Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Couriers...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Couriers... 19 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Detritus » July 31, 2012 7:54pm | Report
Hello all!
Not sure if this should be in this forum, but the admins can move me if I am in the wrong spot.
Anyway,
I was thinking that when we summon the courier, each hero should have a custom thing that they say. Like, we have things they say when they get kills, things they say when they're just walking along, first blood, etc. But, when summoning the courier, they say nothing! It's just like a magical communication; they don't say anything, and I find it a bit weird. Also, there may be different ones for the various custom couriers that can be found/bought.

So, one of the things I thought might be funny would be, like, quoting Shakespeare:
"A Donkey, A Donkey, My Kingdom for a Donkey."
Because the courier is a donkey.
Also, this thing is a little silly, but the couriers could spawn with a custom name. (Paul?) There's a story behind that, but it's really silly and boring, so yeah.

But anyway, I think this thread can be used for suggestions on things the heroes can say (preferably for specific heroes, although there could be some more general ones) and also feedback on the idea itself. Thanks!

Detritus

Notable (3)
Steam: loudee1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Iratesniper » July 31, 2012 8:06pm | Report
I agree, good idea :)

Iratesniper

Notable (5)
Steam: Iratesniper
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Detritus » July 31, 2012 8:16pm | Report
Even the Paul part? and do you have any suggestions for what heroes should say?

Detritus

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sarcy » July 31, 2012 8:39pm | Report
Wouldn't be a stretch for them with new heroes, but adding more voice content to already released heroes would mean they would need to get all the voice actors back for a single line. Awesome idea however I don't think it would come to fruition.

Sarcy

Remarkable (27)
Steam: Sarcyn_
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Alcatraz The Jaywalker » July 31, 2012 8:40pm | Report
What about each courier has a different set of names they can randomly chose from.

Alcatraz The Jaywalker

Notable (2)
Steam: darkmatter478
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » July 31, 2012 8:48pm | Report
I actually really like this idea and I've made a post at dev.dota about this and made some quotes, hope they're good o.o!

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=49506&p=304517#post304517

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Iratesniper » July 31, 2012 11:03pm | Report
"Red-boar gives you wings!" -Flying Mighty Boar

Best one ^

Iratesniper

Notable (5)
Steam: Iratesniper
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Detritus » July 31, 2012 11:40pm | Report
Nubtrain wrote:

I actually really like this idea and I've made a post at dev.dota about this and made some quotes, hope they're good o.o!

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=49506&p=304517#post304517

Coolz! Mention my name?
Also, any way to combine quotes? I don't like to double-post, but I want to reply to everyone, so I'm gunna have to do it this way.

@Sarcyn:
Yeah, I was not sure how they did the voices. But, if the voice actors don't actually do more than one recording, (seems a bit ineffiecient) and they don't have them on standby to record more stuff, it could be a lot harder... I wasn't even quite seriously suggesting that it be put in the game, just seeing what everyone thought.

Also, Alctraz and a few of my other friends deserve some credit for this idea, as they helped me develop it during some games with them.

Detritus

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » August 1, 2012 4:16am | Report
Hmm, that's a nice idea. But I doubt it will happen :(
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Great F8 » August 1, 2012 5:19am | Report
+Rep for a cute idea.

Great F8

Notable (3)
Steam: Great F8

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved