Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Balanced Manica

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Balanced Manica 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SilencersCurse » June 10, 2013 6:32pm | Report

Balance Manica

- components: Wraith Band, Bracer, Null Talisman, Magic Wand.(Item only increases effect of magic, pure or composite type abilities)

Cost:2009
+12 all stats
+9 Damage
Effect: Increase the effect of your spells for every 10 intellect you have.
Effect2: Restore 15 health and mana for every spells used by any hero ally or enemy.

This item now scales like armor and only effects the effect of a spell and no longer effects ultimates. The effect scales like this...

Intellect Spell amplification (%)
10 - 5.7%
20 - 10.7%
30 - 15.3%
40 - 19.4%
50 - 23.1%
60 - 26.5%
70 - 29.6%
80 - 32.4%
90 - 35.1%
100 - 37.5%
110 - 39.8%
120 - 41.9%
130 - 43.8%
140 - 45.7%
150 - 47.4%
160 - 49.0%
170 - 50.5%
180 - 51.9%
190 - 53.3%
200 - 54.5%
210 - 55.8%
220 - 56.9%
230 - 58.0%
240 - 59.0%
250 - 60.0%

Some examples of how the item would effect spells....

Crystal Maiden
Intellect 63

Level 4 Frost Nova: Without item
Damage: 250
Slow: 30% MS 20% AS

Level 4 Frost Nova: With item
Damage: 316
Slow: 38% MS 25% AS

Bloodseeker
Intellect 54

Level 1 Bloodrage:Without item

Effect: Increase damage by 30% and takes 20 HP per second

Level 1 Bloodrage: With item

Effect: Increase damage by 37% and takes 24.6 HP per second

Pudge
Intellect 42

Level 4 Meat Hook: Without item

Effect:Damage: 360

Level 4 Meat Hook: With item

Effect:Damage: 430

Hope you enjoy the idea I always thought there should be a way to make spells scale better and this was my idea. I think this item would be mostly sought out by late game supports or high damage nukers.

SilencersCurse

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jaslam » June 11, 2013 2:01am | Report
this isn't LOL bro - don't like this idea personally..

jaslam

Remarkable (21)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Shinko96 » June 11, 2013 4:43am | Report
Did you see the damage of Frost Nova? 400 is painful enough and now 500+? Damn, man. The item idea is nice but just not suitable for some heroes.

Shinko96

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by frogger_29 » June 11, 2013 5:42am | Report
Would be imba on intelligence heroes, especially Outworld Devourer. And how does this item work exactly? Does it only improve one skill, or your entire skillset? Does it only improve damage, or will stun duration be affected? Does it work on passive abilities or not? For me, this is clearly a broken item since it acts like a mini- Aghanim's Scepter. So, no.

frogger_29

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SilencersCurse » June 11, 2013 12:52pm | Report
Shinko96 wrote:

Did you see the damage of Frost Nova? 400 is painful enough and now 500+? Damn, man. The item idea is nice but just not suitable for some heroes.

Don't know where you got those numbers from, Frost Nova is 250 and is 400+ with the item and it works based off of intellect and a crystal maiden probably wont get much intel items so it would probably have even less effect than what I put.

SilencersCurse

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SilencersCurse » June 11, 2013 12:53pm | Report
jaslam wrote:

this isn't LOL bro - don't like this idea personally..

I'm sorry I forgot LOL invented spell scaling my bad, I hope they don't sue.

SilencersCurse

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SilencersCurse » June 11, 2013 1:31pm | Report
frogger_29 wrote:

Would be imba on intelligence heroes, especially Outworld Devourer. And how does this item work exactly? Does it only improve one skill, or your entire skillset? Does it only improve damage, or will stun duration be affected? Does it work on passive abilities or not? For me, this is clearly a broken item since it acts like a mini- Aghanim's Scepter. So, no.

True it would be powerful on high intellect heroes, but BKB and Pipe would strongly counteract most of its effect if not all. The item effects any magic, pure, or composite spells, it does not effect items like dagon or maelstrom.

Lets do some numbers on this item on a late game Destroyer and lets say he has level 4 astral imprisoned 2 times for the int buff.

Outworld Destroyer

Level: 20
Intellect:207
Items: Guinsoo's Scythe of Vyse , Force Staff, Balance Manica , Shiva Guard, Black King Bar, Power Treads (Int)

Arcane Orb: Without Item
Level 4
Effect: Deals 9% of your current remaining mana. Deals 400 bonus damage to illusions and summoned units

Arcane Orb: With Item
Level 4
Effect: Deals 14% of your current remaining mana. Deals 618 bonus damage to illusions and summoned units

Astral Imprisonment: Without Item
Level 4
Effect:10 Int exchange

Astral Imprisonment: With Item
Level 4
Effect:15 Int exchange

Essence Aura
: Without Item
Level 4
Effects:40% chance to restore. Increases base mana by 300.

Essence Aura: With Item
Level 4
Effects:62% chance to restore. Increases base mana by 463.

Edit: Reworked the numbers to show the effects of the new effect of the item. The effect is still pretty high but I think its fine since its a scaling item and if you have insane farm than the effect from it should good.

SilencersCurse

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » June 11, 2013 2:48pm | Report

So in conclusion it seems pretty balanced to me haha, guess it will need some sorta scaling effect like armor or something, but then again 207intellect is nuts that's a 103% increase of the power of his spells.

Haha, this item does not need ANY buff at all, its completely broken on intelligence heroes, as previously established. Guess how much arcane orb does? 490 + 207 damage (not even counting in bonus damage from any item or even base damage). That's 490 damage provided by a 2000 gold item! Of course, you'll need many items to achieve this kind of damage, but the components would need to cost more to make it a late-game item.

By the way, putting this on Pugna would completely break the game.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mirror » June 11, 2013 3:12pm | Report
Like poygon361 said, if pugna used his ultimate on you, dead hero.

Dazzle would get a huge increase on his shallow grave and his armor reduction.

I am shocked that no one has talked about Lich, Chain frost would melt teams more.

Skywrath mage would become the best cary in the game by far.

Enigmas Black hole would never end

The damage QoP could have would be unholy.

Lion and Lina could one shot most heroes.

Lesh could kill towers in one edict

Silencer could destroy teams with his Silence+Glaives

Zues.

If this item would be added, it will not, it would rework the entire game. That is something valve is not looking to do.
My lone druid starting items are 12 Iron wood branches, 6 for the hero and 6 for the bear. Even if the bear does not get stats more twigs are OP on any hero.

Mirror

Remarkable (22)
Steam: TC | Shooting Star
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SilencersCurse » June 11, 2013 7:07pm | Report
Ya I understand its an overpowered item on carries I think it needs to have diminishing returns in some way to make it weaker the more int you have yet still make it benifical for stacking int.

SilencersCurse

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved