Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hamster's Terrorblade rework (less push, less nerf, more fun ^^)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Hamster's Terrorblade rework (less push, less nerf, more fun ^^) 34 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » March 14, 2015 6:04pm | Report
I thought we were keeping it to towers only, okay then.

I might have confused presenting PL data.
While i said helluva luck for new PL, it was his 20 second old PL ilussion that did 20% base damage and was 300% durable that was the real thing. Hence was reworked, as it came from a non ulti skill.

As an avid TB player, i tend not to rely on sunder in ranged form because if you walk up to them you might be stunned, they may run anyway if you dont have skadi, they may silence you and kill you, based on the premise that if you are intending to sunder him you must be pretty low.

High Hp regen? it his only lane sustain!!! i grant you that sunder(your type) can act as brain sap only if tb is low but please, tell that to alch who has low hp currently and 100Hp regen and still dies.
Having 2.3 HP/sec is okay for him. he has 454 HP i believe.

Also for TB, your two illsions will stay for 16 seconds. so if only illusions are pushing he wont be around. I dont know if he can eat two towers with only 2 illsusion at lvl 25 in 16 seconds.

There is more to using skills on cd, especially illusion making skills that also need positioning. You can ask any illusion player he will tell you that they spawn illusions on specific spots for clearing jungle pushing lanes etc.
New playstyle is a subjective thing so okay, my rant was my opinion and this was yours. I respect it.

I already told you that % values were max possible values. all illusions possible hence i accounted for his Spirit Lance also. 10 of his illu came from his ulti. I stand corrected.

For math and rat: YOU JUST GAVE MY DREAM ANSWER. HEHE.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » March 14, 2015 6:40pm | Report
As I said, you can Sunder your own illusion, so you don't need to walk up and pray that they didn't chain-stun you. I mean, please, with his damage no one can get close to him unless you are badly positioned and having 2~3 heroes chain-stun you while there is no other teammate around to save you. He is squishy in early game but once you gave him Manta Style, Eye of Skadi, etc etc you don't really need to worry about his HP anymore.

Pushing all 3 towers together is possible because illusion lasts for 32 seconds, not 16 seconds. Just push 2 lane with 1 illusion for each lane, then the 3rd lane pushed by your main hero or other illusion from Manta Style. You don't need to take down all the tower in 1 shot, you just keep sending illusions and that is annoying enough to the other team.

For the percentage value, you don't look at the % alone, you'll also need to consider the base damage, it's like comparing Mortal Strike and Chaos Strike, why both have the same damage multiplier but different chance to proc? For the sake of balance!
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » March 14, 2015 11:57pm | Report
MrLocket wrote:

As I said, you can Sunder your own illusion, so you don't need to walk up and pray that they didn't chain-stun you. I mean, please, with his damage no one can get close to him unless you are badly positioned and having 2~3 heroes chain-stun you while there is no other teammate around to save you. He is squishy in early game but once you gave him Manta Style, Eye of Skadi, etc etc you don't really need to worry about his HP anymore.

Pushing all 3 towers together is possible because illusion lasts for 32 seconds, not 16 seconds. Just push 2 lane with 1 illusion for each lane, then the 3rd lane pushed by your main hero or other illusion from Manta Style. You don't need to take down all the tower in 1 shot, you just keep sending illusions and that is annoying enough to the other team.

For the percentage value, you don't look at the % alone, you'll also need to consider the base damage, it's like comparing Mortal Strike and Chaos Strike, why both have the same damage multiplier but different chance to proc? For the sake of balance!

Terrorblade range = 550
Average stun range = 800. Also blink.

Even with Manta, Skadi and Satanic, Terrorblade has around 2500HP, which is not a lot considering he has two dedicated tank items. Of course, that's counterbalanced by his ridiculous armour and damage, but you still die in the duration of a Fiend's Grip.

As to slowly taking down a tower with illusions... doesn't Nature's Prophet do the same thing, just with trees? I guess the difference is that Profit doesn't transition into the 4th hardest carry, but Profit also doesn't have the strength gain of an emancipated infant. Sunder is and always has been a 'win-more' ult. If you're ahead, then you almost never need to use it at all. If you're behind, then you use it a lot but die anyway because you're a squishy little *****. The only time I'd rather have Sunder over, say, Aphotic Shield, is when the game is EXTREMELY close, the winner of this fight wins the game, and you have the positioning needed to Sunder someone incredibly important. But then, it's easier and more reliable to just pop Satanic for a full heal. The core problem with Terrorblade, which overshadows ALL other problems regarding him, is that he has a Q, a W, and an ult... but essentially no E, because his E IS his ult and Sunder isn't even worth talking about.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » March 15, 2015 12:12am | Report
imo zeal is better than hamster's Sunder. Just saying. Since Sunder is basically a free Satanic.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » March 15, 2015 8:53am | Report
@Terathiel
2500hp with 2 slow, 3 life and lifesteal is pretty enough for me. Ok, blink and stun, then? If it is 1v1 it's a suicidal move because in the next seconds TB will sunder/reflection and get a free kill. If TB is being ganked then blame yourself for low map-awareness. It can happen to most heroes. Anyone will die being ganked for 7 seconds. If you can't gang-kill an Axe in 7 seconds then the game is pretty much ended.

Yes I agree with you that Sunder are not that useful, but it can be a life saver and turn around the gank if one of the enemies get too close to you, I believe you should have experienced that before, if no then you should just skip Sunder until level 22, since you think that it's only effective during ultra late game when the win-lose situation is extremely close.

For pushing, if you keep sending tree army to push tower then you are feeding the other team with golds and exp. The most effective way would be push with 10 tree creeps while having a Desolator or any other decent pushing item to take down the tower quickly before they are able to defend it.
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » March 15, 2015 1:08pm | Report
MrLocket wrote:

You think that players would keep an illusion safe somewhere nearby to have something to sunder onto? or go into a fight with 28%/60% more damage?
What is the certainity that it wont be purged/killed off/duration ends?

FACE IT! Sunder is unreliable! Of all my 10 last games I HAVENT USED SUNDER ONCE!!!
Its true, that you can push a clincher but you need that moment AND a perfect circumstance for that as Terathiel pointed out in a later post.

I know the duration is 32 seconds. but the cooldown is 16 seconds. So 2 illusions stay for 16 seconds and you need to use the ability again. BUT any guy using tb can tell you that to push a tower you need to plan around this cd so that you get 2 illusions pushing 1 tower.
Oh sure you think you can push 3 towers at once, wont that be underproductive? as it wont take the tower by itself. Trust me, it wont.Also you need to give your 100% of your illusions to take down 1 TOWER. the days of 6.80 are gone bruh, where you could push two towers in one go.

Actually, chaos strike is more OP. Coz of illusions. I think you already knew, they all get the crit chance making it about 40% i believe(correct me if iam wrong).

Your later posts talk of 3 lives on tb. Pray tell me how?
And you yourself admit that you need a deso and 10 treants to take a tower so that they cant defend the push, or that the response is late. Thats why we push with 2 illusions , noth of them together on 1 tower.

Your quote: If TB is being ganked then blame yourself for low map-awareness. It can happen to most heroes. Anyone will die being ganked for 7 seconds. If you can't gang-kill an Axe in 7 seconds then the game is pretty much ended.

Axe doesn't agree with this.
Also, Smoke of Deceit
It can happen to anyone. especially a rat like TB, naga etc. I hate to generalize.

So you said:Yes I agree with you that Sunder are not that useful, but it can be a life saver and turn around the gank if one of the enemies get too close to you, I believe you should have experienced that before, if no then you should just skip Sunder until level 22, since you think that it's only effective during ultra late game when the win-lose situation is extremely close.

But aside form the fact that you have to travel a distance to sunder, the fact that an enemy is close to you and at an advantageous health position to sunder on is one of these situations that are clinchers. They dont happen often. I like sunder. But if you ask me to rely on it, no sire, i wont. Its like asking everyone on the enemy side to stare on Stone Gaze. Sunder is, as tra suggests, a win more ulti. I previously didnt agree with him .But after 80 games, i think i do.

I believe we have wandered away from topic so far that hamster is not enjoying this. I think we should stop. Coz this is one controversial topic. I will try to stay on topic if i choose to post further.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » March 15, 2015 2:20pm | Report
offtopic
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » March 15, 2015 3:51pm | Report
Unscathed wrote:

offtopic

Spoiler: Click to view

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » March 15, 2015 4:03pm | Report
Yea let's just end this pointless argument. Peace <3
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » March 15, 2015 5:54pm | Report
MrLocket wrote:

Yea let's just end this pointless argument. Peace <3

Peace !
Truce~~~~

Now lets sing fairy songs together and drink away our lives together..shall we?
LEL

I to MR. Locket: Life without you is like a broken pencil
Mr Locket: How?
I: Its pointless.

Hit that rep button BRO!!!(kidding)

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved