Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Cid the Triumphant Lord (Spain legend)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Cid the Triumphant Lord (Spain legend) 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » September 27, 2014 7:23am | Report

Cid the Triumphant Lord

It's been very long since I last posted, so here is one hero. This hero is inspired from Spain legend of El Cid and his blade La Tizona (google it! And, no, I am not a Spanish). This hero is designed to be a very strong that is practically unbeatable in a 1v1 situation, but after he is level 6, his ultimate skill can very well change the tide of team fight.

Statistics

Faction: The Radiant
Primary Attribute: Strength
Attack Type: Melee
Roles: Durable, Semi-Carry

Str: 110 at 25 (26 + 3.5/level)
Agi: 60 at 25 (19+ 1.7/level)
Int: 50 at 25 (14 + 1.5/level)

Health: 2240 at 25
MP: 650 at 25
Armor: 13 (4.4 base armor + 8.6) at 25
Movement: 300
Range: 100 (Melee)

Lore

The moon grew dim, and a silhouette was seen in a room so dark. The silhouette sighed, for he knew that his time was not long anymore. He continued looking up as the moon hid deeper and deeper inside the cloud, leaving the room enclosed with darkness. All of a sudden a strike of light flashed, a brilliant light so blinding that Cid-the silhouette-could not help but look away.

With the light came roaring a sound, and the Omniscience reveals Itself on him. Led to belief that the Omniscience is one of his believed Saints, Cid agreed to follow the Omniscience, and the moment he took Omniscience's hand, his soul withdrew from his body, leaving one plane to another.

On his wake, Cid felt his body revitalized. His terrible hunger from months' famine was sated, and his once old body felt like a youth once more. He didn't notice that he was in a battlefield; he didn't notice that he was in his armor. Bedazzled, he suddenly took a bolt of flame on his shoulder. In that single moment, he noticed the power he once held coming inside his body again, rushing in a single moment of vigor. Cid smiles, thinking that this is another chance for him to fight a holy fight for his Saints, he charges into a horde of Dire creeps, eager to shout the victory cry like he used to. From this moment on, the legend of Cid the Triumphant Lord is foretold in this plane.

Skills

[Q] Vigor Rush: In the midst of battle, Cid's courage flows overwhelmingly and rushes throughout his body, increasing his strength and causing enemies to lose their vigor. In the duration, every attack Cid does drains one point of enemy strength and gives Cid increased strength for short duration. Additionally, Cid also receives bonus attack and move speed. Status returned after the duration.

- 1 point of strength each point taken, 8% bonus speed
- 2 points of strength each point taken, 10% bonus speed
- 3 points of strength each point taken, 12% bonus speed
- 4 points of strength each point taken, 15% bonus speed

Type: No Target
Affects: Self, Enemy heroes

MP cost: 60/80/100/125
Cool down: 30/22/15/8 seconds
Duration: 6 seconds

Charge!!!

[] Unstopped Triumph: Cid's resolution in battle is unrivaled that nothing can stand in his way and his goal. This skill automatically dispels any stun and movement speed slow to Cid as long as this skill is off cooldown. Under Victory Cry, the cooldown is 6/5/4/3 seconds for each hero and lasts until the duration of Victory Cry ends.

- 30 seconds cooldown
- 24 seconds cooldown
- 18 seconds cooldown
- 12 seconds cooldown

Type: Passive
Affects: Self

I. MUST. NOT. STOP. HERE!

[] Tizona: The famed blade of Cid is known for its power that changes according to the wielder's strength. This skill passively increases the effect of strength attribute of Cid, changing the HP increase per point (originally 19) and damage per point (originally 1). When Victory Cry is used, allied heroes receive the same amount of change as Cid, not based on their strength.

- 22 HP and 1.2 damage
- 24 HP and 1.4 damage
- 26 HP and 1.6 damage
- 28 HP and 1.8 damage

Type: Passive
Affects: Self

La Tizona, Dominus Te***

[R] Victory Cry: After uncountable number of victories, Cid's faith in his victory is unrivaled by anything even in the face of seemingly lost battle, and he has learnt to impart it to his allies. This skill grants extra HP regeneration and armor, as well as the effects of Vigor Rush, Tizona and Unstopped Triumph to allied heroes within 600 points radius until duration expires. Can be removed with purge/dispel.

- 3 seconds duration
- 4.5 seconds duration
- 6 seconds duration

Type: No Target
Affects: Allied Heroes

MP cost: 160
Cool down: 60/45/30 seconds
HP regeneration bonus: 50
Armor bonus: 10

Do not falter! Victory is already at hand!
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » September 27, 2014 10:53am | Report
Oh, a Yzreel hero. Well, let's evaluate what we got here.

Lore: 5/5. Well written, has dramatic flair. I like it.

Originality: 4/5. The concept of a leader type who is an awesome manfighter is not new, however, I like some of your approaches and concepts on how to make this hero. Like changing the stat for strength, or the strength sapping.

Balance: 2/5. Numbers can be tweaked. His skills are fine for the most part. The secondary effect of his ult (the one that applies the other skills) seems a bit powerful to include normally, and seems more like a Scepter upgrade. His stat gain, especially how high both his strength and agility are, is a tad high too. Tizona is also rather powerful, because at level 25, without skilling anything and without any items, he has 3200 hp, which is way higher than even Centaur.

Synergy: 4/5. Skills all help his ability to tank and manfight. This works out.

Comments: I like the concept of the hero. In the current theory, he seems a bit too powerful, but this might be balanced by his lack of crowd control. I don't think I can see the hero being played as anything other than a farming carry however.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » September 27, 2014 1:11pm | Report
Thanks Cuttleboss for the comments, and I'm flattered about your opinion on my lore. Trust me, it's a lot (especially considering how the third FoC is about lore writing). I'm thankful that you like me hero and I also think that this hero is rather unbalanced, but I must contest on some points:
  • What you say is the secondary effect of Victory Cry is actually the primary point, and it is the whole point on taking the skill. It might seem a little too strong, but it only lasts for 6 seconds at most, hardly comparable to Guardian Angel that lasts 10 seconds.
  • About the stats, I think I did make the strength a bit too high... However, I do not agree that the agility is high, it is mediocre at most. Don't forget the intelligence though, his int is practically the lowest in the game. Nonetheless, it seems reasonable to lower the str, how high do you suggest?
  • Well, it is certainly true that at level 25 Tizona is really, really powerful. However, it is one skill slot that is taken for an almost useless passive early on that could go into a stun or slow or escape mechanism. I think it justifies itself in the earlier part of the game?
  • Lastly, this hero might seems as a strong hard carry. However, if we simulate a real game, this hero is more of a teamfight hero rather than a farming carry. Starting from level 6 he can lead his entire team to dive tower one and sustaining minimum damage because of Unstopped Triumph and Vigor Rush. Also, this hero is quite a good hero for offlane, I must say. Vigor Rush is not too bad as escape mechanism and Unstopped Triumph is a treasure in offlane situation, while Tizona gives the additional HP pool to survive. All these, paired up with the usefulness of his ultimate skill makes him a great offlaner, no?

Thank you for your feedback, I've written my reply on it and I hope to see you more :)
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » September 27, 2014 2:26pm | Report
Victory Cry is quite powerful, I suppose the only part of it that bugged me as overpowered was the 3 CD Unstopped Triumph for every team member is insane. The strength sapping potential also seemed like a lot, but after some thought, it's not that dangerous unless combined with Battle Trance.
I guess it would also help to mention how it could be purged, like for Guardian Angel, it can be removed from everyone with a Purge on the Omniknight.

As for his stat growth, I think he should have it one of two ways. At this current point, he has higher agility growth than almost every strength hero besides Magnus and Slardar. I'm okay with it if you give his strength a nerf. Alternatively, he can have high strength, but receive an agility gain nerf so he does not naturally attack fast (like how Wraith King, Lifestealer, and Tiny do not have much agility growth). I think that if you have something that increases the return power of strength, his natural strength should be lower so he'll have to build items to capitalize on it.

So, I would suggest either:
A: Str: 2.7 per level. Agility: 2.3 per level
B: Str: 3.2 per level Agility: 1.7 per level.

In a hero I designed, Cosmic Crawler, he is a carry who gets stats as time scales. However, in order to limit his power, I made his natural stats and growth bad.

Also, when I said "farming carry", I meant more along the lines of "safelane farmer" referring to his laning.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » September 27, 2014 6:39pm | Report
I think this hero concept is great and I love the lore (it has a couple of grammatical errors, but it's still good overall). Each spell suits his playstyle perfectly, which is as a general charging into battle. Even though he needs some farm, he looks as though he excels in the mid-game and is still relevant late game thanks to the bonuses from Tizona and the dispel from Unstopped Triumph.

Overall, I don't think it is overpowered, but a decrease in strength and agility gains should be in order.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » September 27, 2014 10:06pm | Report
Alright, I have done the following:
  • Stated that it is purgable and dispelable
  • Reduced the base agility and agility growth to 19+1.7
  • Tried to fix the grammar errors in lore
What I need to say:
@Cuttleboss
  • I know that you meant he is best as safelane carry, but because you said that he cannot be used in other role, I stated that he can be quite a good offlaner as well.
  • I must say the 3 seconds cooldown is not too strong, I mean, only idiots will waste stun and slow after seeing Victory Cry. Also, 3 seconds cooldown means that it can only dispel once in level 1 Victory Cry and 2 in higher level (if enemies are stupid)
@Porygon
  • Thanks a lot Pory, I'm a lot more confident now for FoC 3 lol
  • I've fixed some grammar error
  • Would be nice to see you again :)
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » September 28, 2014 7:47am | Report
Great idea...

So W is like Linken's?

And you could dispel Ravage for your entire team with R? On a 30 sec. cooldown?

I think I got something wrong.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » September 28, 2014 11:43am | Report
Thanks Sofa :)
Oh, I forgot to mention that it only dispels the next stun/slow, not the current stun/slow (unlike Aphotic Shield). It is possible that Ravage is dispelled, but it requires the enemies to use Ravage while the victory cry is active (a.k.a stupid)
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ElDiablo » September 29, 2014 9:58pm | Report
This hero idea is great.

Only problem i found is the heal that his ult gives. 50 hp per second for 6 seconds seems too much for me.

But in the end that's just my opinion.

Like i earlier said great idea!
Master of the hidden art of typoing and the greatest enemy of RNGesus

Check out my second hero idea Izinaga the Guardian

ElDiablo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (10)
Steam: ElDiablo
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » October 4, 2014 5:05am | Report
ElDiablo wrote:

This hero idea is great.

Only problem i found is the heal that his ult gives. 50 hp per second for 6 seconds seems too much for me.

But in the end that's just my opinion.

Like i earlier said great idea!

Sorry for the WAYYY late reply, I had some trouble with my laptop and have just gotten it fixed. Anyway, thanks for your opinion on my hero :)
I think that the heal is actually a rather not-so-important part of the ultimate skill, so if more people think that the heal is too much I can just erase the healing effect, what do you guys think?
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved