Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Banisher's Edge

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Banisher's Edge 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » May 20, 2014 8:57am | Report

Banisher's Edge

Requirements:
Shadow Amulet: 1600 gold
Crystalys: 2150 gold
Gloves of Haste: 500 gold
Blades of Attack: 450 gold

Total cost: 4600

Passive
Critical Strike: 30% chance to deal 1.75 times damage

Active
Banishment: Target an enemy hero, removing him and yourself from enemies' minimap, disabling the target hero to ping and use his microphone for 5 seconds (can still type normal chat). Additionally, the target hero has 10% of his movement and attack speed stolen and given to you. Units under Banishment (both you and target) cannot be damaged except by each other, but can still be effected by spells (without damage). This active can also be used on self to disappear from enemies' minimap for 8 seconds (not invisible).

Mana cost: 50 MP
Cooldown: 25 seconds

Bonus: 40 damage and 45 attack speed

A blade said capable to banish any opponents from their friends' sights

This item is used as a ganking/roaming item as an altenative to Orchid Malevolence rush. This item practically disable any reinforcements until it is too late, and capability to finish enemy quicker with a 30% critical strike, bonus damage and attack speed.

However, it can also be used on self for escape purpose and pushing purpose. You can pop the effect on self and disappear from enemies' minimap, imagine if you are Nature's Prophet xD
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Eightfold » May 20, 2014 9:04am | Report
the only thing I could think of while reading this was "think of the fourth wall!"
There's no earthy way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing, or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining, is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of Hell a-glowing? Is the grisly Reaper mowing?! YES! The danger must be growing! For the rowers keep on rowing! And there's certainly not showing ANY SIGNS THAT THEY ARE SLOWING!

Hit that Rep button, you know you want to.

Eightfold

Notable (9)
Steam: Lord Indoril Nerevar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » May 20, 2014 10:01am | Report
I... Did not think about that. LOL! I feel so stupid now, this item is practically useless in LAN or real tournament.
So... what do you suggest?
How about making it has less duration (say, 5 seconds), but doesn't allow any units other than you/the target to deal damage to both units under Banishment? (can still be stunned/slowed/effected)
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Eightfold » May 20, 2014 10:17am | Report
Sounds good to me. It sounds like a pseudo- Duel now.
There's no earthy way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing, or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining, is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of Hell a-glowing? Is the grisly Reaper mowing?! YES! The danger must be growing! For the rowers keep on rowing! And there's certainly not showing ANY SIGNS THAT THEY ARE SLOWING!

Hit that Rep button, you know you want to.

Eightfold

Notable (9)
Steam: Lord Indoril Nerevar

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved