Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

HCC Dream Hero Neth'rak the demon Slayer

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » HCC Dream Hero Neth'rak the demon Slayer 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Masked_Man98 » December 19, 2017 12:21am | Report
Statistics

Faction: The Radiant
Primary Attribute: Strength
Attack Type: Melee
Roles: Carry, Initiator, Nuker, Disabler

Str: 95.5 at 25 (19 + 3/1/level)
Agl: 69.5 at 25 (17 + 2.1/level)
Int: 58.5 at 25 (16 + 1.7/level)

Health: 2144 at 25
MP: 988 at 25
Armor: 1.4
Movement: 280
Range: 175 (Melee)
Base Damage: 48 - 54
Vision: 800 - 1800

Lore
They say you become what you hate the most. This is true about Neth'rak.
He was a war hero during the holy war. Praised by the heaven and damn by the hell. He slayed the great demon Nog'laris with the holy knight, Chen and put an end to the neverending holy war once and for all.
The light defeated the datkness and demons returned to their wild worlds. Peace returned to our world after centuries but peace never came for Neth'rak, he was the reason of demons failiar and their grudge remained in their dark frozen hearts. So they attacked...
Neth'rak was sworn to protect our world but he failed to protect his own family and village. When he was holding his dead wife and daughter in his arm and the heat of the burning village vaporized the tears on his skin, only the sweat temptation of revenge kept him alive.
He followed the demons back to their worlds and slayed them one by one but it was not enough, he wanted to kill all of them so he sold his empty soul to the Satan to become immortal and powerful but he turned into what he hated the most, a demon.
When he realized what his grudge turned him into, he joined the Radiant to find the light and slay the demons again.

Skills:

Q: Demonic link
Casting Method: Active
Targeting Method: Unit
Allowed Targets: Enemy Units
Neth'rak creates a link between him self and his target, draining his target's attack and movement speed.
*Debuff can not be dispelled.
Range: 500
Link break range: 500
Attack speed drained per second: 10 / 15 / 20 / 25
Movement speed drained per second: 5 / 6 / 7 / 8
Link duration: 5 seconds
Buff and debuff duration: 20 seconds
Mana cost: 90 / 110 / 130 / 150

W: The Demon Within
Allowed Targets: Enemy
Damage: Magical
Purgeable: by strong dispells only
Pierces Spell Immunity: No
Neth'rak channels his demonic power, when he gathers enough power, he shots a dark magic bolt of energy that stuns and damages his target and the enemy units in 350 radius of his target.
Cast Range: 700
Minimum stun: 0.5 seconds
Maximum stun: 1 / 1.5 / 2 / 2.5
Minimum damage: 100
Maximum damage: 200 / 250 / 300 / 350
Channel duration: 4 seconds
Mana cost: 100 / 110 / 120 / 130
Cool down: 20 / 18 / 16 / 14

E: Demons
Targeting Method: Instant
Allowed Targets: N/A
Neth'rak summons two melee demons from the hell to slay their own kind. Demons explode and damage units in 300 radius when they die or when their duration ends.
*Demons death damage is magical.
*Demons can explode manualy.
*Demons are magic immune.
*Demons death damage goes through magic immunity.
Demons health: 300 / 350 / 400 / 450
Demons armor: 3 / 4 / 5 / 6
Demons damage: 40 / 50 / 60 / 70
Demons death damage: 200 / 250 / 300 / 350
Demons duration: 30 seconds
Demons movement speed: 300
Mana cost: 120 / 140 / 160 / 180
Cool down: 40 seconds

R: The Gates Of The Hell
Allowed Targets: Allied Units
After 3 seconds channeling, Neth'rak creates gates in front of him self and sacrifices an ally hero or creep that turns it into a demonic gates. The gates, only work of allied units. Every time a hero passes through the gates, It losses, 25% of its health but gains damage instead.
* Self damage is magical.
* Self damage can not kill.
*Bonus damage is raw damage.
Bonus damage: 25 / 35 / 45
Buff duration: 20 seconds
Gates duration: 5 seconds
Cast Range: Global
Mana cost: 150 / 250 / 350
Cool down: 60 / 45 / 30

Talents:
Level 10: 2 mana regen OR 5 strength
Level 15: 10% lifesteal OR 5 armor
Level 20: +1 demon OR +120 GPM
Level 25: The gates of hell self damage is removed OR +1 second The demon within stun

The angle from the hell - A mini guide to Neth'rak the demon slayer

We hope to see him in the game one day and I want to be the first person who writes a guide for this wonderful hero.
Neth'rak is a strength carry hero that is going to be famous for his Demonic link and his kamikaze demons. He is easy to play but extremely hard to master and of course very fun to play.
He is a decent roamer, a good ganker and in some situations, a good support.

How to play him?

Neth'rak is born to be a roamer or better say a dual roamer. His skills are good but with help of a partner, Neth'rak can truly shine. The demon within's nice cast range allows Neth'rak to set up kills and stay invisible on the map. Demons allow him to farm jungle freely and gather information about enemy. But like any other hero, he has the job to kill the enemy heroes or help his team to get kills here I'll show you how:

Manfights: In man fights things are simple for you as long as your target does not have an escape mechanism. Initiate with blink dagger, force staff or shadow blade, cast demonic link on your target and hit him as you keep stealing attack and movement speed. Use your demons if he is a tanky hero.
If your target has escape mechanism, cast the demon within first then initiate and cast demonic link on him.
If your target has force staff or uses escape mechanisms that reveals where your target has gone, just follow him and put an end to his life by your increased attack speed or demons death damage nuke.
If your target has in built blink then your gank is harder. Like the last one, stun, initiate and drain attack and movement speed but this time summon demons and send each of them to the location you believe your target is going to blink.

Teamfights:
If your team mates have started the party with out you, cast the gates of the hell of the ally hero that you believe is dead in 4 seconds, deny him and join the party. Cast the demonic link on their hardest carry to make their team fragile. Summon demons and target the squishiest hero and then fight to death and catch the fleeing heroes with the demon within.

Strengths:
Attack speed and movement speed, stolen by the demonic link makes you an amazing man fighter and a decent anti carry.
Demons are great for pushing and wiping creep waves out, they can be used to stack jungle camps and gather information about the enemies.
The gates of the hell can be used to deny the dying allies and provides global ganking.
The demon within is a great lock down spell with good cast range

Weaknesses:
Neth'rak's biggest strength and weakness are The demonic link and tha demons.
Demonic link could be broken easily if your target has escape mechanism or if it builds blink dagger or force staff and in late game, supports usually build force staff to aid their carries. You can use the demon within's stun to steal attack and movement speed from these type of heroes.
Demons are very squishy, they have low health and armor and could be destroyed by a ranged hero easily so you need to be smart.
Neth'rak has low armor, eventhough most of the right click heroes can barely hurt him, heroes with attack speed steroid like phantom assassin, ursa, huskar, etc. Can kill you easily.
Mana is always an issue for you, all of Neth'rak's spells have high mana cost and his mana pool is nothing to brag. A soul ring really helps you out in these situation. But be careful when you use it, soul ring + the gates of the hell self damage really hurts you.
With out the demonic link, your attack speed is just bad so building AC, Maelstrom, and Midas is not a bad idea.

Talent tree choices:
Lvl 10: 2 mana regen because your spells high mana cost
Lvl 15: 10% lifesteal if you're going for AC or damage items, +5 armor if you want to tank up with heart or satanic
Lvl 20: +1 demon if you think the game is going to finish soon or there are squishy heroes who really suffer from an extra demon, +120 GPM if you think the a long late game or ultra late game is coming
Lvl 25: the gates of hell self damage removal is necessary if there are so many tanks in your team, +1 second stun is great if you have right heroes in your team that can use the extra stun like farmed hard carries with battle fury, heroes with game breaking ultimates like jakiro, Phoenix, etc.
Brave Travelers Tell Stories of A Legendary Warrior Who Freezes The Heart of His Enemies And Burns Their Untouchable Souls
List of my guide Here
The UnTold:Dawn,Blizzard, Dire
Follow me on Instagram For more Updates @soroush_s77

Masked_Man98

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (20)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » December 19, 2017 4:11am | Report
Two things:

- Demons is waaaay too strong at level 1. With combined 600hp, 80 damage, and 400 death damage they're about as strong as another hero in lane or rune fight.

- Is Gates Of Hell +raw damage, or % damage? One is very weak, the other, very strong!
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AttackHelicopter » December 20, 2017 4:42am | Report
The Concept is good but the abilities not so much, first he really like a mishmash of different heroes Q is Razor's W, his W is Oracle Q, his E is Beastmaster's W and his R is Dark Seer's R. Now the idea behind the abilities are not bad but I hate to see a hero that is basically a product of Legends of Dota or Ability Draft, because if this will persist, might as well make a hero that can ramp up his damage have a cleav a thowing knife/dagger and a critical hit chance. For me you've played with a theme, a Paladin that was corrupted and wants to redeem himself, try using that lore to make abilities, maybe he has the ability to reduce something via the KDA (as if he wants to punish people for their sins of killing your allies), the best way to do this redeem thing is making him punish a hero using different aspects of that hero, maybe an ability will do more damage if the target hero's main attributes are bigger than his or something. The redemption is the theme now play around that theme.

AttackHelicopter

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Masked_Man98 » December 22, 2017 6:06am | Report
Sando, The damage is raw. and yes he is kinda out of balance but hey he was the first hero that I created If I have time I'll think of sth good but time is a luxury that I don't have rn, two of my guides are not even updated ffs.

AttackHelicopter , Now that i'm thinking about what you said, I think that you're right.
Gotta try harder next time
Brave Travelers Tell Stories of A Legendary Warrior Who Freezes The Heart of His Enemies And Burns Their Untouchable Souls
List of my guide Here
The UnTold:Dawn,Blizzard, Dire
Follow me on Instagram For more Updates @soroush_s77

Masked_Man98

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (20)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved