Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ashk'Orcharos, the Fiend from Beyond

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Ashk'Orcharos, the Fiend from Beyond 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » May 6, 2015 6:25am | Report
An item-independant hard carry.

Not an oxymoron.

Can it work?

Ashk'Orcharos, the Fiend from Beyond

Stats
Base Health: 435
Base Mana: 195
Base Armour: 1
Base Damage: 37-39 (38)
Base Attack Time: 1.7
Range: 410
Movement Speed: 285
Sight: 1800/800

Strength: 55 (15 + 1.6)
Agility: 62 (17 + 1.8)
Intelligence: 55 (15 + 1.6)

The ever-twilight city in Rael Hollow has no name, personified only by the foul rituals and dark horrors committed within its shaded walls. It is unknown what exactly the Warlock Lords of the city intend with their great symphony of haemomancy, flesh-crafting, demonology and torment - yet all know of one horror, one critical mistake, that Rael Hollow has unleashed from its baleful laboratories - one summoning that presaged a cataclysm that sent the city reeling.

It is said that if you stare long enough into the abyss, the abyss will stare back, and that was discovered with horrifying truth during the summoning of a great lord of the Dark Void. Ashk'Orcharos entered the world, true, but his summoners had made one key mistake - the blood sacrifice was not enough to bind such a creature. Screaming his freedom, the Fiend from Beyond ate his summoners and erupted into reality, a tornado of shadows that ruptured Rael Hollow. Still the Fiend hunts to seal his blood ritual - and with every being he devours, the worlds of the Void and ours draw ever closer�

Hero Notes
-Does not follow the normal ability levelling process.
-Has one inbuilt passive.
-Has five non-ultimate spells with 5 levels. Cannot naturally level his ultimate, so each skill has 5 levels.
-Gets his ultimate once all his spells are learned. This ultimate has but one level.

Innate Passive: From Far Beyond
Ashk'Orcharos drains power from the life around him to fuel his transition to the mortal plane. Every kill he makes, be it creep or Hero, grants him a stack of Manifestation. Manifestation improves the Fiend's other abilities. At certain thresholds, Manifestation stacks grant him bonus attributes and effects.
3: Bonus 3 armour.
10: Bonus 15 base damage.
35: Base attack time reduced to 1.6.
50: +30 movement speed.
75: +150 base health and +75 base mana.
100: +10 to Strength, Agility and Intelligence.
150: A further +50 movement speed.
200: Bonus 20 base damage and 5 armour.
250: +750 base health and 300 base mana.
300: Bonus 6 HP regeneration and 2 mana regeneration.
350: +15 to Strength, Agility and Intelligence.
400: +5 to Strength, Agility and Intelligence. From here on, every 50 Manifestation grants +5 to all stats.

Q: Lingering Death
Affects: Enemy Units
Damage: Pure
Pierces Spell Immunity: No

The Fiend from Beyond focuses his malevolent energies on the target, dealing damage and slowing them considerably. Ashk'Orcharos is healed for a percentage of the damage dealt. Slow and damage increase per stack of Manifestation.
Base Damage: 30/50/70/90/110
Damage per Manifestation: 1.5
Base Slow: 10%
Slow per Manifestation: 0.2
Slow Duration: 3
Heal: 10%/20%/30%/40%/50%
Mana Cost: 90
Range: 600
Cooldown: 6

W: Void Leap
Affects: Enemy units
Damage: Pure
Pierces Spell Immunity: Yes

Ashk'Orcharos focuses on an enemy, and after a short delay, teleports behind them, dealing damage in an area around him and interrupting the target. His next attack deals bonus damage based upon his Manifestations. Delay is reduced to 0.5 seconds if the target is within 1000 range. The global jump cannot target Heroes.
Delay Time: 5/4.5/4/3.5/3
Damage: 100/175/250/325/400
Attack bonus per Manifestation: 0.5
Range: 1000/Global
Cooldown: 18/70
Mana Cost:

Notes

E: Arcing Energies (Orb)
The Fiend's attacks have a chance to refract twilight, bouncing to the furthest target within a short distance. At certain Manifestation thresholds, another bounce is added.
Chance: 5%/10%/15%/20%/25%
Manifestation Threshold: 110
Distance: 300
Mana Cost: 14

Notes

D: Creature of the Dark Void (Passive)
Each time Ashk'Orcharos takes damage, there is a chance this damage will be negated and a large chunk of his mana will be removed instead. Each Manifestation subtracts an amount of mana removed, and converts this amount to area healing for the Fiend's nearby allies.
Chance: 15%
Mana Drained: 40%/35%/30%/25%/20%
Manifestation Reduction: 0.25%
Reduction to Heal: 20%/40%/60%/80%/100%
Heal Radius: 450

Notes

F: Harrowing (Passive)
Damage: Physical

The attacks of Ashk'Orcharos rip apart the target's very state of being. Each of his attacks deals damage in an area, while leeching a percentage of the damage dealt to restore the Fiend's mana. Damage is increased by Manifestations.
Base Damage: 2/4/6/8/10
Manifestation as Damage: 0.30
Area: 50/75/100/125/150
Mana Restore: 15%

R: Cataclysm (Ultimate)
Damage Type: Magical

Ashk'Orcharos exploits his manifestations to draw the world into the Dark Void. The targeted area is drowned in darkness, causing all enemies within it to take damage per second based upon the Fiend's Manifestation. In addition, this area will spread randomly, and finally stop growing once it reaches a radius of 1500 units. While in the Dark Void, Ashk'Orcharos gains movement and attack speed for each enemy taking damage.
Manifestation Damage Multiplier: 0.75
Increased Attack Speed: 15
Increased Movement Speed: 4%
Initial Area: 350
Mana Cost: 200
Cooldown: 40

So. Completely item-independant. Just needs to farm at least 200 last hits and then kills everyone. Even the hardest of hard carries eventually stop getting more powerful - this guy does not. As long as there are creeps on the map, he'll keep getting stronger, and stronger.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » May 6, 2015 7:35am | Report
Wow, nice one. Lovecraft fan? :)

I like the idea. Also the fact that he gets stronger by last-hitting creeps is nice because if he only gets to hard carry status by reaching level 25 it would make him pretty overpowered - since there are lots of ways to farm levels quickly in this game from Hand of Midas to farming empty lanes to abusing assist XP across the map. Surprisingly his level 25 ultimate which I thought would be complete rape is actually decent but not gamebreaking.

He just feels a bit OP to me.

- First, he's not item-independent. He actually scales with items, and really well I might add. Since he has a very strong DPS steroid with Arcing energies which is pretty much another take on Moon Glaives, AND he has another AOE cleave with Harrowing...this means that DPS items are really strong on him. Since last-hitting creeps make him stronger with manifestation stacks AND make him stronger with items, this means that his scaling is just way too good. Unless you make him incapable of buying items :)

- And second, Void Leap is broken as hell. Global range initiation on any enemy hero at any time with a 50 second cooldown? Just no :'(
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » May 6, 2015 7:45am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Wow, nice one. Lovecraft fan? :)

Maybe slightly :/

Hamstertamer wrote:

- First, he's not item-independent. He actually scales with items, and really well I might add. Since he has a very strong DPS steroid with Arcing energies which is pretty much another take on Moon Glaives, AND he has another AOE cleave with Harrowing...this means that DPS items are really strong on him. Since last-hitting creeps make him stronger with manifestation stacks AND make him stronger with items, this means that his scaling is just way too good. Unless you make him incapable of buying items :)

Ok, item-independent was the wrong term... he scales with items, but he doesn't need them - they just enhance his natural things. The logical slots I can think of for him are Mjollnir, Satanic, Skadi, Travels, and whatever else you want TBH. Just build damage/lockdown. That's what I meant by item independent. He can build basically anything and it won't hurt his carrying.

Hamstertamer wrote:

- And second, Void Leap is broken as hell. Global range initiation on any enemy hero at any time with a 50 second cooldown? Just no :'(

It was supposed to be a farming skill believe it or not. There are some simple fixes for that.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by IgnoranceIsBliss » May 6, 2015 7:55am | Report
Love this idea, :3
Im kinda new here but ill tell you what i think:
Every thing here is unique and well balanced, i just think that Void leap is too OP
it can deal 500 pure damage in global range with a small AoE and a 3 sec delay to it with just 50 seconds cooldown, so its basically a boots of travel with a AoE damage and gives you bonus attack damage. This would give you the ability to global gank like SB, rat like NP, and deal tons of damage like tinker, which can easily clear a creep wave if your going rat, and easily eliminate super squishy heroes, and not to mention it deals 500 PURE damage in a small AoE. just get Octarine Core on this guy and it would reduce that cooldown to 37.5 seconds.

Liked the idea to this but maybe nerf Void Leap damage and cooldown, maybe make it a base damage thingy that deals more damage based on the number of manifestations, and damage taken from the manifestation increases per level??

Its just a humble suggestion though. :)

Edit: does R(ultimate) stay there forever or does it have a duration??
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you can solve your problems, then what is the need of worrying?
If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?

Hero Ideas:
Daemon, The Headhunter
Nuegar, Mercenary of the Ruins
Dues, The Elemental Magus
Zermunt, The Plague Doctor
Alphyria, The Lady of the Skies

IgnoranceIsBliss

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » May 6, 2015 8:43am | Report
Edits to ideas, nerfing W and explaining his D passive a bit better.

The ult doesn't stay there forever - it dissipates shortly after reaching max size.

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved