Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

D'rer the Trickster

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » D'rer the Trickster 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by dedessert » January 13, 2018 5:05am | Report

D'rer the Trickster

D'rer the Trickster is a radiant melee agility hero specializing in restricting and confusing information to enemies, mainly via the "fake damage/health" mechanic. His spells has the added effect of inflicting mental crowd control by making enemies oblivious to their actual health, either intimidating them with fake damage taken from Ether Flare, or overconfident in killing a seemingly low-health D'rer with a much higher actual health owing to Feign. Brume completely veils information on every hero to enemies, confusing them tremendously.

While enemies see fake health indistinguishable to normal health, allies see a purple bar in place of health which enemies cannot see.

Mirage (Cooldown:20, Mana Cost:100, Target Ally)

Summons a mirage of the target allied hero which deals fake damage and has no vision. The illusion dies instantly when an enemy hero comes into close proximity of it, bursting into flames and dealing damage to nearby enemies.
Cast Range: (Global, Pure)
Illusion Attack Damage as Fake Damage: 100%
Illusion Health: 1 (+100% as fake health)
Check Radius:200
Burst Radius:350
Burst Damage:100/150/200/250

Feign (Cooldown:30/24/18/12, Mana Cost:80, No Target, Undispellable)

Grants the trickster damage reduction for 1 second or 3 attacks. From the enemy's point of view, the health bar appears as if they received full damage. If Trickster receives 3 damage instances during the buff, the duration of Feign increases by 0.5.
Damage Reduction: 40/50/60/70%
Resistance Duration:1
Fake Health Duration: 10

Ether Flare (Cooldown:25/20/15/10, Mana Cost:50/70/90/110, Magical, Target Enemy)

Unleashes a burning flare towards the target enemy, damaging them
Damage: 70/150/230/310
Cast Range: 350/400/450/500

Prop Flare (Cooldown:25/20/15/10, Mana Cost:15, Magical, Target Enemy)

Unleashes a fake flare towards the target enemy which deals no damage. However, enemies still see the affected unit's health bar as if they were damaged. Levels up alongside Ether Flare
Fake Damage: 70/150/230/310
Fake Health Duration: 10
Cast Range:350/400/450/500

Mock-up (Cooldown: 300,Mana Cost:0,Innate)

Replaces the selected inventory slot, empty or occupied, of the target hero witb a fake version of an item of choice which gives no benefits. If replacing an occupied slot, the occupying item's benefit persists.
Cast range:150
Duration: 600

Brume (Cooldown:100/75/50, Mana Cost:200, No Target, Pierces Spell Immunity)

Shrouds every hero in brume, hiding their figure, health bar, and inventory to enemies and from the minimap. Shrouded heroes appear as a mist cloud which can be targetted and attacked, though identity and health hidden.
Duration: 10

dedessert

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Magnus Magus » January 13, 2018 3:52pm | Report
This hero is so good... I cant believe it.

My only complaints are with his ultimate and horcrux. It is ridiculously overpowered to have team non-breakable invisiblility with no indication of where they are for 10 seconds. I would recommend that heroes lose the buff once they attack or cast a spell, and increase the cooldown by 50.

With Horcrux it just seems like its there to be there. I don't think it adds much to the hero or to the game; it can't be used in conjunction with other spells at all, and so it just exists.

Mirages damage should be 100/175/250/325. I also personally feel it should be pure.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

My hero and item ideas!

The Magnus Magus

Notable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by dedessert » January 13, 2018 4:35pm | Report
My apologies, my wording was quite misleading for the ulti. Theyre not actually invisible. You can still target them like normal, but their model is replaced with a shroud of mist. Basically you can see, attack and target veiled enemies, but you dont know who youre targetting.

And yeah you got me on Horcrux, it was there just for the theme of a trickster. Tbh I needed an ability which lets drer scale with items and it was 2 am so yeah. Hopefully an idea pops up to solve this. Or i could make him an intelligence hero instead

Again, 2 am. Completely forgot to add scaling damage for mirage. Grateful for the heads up!

dedessert

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved