in a nearby area. When activated, it restores health and mana over time, based on the number of charges stored. One charge depletes in 1.25 seconds.

Perception charge passive:
  • Beeps when an invisible enemy is nearby (625 range)

Perception charge active:
  • The bearer gains true sight (950 range)
  • Reduces normal sight by 50
  • Can be toggled on/off

Also gains charges when an enemy invisible hero casts a spell within 425 range without breaking invisibility.
Does not drop on death.

Other suggestions:

Change how Magic wand Magic Wand works
  • Active, self/can be cast on allies: upon activation drains charges, restoring health and mana over time
  • Self cast: consumes all the charges at once
  • Cast on allies: drains all the charges but restores health and mana over time. Only 75% percent of the charges are transferred

Rikimaru blink strike:

New range: 725

Bounty hunter shuriken toss:

Range: +25

Any suggestions are more than welcomed!
"Counter" item is coming soon.

Before anyone says anything, I posted this on reddit as well under r/dotaconcepts.
Someone please help me format the table.

pittman

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Magnus Magus » June 9, 2017 7:58pm | Report
Its a very interesting item but many of the benefits are seemingly random.

Lose true sight
lose 6 int and strength, lose 3 agility
lose 6 damage
get 4 armor
get 3 hp regen
get 6 mana regen from nowhere
has two activated abilities?
beeps (really weird mechanic, I understand the idea but still I don't think Dota would effectively use a mechanic like that. Idk though)
does it gain 2 charges from invisibility cast spells? This also basically only happens for riki.

First off, the stat gain should be +9 or +10. The damage should be there, and the mana regen isn't needed.

The wands over time seems just thrown in there, and I don't see a need for wands to regen over time. (Max charges is like 25 seconds to fully heal you.) The healing/second or healing/charge isn't stated.
As for this I would leave it the way it is, wands are intended to be a burst to get the edge in early fights. Having to plan ahead and use the wand at the beginning of a fight would reduce the item's use.

True sight is also supposed to be unsafe to have. I understand this is an expensive item, but taking away the risk makes it such a good item to have (free dewards forever). 50 sight isn't that much anyways and I can't see a situation where it would be turned off.

All the rest of the stuff in there is just thrown in to increase the cost and give it more than 4 stats.

I don't think an item that builds from a gem of true sight will ever work. However, I think that making another item that has similar benefits, but weaker, might work.
However, a wand building into a gem-like item is also weird.

Here's my suggestion: split it into two items, one that is an upgraded wand, and one that is a weaker gem that isn't lost on death.
(Feel free to use any of this or ignore it.)

Shifter's Rod:
1 Ghost Scepter
1 Shadow Amulet
1 Magic Wand
Cost: 3265

+10 all stats
+25 attack speed
Active: Slip into Shadows
User becomes invisible, ethereal, and gain 20 health and mana regeneration per charge, all for 4 seconds. Casting spells does not break invisibility. 10 cooldown
(Gains a charge whenever an enemy hero casts a spell yadda yadda up to a max of 8 charges)

Inspector's Monocles:
2 Sage's Masks
2 Rings of Regen
1200 cost Recipe
Cost: 2500

+8 health and mana regeneration
+100 vision radius

Choose either one of the passives or the active (whichever is cooler, this is not ingame but when implemented)
Active: Opened eyes
Grants true sight up to 1000 radius for 7 seconds, only reveals units (not wards). 35 cooldown
Passive: Cloudy Lense
Grants true sight in a 1000 meter line in the direction you are facing. Truesight remains for 1.5 seconds after the line leaves a unit, only reveals units (not wards).
Reveals all invisible enemy units in a 850 aoe in the same way Charge of Darkness does.

This is all just my opinion, take or leave my ideas as you will.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

My hero and item ideas!

The Magnus Magus

Notable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Magnus Magus » June 9, 2017 8:12pm | Report
Here is the start of your table imperfectly copied and formatted a little better.

Cost

Component

Benefit

465 Magic Wand Charge effect
470 Null Talisman +3 all stats, +3 int, +3 damage

To see how this works click quote in the top right corner of the reply.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

My hero and item ideas!

The Magnus Magus

Notable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by pittman » June 30, 2017 4:07pm | Report

Its a very interesting item but many of the benefits are seemingly random.

Lose true sight
lose 6 int and strength, lose 3 agility
lose 6 damage
get 4 armor
get 3 hp regen
get 6 mana regen from nowhere
has two activated abilities?
beeps (really weird mechanic, I understand the idea but still I don't think Dota would effectively use a mechanic like that. Idk though)
does it gain 2 charges from invisibility cast spells? This also basically only happens for riki.

First off, the stat gain should be +9 or +10. The damage should be there, and the mana regen isn't needed.

The wands over time seems just thrown in there, and I don't see a need for wands to regen over time. (Max charges is like 25 seconds to fully heal you.) The healing/second or healing/charge isn't stated.
As for this I would leave it the way it is, wands are intended to be a burst to get the edge in early fights. Having to plan ahead and use the wand at the beginning of a fight would reduce the item's use.

True sight is also supposed to be unsafe to have. I understand this is an expensive item, but taking away the risk makes it such a good item to have (free dewards forever). 50 sight isn't that much anyways and I can't see a situation where it would be turned off.

All the rest of the stuff in there is just thrown in to increase the cost and give it more than 4 stats.

I don't think an item that builds from a gem of true sight will ever work. However, I think that making another item that has similar benefits, but weaker, might work.
However, a wand building into a gem-like item is also weird.

Here's my suggestion: split it into two items, one that is an upgraded wand, and one that is a weaker gem that isn't lost on death.
(Feel free to use any of this or ignore it.)

Shifter's Rod:
1 Ghost Scepter
1 Shadow Amulet
1 Magic Wand
Cost: 3265

+10 all stats
+25 attack speed
Active: Slip into Shadows
User becomes invisible, ethereal, and gain 20 health and mana regeneration per charge, all for 4 seconds. Casting spells does not break invisibility. 10 cooldown
(Gains a charge whenever an enemy hero casts a spell yadda yadda up to a max of 8 charges)

Inspector's Monocles:
2 Sage's Masks
2 Rings of Regen
1200 cost Recipe
Cost: 2500

+8 health and mana regeneration
+100 vision radius

Choose either one of the passives or the active (whichever is cooler, this is not ingame but when implemented)
Active: Opened eyes
Grants true sight up to 1000 radius for 7 seconds, only reveals units (not wards). 35 cooldown
Grants true sight in a 1000 meter line in the direction you are facing. Truesight remains for 1.5 seconds after the line leaves a unit, only reveals units (not wards).
Reveals all invisible enemy units in a 850 aoe in the same way Charge of Darkness does.

This is all just my opinion, take or leave my ideas as you will.

Sorry for the late post, I had a tons of stuff to do.
Thank you for your answer and also for sharing your idea. I'm still rethinking this item and am still gathering additional ideas on the ingredients so that allowing the rich support to build it from the items he/she is using anyways.
Also, I got the same answer for my idea to fuse hyper stone to an item that'll grant you armor or something else 10 years ago - that it'll ever work. This will be dependent on the developers if they read this at all (which I assume they do).
Rep given, thanks for the table!

pittman

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved