Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Fake Town Portal Scroll

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Fake Town Portal Scroll 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Aukrust » August 11, 2016 10:44am | Report
Hi!

I would like to see the following item in Dota2:
Fake Town Portal Scroll.
It costs 25 gold and will act as a TP, except it will not teleport you. This way you can remove stress on towers or discourage tower divers.
Please build on the idea and I apologize if this idea has been posted before!

Peace!

Aukrust (QuartZ)

Aukrust

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sclipzer » August 12, 2016 4:53am | Report
Looks like an useful item in high level games. But I think that it is a bit too cheap. Make it 30-45 maybe?
Awesome item though. This would make life harder for alot of pushers. But can allies see if you use the fake one? Are they exactly identical, or when you use it your allies can see that it's fake?
Hero DPS and EHP Spreadsheet coming soon.

Sclipzer

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » August 12, 2016 8:46am | Report
Is it weird that when I saw the title, I assumed it was gonna be like a tp scroll that you find lying on the floor, especially of the roshan pit, and if an enemy picks it up, they will think they're tping somewhere else but just tp to your fountain and die?

Idea seems fine, though I think maybe it would have to be hidden from enemy's view of your inventory in order to be truly effective.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Aukrust » August 12, 2016 3:53pm | Report
I'm thinking allies sees it as a fake, kind of like how they see an illusion on a friendly hero as blue, while enemies see a complete replica.
For the inventory, it would either be invisible, or stacked like observer wards and sentry wards. For the hero holding the items they are different, but if enemy heroes check out the inventory, they will see two tp scrolls on the hero, not two different types.

Again, this is just a rough idea, but I think it would add more of an edge to supports, especially early game.

Peace!

Aukrust (QuartZ)

Aukrust

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved