Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Grasha, The Volcanic Assassin

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Grasha, The Volcanic Assassin 15 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » August 15, 2013 10:56pm | Report
Teysha wrote:

And yes, do tunnels have a fade time? I think ultimate's cooldown should be something like 60 secs and trap's cooldown should be like 15/20 secs.
It's an honor to give feedback to this assasin by the way.

Tunnels are hidden from sight, but they would have a short fade time if there was true sight over it before the source if true sight is destroyed.
I have tweaked the cooldown on the ultimate to a greater number, and I understand why. There is a reason why Vendetta is on a longer cooldown as well. The traps cooldown is also brought higher, and now that I think about it, I wouldn't want Goblin Techies that can go invisible O_O

Thanks for pointing these out, I wouldn't have myself :)

EDIT:
Also added a limit to the number of traps present.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by RunnerUpScout » September 22, 2013 9:59am | Report
This is a great hero! I love the balancing you've been doing. I was bored the other day and started joking around with paint and made this weird interpretation of this hero. It's just for laughs... yeah I really should stick to not-drawing (Dont hate me ;-;)

What will happen after Valve runs out of heroes? Hmm?! HMMM!? So yeah, just stop being trolls, and whining about heroes.

RunnerUpScout

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by C0L0NEL999 » September 22, 2013 11:42am | Report
I'm sorry to tell you that you really should change a lot in this hero in my opinion.

The first spell is just like Goblin Techies' mines, not a new idea.

And this tunnel spell is so overpowered, it's like free wards all over the map. I think it shouldn't grant the hero vision over tunnels, and melee heroes must be able to attack the borrowed hero if they have a vision over him.

Also, a spell that grants solid damage isn't really a good idea, is it? I think this effect should be changed.

C0L0NEL999

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » September 22, 2013 11:38pm | Report
C0L0NEL999 wrote:

I'm sorry to tell you that you really should change a lot in this hero in my opinion.

The first spell is just like Goblin Techies' mines, not a new idea.

And this tunnel spell is so overpowered, it's like free wards all over the map. I think it shouldn't grant the hero vision over tunnels, and melee heroes must be able to attack the borrowed hero if they have a vision over him.

Also, a spell that grants solid damage isn't really a good idea, is it? I think this effect should be changed.

Magma Trap is like Goblin Techies' mine, but not everything skill has to be unique for the hero to be unique.

For the Tunnel spell, I didn't mean that you can see everything above the tunnel, but that the tunnel will be on the minimap for you and your teammates to see. I didn't make that very clear, sorry. On hindsight, I also agree that the burrowed hero should be able to be attacked by Melee heroes.

The reason why I want his spells to do damage is because I don't want him to be too dominant all by himself. The only disable he can use is his ultimate, so he will need his allies to slow enemies down so that he can catch up.

Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it :)

EDIT:
I made the changes I said I would, and decreased the maximum number of Magma traps to 2 at all levels, so that you cannot just stack 7 traps together like you can with techies. Also tweaked Volcanic edge a bit to make it deal less direct damage but a damage-over-time orb that stacks with other orb effects such as Orb of Venom.

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » September 25, 2013 3:14am | Report

This is a great hero! I love the balancing you've been doing. I was bored the other day and started joking around with paint and made this weird interpretation of this hero. It's just for laughs... yeah I really should stick to not-drawing (Dont hate me ;-;)

Almost missed your comment! Haha, the paint drawing :D

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved