Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hero Idea: Daementis the Bounded

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Hero Idea: Daementis the Bounded 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by hjvaughan » January 15, 2014 5:37am | Report
Stats
Strength: 22+1.85
Agility: 13+1.4
Intelligence: 26+3.3

Lore
The watcher had left the Void. He was going towards the sun. What could he want near the sun? There is nothing near the sun. Well there must be otherwise the watcher wouldn't have stopped his watching. The watcher stopped watching because it was no longer his turn to watch, someone else will come and then we will be caught. Nonsense, he is the only outworlder other than us. But what if we don't know about the other outworlder? Shut up, we go now while we have the chance. But if we leave the Void, where will we go? Towards the sun of course. You're going to follow the watcher? WE'RE going to follow the watcher.

Some millennia later, Daementis landed in a strange planet. It seems that the creatures here were playing a game but now looked at him with bewildered eyes. We look like a monstrosity, they know we are from the Void. Then let's fix that shall we? And so Daementis went through this playground ending the life of all of these strange creatures save one. Wait, we should keep this one alive. Why? We can't just kill all of the creatures on this planet, we need a disguise. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Of course. Those two words were this man's verdict, snatched away from reality and into the thin line between mania and dementia. Daementis took over his mind and used it for himself. Returning back to the safety of the Void, now as a puppeteer, Daementis corrupting this planet of Ancients. Corrupted it into disorder chaos and destruction. Corrupted it into insanity. Insanity. Insanity...

Skills

Q
Requiem of Doom (AoE)
Any poor soul caught in the Area is surrounded by dissonant screeching chords walking through fog.
AoE: 300/375/450/525
Armour lowered of enemies inside: 10%/20%/30%/40%
Magical damage increase against enemies inside: 25%
Duration: 5
Mana cost: 130
Cooldown: 20/18/16/14
*Allies inside Requiem of Doom are muted, but are also invisible

W
Practice Makes Perfect (Unit Target) (Magical)
Daementis releases magical energies in front of him dealing damage to that target, then the energies bounce behind that unit to another dealing more damage.
Initial Damage: 50/100/150/200
Damage Increase per Bounce: 20%
Bounces: 3/4/5/6
Mana cost: 100/110/120/130
Cooldown: 14

E
Split (No Target)
Daementis splits his soul in two making an illusion of himself.
Illusion's damage taken: 250%/200%/150%/100%
Illusion's damage dealt: 20%/30%/40%/50%
Illusion duration: 6
Mana cost: 140
Cooldown: 17/16/15/14
*Illusions have the spell Intimidation

Intimidation (Passive) (Radius around Illusion)
Daementis' illusion has a daunting presence, making even the mighty fear something that cannot harm him
Increase of magical damage: 5%/10%/15%/20%
Radius: 700
*Daementis himself doesn't use this skill, his illusions have this passive

R
Insanity's Dawn (Global Cast) (AoE)
Daementis causes the sun to go out, creating chaos. Creeps no longer have teams and will attack each other and other heroes at random. These creeps have a damage bonus when attacking its own team.
AoE: 1000
Damage bonus for creeps: 10%/20%/30%
Duration: 5/10/15
Cooldown: 180/160/140
Mana cost: 200/250/300
Aghanim's Scepter Upgrade: Does not affect you team's creeps
*during the duration of Insanity's Dawn, the day/night cycle stops and it becomes night (similar to Night Stalker's ult)
**During the duration of Insanity's Dawn, creeps have the ability Intimidation.

Hey guys, thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think about Daementis, whether you think he is so unbalanced he just should be thrown into the pit of Tartarus never to be seen again, or if he shall find an eternity of Godhood in Olympus. :D Oh yeah, 10 extra points if you name all of the types of insanity in the hero. :D
This post is the most important thing you have read in your life.

hjvaughan

Notable (4)
Steam: Cloud Strife
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BabySauce » January 15, 2014 6:48am | Report
Seems cool, but I would recommend that instead of heaving a "sub-skill" of sorts as you do, just say under Split "the illusion carries a an aura that increases magical damage" and include that under the stats of Split.

The concept is nice, but the ult might be a bit overpowered. At lvl 3 it deals a total of 750 damage over 15 seconds, PLUS a global teamfight boost for your team, but it can ALSO be used to effectively stop any creep push they have. Add in the fact that it is quite clearly superior to Night Stalker's ult (essentially his ult plus a million other things), you might want to take some of the things out. But, being that it essentially causes a short bit of insanity, the creeps attacking each other should stay because that sounds pretty great.

Quick question though, would that effect only lane creeps? Or would jungle camps begin attacking each other, and Would Chen no longer be able to control his minions?

BabySauce

Steam: Baby Sauce
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by hjvaughan » January 15, 2014 12:27pm | Report
BabySauce wrote:

Seems cool, but I would recommend that instead of heaving a "sub-skill" of sorts as you do, just say under Split "the illusion carries a an aura that increases magical damage" and include that under the stats of Split.

The concept is nice, but the ult might be a bit overpowered. At lvl 3 it deals a total of 750 damage over 15 seconds, PLUS a global teamfight boost for your team, but it can ALSO be used to effectively stop any creep push they have. Add in the fact that it is quite clearly superior to Night Stalker's ult (essentially his ult plus a million other things), you might want to take some of the things out. But, being that it essentially causes a short bit of insanity, the creeps attacking each other should stay because that sounds pretty great.

Quick question though, would that effect only lane creeps? Or would jungle camps begin attacking each other, and Would Chen no longer be able to control his minions?

So I understand what you're saying about the ult, however there are a few things that I must clarify. First off with the creeps, ALL creeps attack each other (well except for dominated creeps) would attack each other. So unless you would get the Aghanim's it wouldn't really work as a anti-pushing tool. And about it being directly superior to Night Stalker's I feel that that is entirely an incorrect statement. Excuse me if I seem rude here, but their ultis accomplish different things. Daementis' ulti would be use to create chaos, while Night Stalker's is used to make himself stronger (Unless you haven't leveled Hunter of the Night or whatever it's called). However you do have point about the damage, maybe I should nerf it or just remove it completely. Any other opinions?

Oh yeah, and the Intimidation skill is used just so that it can be a bit more orderly for me to look at. (Ironyyyyyy)

hjvaughan

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BabySauce » January 15, 2014 12:41pm | Report
hjvaughan wrote:

So I understand what you're saying about the ult, however there are a few things that I must clarify. First off with the creeps, ALL creeps attack each other (well except for dominated creeps) would attack each other. So unless you would get the Aghanim's it wouldn't really work as a anti-pushing tool. And about it being directly superior to Night Stalker's I feel that that is entirely an incorrect statement. Excuse me if I seem rude here, but their ultis accomplish different things. Daementis' ulti would be use to create chaos, while Night Stalker's is used to make himself stronger (Unless you haven't leveled Hunter of the Night or whatever it's called). However you do have point about the damage, maybe I should nerf it or just remove it completely. Any other opinions?

Oh yeah, and the Intimidation skill is used just so that it can be a bit more orderly for me to look at. (Ironyyyyyy)

Well, let's say you guys are being crushed, and they have 1,000,000 mega creeps going down the same lane towards your exposed ancient. Bam ult they're killing each other. That's how it can be used to anti-push. And what I was saying with Night's ult is that Night doesn't accomplish as much with his. It triggers his passive and lowers vision, but your's does global damage, possibly antipush, and help your team by giving them more magic damage to deal, so to speak. So they're seems to be some unbalancing, but if you were to remove or majorly nerf the damage it'd become more of a tactical move as opposed to being good strategically as well as a simple global nuke. I mean, it's up to you but to be it seems very unbalanced.

BabySauce

Steam: Baby Sauce
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by hjvaughan » January 15, 2014 12:46pm | Report
Hm, I think that I want to wait to hear from more people about it before I drastically change it. Does anyone else have an opinion on the ulti?

hjvaughan

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » January 15, 2014 3:22pm | Report
I think that Insanity's Dawn should a skill that can be cast globally, but has a limited AoE (think Aghanim's Scepter Calldown). And instead of dealing damage to enemies, it should just slow enemy heroes and cause all the creeps, regardless of their affiliation, to cease fighting each other and target enemy heroes if they are nearby, for bonus damage of course. There, ultimate fixed :D

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by hjvaughan » January 16, 2014 4:02am | Report
Alright changed Insanity's Dawn to porygon's suggestion. :D Anyone else want to say anything about the hero?

hjvaughan

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » January 16, 2014 4:08am | Report
Just one more thing: Decrease the cooldown and mana cost, since it is no longer a skill that affects the entire map.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by hjvaughan » January 16, 2014 5:03am | Report
Alright, I decreased the mana cost but kept the cooldown the same because I feel that by lowering it by that much of a mana cost, it would be ok to keep the cooldown as is.

hjvaughan

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CobraJD » January 16, 2014 2:04pm | Report
And lastly, for fun, creeps affected will gain their own vision of any enemy heroes in the cast area,so they can target them, but not vision that is revealed to players. Mad creeps run through the jungle and start tracking down enemy heroes, who are slowed so they can't run away xD

CobraJD

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved