Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Evoker, Invoker's counterpart

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Evoker, Invoker's counterpart 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by euquila » December 16, 2016 5:55pm | Report
Hey guys,

I had this idea I wanted to share (I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this)

Basically I feel that Invoker's Quas/Wex/Exort mechanic is so unique that it deserves another hero in the game who has 10 spells. Enter Evoker !

The main difference is that Evoker 'evokes' the orbs. They don't stay lingering above his head like they do for Invoker. As such, Evoker cannot queue up his spells; he must evoke them as he wants to cast them.

The spells I came up is more of a boilerplate than anything to demonstrate what is possible.
Anyways, please have a look :

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/5hu0xa/hero_suggestion_evoker_invokers_counterpart/?ref=share&ref_source=link

euquila

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Magnus Magus » February 11, 2017 11:30pm | Report
I hate to break it to you, but I hate this idea. Some of the spells are really nice (glaciate, for example) but the whole point of invoker is that he is unique.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

My hero and item ideas!

The Magnus Magus

Notable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by euquila » February 15, 2017 4:36am | Report
Thanks for the feedback.

I agree, having the 3 orbs is a big rip off. I will see if I can come up with an original hero and flavor that has more than 4 spells (which is my real goal).

euquila

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Magnus Magus » February 19, 2017 6:04pm | Report
Yeah. You can always just have 6 basic spells, which is kind of boring. Some other ideas have been to use the highest stat as a way of changing the spells available, sort of like troll. These are my favorite kind of ideas though. One possible way of doing it would be to have him summon minions.
Eg: ERZAN, the necromancer

Q - Summon Spirit, cd 75, 0 mana
W - Summon Skull Lord, cd 75, 0 mana
E - Summon Wight, cd 75, 0 mana
D - Inborn but can be leveled once, I have no idea what this is called, passive
R - Energetic Overload, cd 80, 300 mana

D - Allows the necromancer to create 1/2 minions. Can only be leveled at level 6.

R - For 10/25/40 seconds all the necromancer's units act as if they were 1 level higher. (Aghs gives this spell a cooldown equal to (its duration - 2) so mana is the only factor)

Now for the units. Each one has 5 levels (but can be leveled up to level 4 on the main hero). The first level gives the ability to summon it, but then levels 2-5 give them more abilities. At max level, the necromancer can choose from 9(12) spells. However, each summoned unit's spells uses mana from the necromancer, so to use them all he will need a huge mana pool (and good micro abilities).

Sorry if this kind of ruins the idea of coming up with your own hero, but that's why I didn't write any of the summoned units spells. I don't care if you use this idea btw, as even if we both make a hero on it it is likely they will be very different, and I probably won't use it anyway.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

My hero and item ideas!

The Magnus Magus

Notable (5)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved