Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hero Ideas

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Hero Ideas 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Alcatraz The Jaywalker » July 5, 2012 10:02pm | Report
How about a Poseidon hero with water based powers

Q:Aqua Strike: A compressed ball of water
Damage:75/150/200/275
Cooldown:20/17/13/10
Mana:90/120/175/200

W:Soak Regens health and gains attack damage in an aura(only attack damage in aura) relative to the nearest water source.
Max Regen(while in water):3/5/7/10
Min regen(Away from water):0.4/0,7/0.9/1.2
Max attack:5/10/15/20
Min attack::1/3/4/5

E:Fountain: a versatile ability with 3 functions
Function 1: (while in water) Can boost you up to pass impassible terrain.
Duration:2/3/4/5/
Function 2: You can place a fountain on the ground that slows and debufs enemys
Fountain radius:150/200/250/350
Fountain duration:2/4/6/8
Fountain Slow:10%/15%/20%/25%
Debuf duration:5
Debuf slow:5%/10%/12%/15%
Amplified lightning damage:2.5%/5%/10%/15%
Function 3: can be placed on any hero to prevent them from being damaged or moving.
Duration:2/4/5/6

Mana:200/275/300/350
Cooldown:15/13/10/9

R:god Of the Sea:Powerful Passive ability that gives you extra stats while in water.
Stat increase:10/15/20
Damage increase:20/30/40
Speed Bonus

to be completed

Alcatraz The Jaywalker

Notable (2)
Steam: darkmatter478
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by WorkPants » July 5, 2012 10:07pm | Report
The concept has been tossed around before, but a river based hero would ultimately be pretty meh due to gameplay limitations. In my opinion, the best way to pull off a hero like this would be to give him an ability (or abilities) that can temporarily create water. The end result could be a much less gimmicky, zone control focused hero who excels early game when the river is at it's most important (no towers down).

Theme wise we don't really need this guy as we already have Morphling and he's about as watery as you can get.

WorkPants

Notable (7)
Steam: Work Pants
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Alcatraz The Jaywalker » July 6, 2012 4:55am | Report
Sorry its not finished yet i just had to turn of my computer so i uploaded the unfinished version.

Alcatraz The Jaywalker

Notable (2)
Steam: darkmatter478
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Glayde » August 12, 2012 10:53pm | Report
Err...so where is the finished version? But it seems like good idea.

My Hero Guides: Furion
My Ideas for Dota: Iron Guardian, Rafael, the Split Being
Check this out.

Glayde

Notable (13)
Steam: Zephyr
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DirtGrub » August 24, 2012 9:41am | Report
I think something along the lines of broodmother, where she casts her webs and is buffed while in them is the only logical way to continue this hero. That kinda feels like stealing the broodmother idea, but im sure since you are creative enough to come up with a hero you can make it original.
also, i think the fountain needs to be changed. i think it doesn't last long enough to really do anything. some heroes have slows that last twice as long as that or debuffs that last longer too.

DirtGrub
<Editor>

Notable (13)
Steam: DirtGrub

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved