Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Evil tree

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Evil tree 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Muscle Relaxer » July 8, 2012 8:12am | Report
Ok so if you've played hon, then you should remember the hero Deadwood. Back in the days of Hon and before Dota 2 was released, I used to play this hero often as he is an amazing hero to have on a team as well as being crazy fun to play. Basically he was the evil version of the treant protector and for that reason he has more destructive skills compared to his counterpart.

To sumarise his skills, Deadwood has a mixture of initiation, ganking, chasing, escaping and stuns/disabling skills.

The first skill is to summon roots in an AOE which traps and disables enemy units caught in it. Units trapped also take a certain amount of damage over time of the hold.

The second skill is to uproot a tree and use it as a temporary weapon for 5 hits. The uprooted tree can be also thrown to apply a slow onto a single target.

The third skill allows the hero to cut through trees, and have an increased movement speed.

The ultimate skill is a close range nuke attack. Deadwood punches a target which deals massive damage as well as a stun if the target survives.

So if Dota can release a similar hero it would be pretty awesome. There wouldn't be too many issues with copyright as HON has replicated a fair bunch of heroes from dota so it's only reasonable that Dota gets some sort of copying rights.

Muscle Relaxer

Steam: tnguyen_45
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by WorkPants » July 8, 2012 10:36am | Report
Best thing I could see happening concerning this is Treant Protector having Deadwood-esque cosmetics added to the game. Deadwood was pretty cool though for obvious, Deadwood Punch related reasons.

WorkPants

Notable (7)
Steam: Work Pants
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Alcatraz The Jaywalker » July 9, 2012 7:24pm | Report
Yeah he is pretty boss

Alcatraz The Jaywalker

Notable (2)
Steam: darkmatter478
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Alcatraz The Jaywalker » July 9, 2012 7:25pm | Report
Yeah he is pretty boss

Alcatraz The Jaywalker

Notable (2)
Steam: darkmatter478
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » July 16, 2012 3:19am | Report
Since all HoN heroes were taken from DotA, you'll always find here a match for each of them.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Glayde » August 13, 2012 9:03pm | Report
I dunno, he seems a bit strong...but I guess he's a nuker, with his massive damage ult.

My Hero Guides: Furion
My Ideas for Dota: Iron Guardian, Rafael, the Split Being
Check this out.

Glayde

Notable (13)
Steam: Zephyr
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved