Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Crossguard and its Upgrades (Possible Solution for PA Issues?)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Crossguard and its Upgrades (Possible Solution for PA Issues?) 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » June 3, 2016 5:59am | Report
With all the hypes going around with PA being a trash hero, I find it hard to fathom. I've always liked the hero (not too good with her though), and I don't think her skillset is bad, at all. The only thing I can think of changing her would probably to make Blur into the old Backtrack. I think the issue is not on the hero itself, but rather because currently there is no damage item that works with her (I think someone said this already).

Anyway, as I'm working with my FoC idea, I somehow stumbled upon an idea for an item (for the Warrior's Quest). Anddd, at the end of the day I made a whole set of items that I don't think I'll post for FoC, so.... enjoy?

Crossguard

Cost: 1050
Bonus: +12 attack damage
+10% magic resistance

A simple sword carried around by cardinals as amulet to ward off evil spirits

Regalia

Crossguard – 1050
Helm of the Dominator – 1800
Cloak – 550
Total Cost: 3400

Item Effect:
+ 15% lifesteal (Unique Attack Modifier)
+ 35 attack damage
+ 25% magic resistance
+ 5 armor
+ 5 health regeneration

+ Royal Blood (Passive: Everytime the holder receives 600 magic or pure damage before reduction within 1 second duration, increases the lifesteal by an additional 50% for 3 seconds. Has 12 seconds cooldown.)

Armaments of a fallen king, filled with hatred against the mages that slaid him

Martyr’s Cross

Regalia – 3400
Sacred Relic – 3800
Total Cost: 7200

Item Effect:
+ 15% lifesteal (Unique Attack Modifier)
+ 100 attack damage
+ 25% magic resistance
+ 5 armor
+ 5 health regeneration

+ Martyr’s Blood (Passive: Everytime the holder receives 1200 damage before calculation within 1 second duration, increases the lifesteal by an additional 65% for 3 seconds. Has 9 seconds cooldown.)

+ Martyrdom (Active: Receive 400 pure damage to cast hard dispel on yourself, usable while disabled. The damage counts into activating Martyr’s Blood, cannot be used to deny yourself. Has 70 seconds cooldown.)

The length of her pain becomes the cross that keeps up her smile

Emerald Bolts

Crossguard – 1050
Blade of Alacrity - 1000
Quelling Blade – 200
Recipe - 250
Total Cost: 2500

Item Effects:
+ 20 damage
+ 10% magic resistance
+ 15 agility

+ Bolts (Active: Grants 40 extra physical damage before any calculation for 6 attacks / 15 seconds and remove the effect of this item until off cooldown. Has 30 seconds cooldown from activation)

+ Greater Quell (Grants 60%/25% extra damage to non-hero units)

These emerald bolts will show their true strength when they meet a worthy bow

Wyrmbreath

Emerald Bolts – 2500
Eaglesong – 3200
Total Cost: 5700

Item Effects:
+ 25 damage
+ 15% magic resistance
+ 45 agility

+ Wyrmbreath (Active: Grants 35% extra total damage before any calculation for 6 attacks / 10 seconds, has 30 seconds cooldown from activation)

A deadly crossbow without known origin, a bolt it shoots is said to be as strong as a breath of the mightiest dragons.

Enchanted Sigil

Crossguard – 1050
Orb of Venom – 275
Ring of Aquila – 985
Recipe: 1090
Total Cost: 3400

Item Effect:
+ 25 attack damage
+ 10% magic resistance
+ 5 strength
+ 10 agility
+ 5 intelligence

+ Sigil Aura (Aura: 8% slow to all enemy heroes within 600 radius, 2 MP regeneration and 3 armor bonus for allies within 900 radius)

+ Enchanted Strike (Active: Mini-stun an enemy unit, doesn’t pierce magic immunity or block, has 40 seconds cool down and 200 cast range)

A sigil enchanted over time by multiple charms and enchantments
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » June 3, 2016 6:40am | Report
I approve of these items.

I definitely agree that the game needs more damage items. However the hate for magic seems a bit overdone. Let all damage items give magic resistance because f*** magic XD

The last item seems pretty OP. I like the idea, but the ability to cancel Town Portal Scrolls completely breaks the game on certain heroes. Bloodseeker, Broodmother, Slark...among others. Well, now that Drum of Endurance was pretty much killed by OSFrog, you need a replacement for fighting carries, right?

Also, yes, Martyr's cross would fix PA, no doubt here. I'd be picking her if the item existed.

Actually, make an item like that (even nerfed, as long as the 100 damage and the buildup from helm stays), and change Blur to a backtrack, instantly PA is one of the best heroes in the game.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » June 3, 2016 7:28am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:
I approve of these items.

I definitely agree that the game needs more damage items. However the hate for magic seems a bit overdone. Let all damage items give magic resistance because f*** magic XD

The last item seems pretty OP. I like the idea, but the ability to cancel Town Portal Scrolls completely breaks the game on certain heroes. Bloodseeker, Broodmother, Slark...among others. Well, now that Drum of Endurance was pretty much killed by OSFrog, you need a replacement for fighting carries, right?

Also, yes, Martyr's cross would fix PA, no doubt here. I'd be picking her if the item existed.

Actually, make an item like that (even nerfed, as long as the 100 damage and the buildup from helm stays), and change Blur to a backtrack, instantly PA is one of the best heroes in the game.

Yeah, I was actually building this whole thing from the Martyr's Cross, and I needed an item that can make Regalia increase magic resistance more substantially than the 15% of Cloak, and 2 Cloak would be silly, as well as giving extra damage. So, I came out with the Crossguard, and expanded from there, making the damage items with magic resistance lol

But I think it's okay, considering that there are no damage items with spell resistance, and there are damage items without spell resistance (just that they're not viable on PA). Like, taking Wyrmbreath would roughly equals to same DPS as Butterfly (and same price as well), but Butterfly is much stronger defensively compared to Wyrmbreath with the active. I guess they're just situational.

About the Enchanted Sigil... Well, I know it's kinda too good lol. Thing is, I designed this item as early ganking item, so it cannot be too expensive (I used Desolator as benchmark). So, I decided to remove Bracer from the materials and increase the recipe cost substantially, reducing the stats in process and making it harder to buy. What do you think now?

Anyhow, thanks a bunch Hamster! :D
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » June 3, 2016 7:35am | Report
Honestly I think that Cross and Sigil are vastly overpowered(0 cast point dark pact and 900 range slow aura are easily one of the most broken things in the game) and the rest is really underwhelming.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » June 3, 2016 8:01am | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

Honestly I think that Cross and Sigil are vastly overpowered(0 cast point dark pact and 900 range slow aura are easily one of the most broken things in the game) and the rest is really underwhelming.

I agree that Sigil is overpowered, I've tried to nerf it down, but I think the 8% slow is not even that huge (like 1 Wind Lace for 3400 gold item). What do you think if I just reduce the aura range to 600? However, the Cross, I think it's suitable for the most expensive item in the game (7200, even more than Bloodthorn) with 70 seconds cooldown, no?

Also, I don't see how the Bolts and Wyrmbreath is underwhelming, really. At first I was trying not to be OP, actually. I mean, Bolts give 20 damage and 15 agi (35 damage for agi heroes) and an extra 40 crit-able damage for 6 attacks, all for a measly 2500 gold! Wyrmbreath's active gives 35% of total damage (also crit-able), basically increasing 35% of your DPS for the six hits on top of the high agi and damage it gives.

Thanks, Dimony!
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » June 3, 2016 9:04am | Report
Maybe Marty cross/Regalia being built from mask of madness instead of helm of dominator ? the item really need an upgrade (a late one), you can remove the Damage amplifier ( the most overrated **** in dota history) and place the Magic resistence, also it would not be broken because your item have mekanisms of self damage, so it is not broken i think XD, also it would add AS and MS to your active ( although it is not what PA, just trying to be realistic here, the frog might buff or make an upgrade to mask of madness very very soon)

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » June 3, 2016 4:35pm | Report
YellulzQuiet wrote:

built from mask of madness

Shadowmark

Mask of Madness + 2x Demon Edge (6600 gold)

+115 damage
+20% lifesteal

Active : Thirst of steel
Active only available on melee heroes. Causes the wielder to instantly blink to the nearest enemy within a 800 range, issuing an attack order on the target, and slowing the target by 60% for 1 second on the first hit. After 3.5 seconds, the wielder jumps back to his initial position.
Wielder gains +100 attack speed, and a 30% increased chance to all randomness based effects during that time ; however he takes 25% extra damage. Effect ends when the target dies or when the 3.5 seconds run out.
25 mana cost, 25 second cooldown. Blink goes through spell immmunity, slow does not.
All randomness multipliers are multiplied by 1.3. For example Troll Warlord's bash chance will be increased from 10% to 13%

The blade of a legendary assassin, notorious for forming a perfect bond with its wielder. However, looking at their duo, you can never know which of the two is the master, and which is the instrument for murder.

I think PA will be happy with that one.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » June 3, 2016 5:48pm | Report
I think it's slightly broken. :D

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved