Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Aquireil the Watershaper

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Aquireil the Watershaper 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TreePunchers » April 23, 2013 3:23am | Report
Aquireil the Watershaper

Uses a variety of spammy spells and late game can have constant damage, AoE and high movespeed. Switches water between states of matter to affect his stats and his ultimate ability. Relies on mana heavily and has a very "flowing" pun intended playstyle.
He centres around his E/D/F which all level together. They do an aoe ability upon activation and while toggled on give a bonus. Constantly spamming and shifting between these enables his W passive to lower the CDs on his Q, for constant damage late game once you have the mana, and lower his cooldowns for his ultimate(s).
His ultimates are generally AoE team fight abilities, with different twists.

This version of him is very WIP.

Radiant Intelligence
Base Str: 17
Str Growth: 1.7
Base Agi: 12
Agi Growth: 1.1
Base Int: 22
Int Growth: 3
Movement Speed: 300
Starting Armor: 1.1
BAT: 1.7
Damage: 44-54
Attack range: 600
Missile speed: 900

Q: Water Whip
Ability: Target Unit
Affects: Enemies
Damage: Magical
Forms water into a whip, dealing damage to an enemy.
Range: 200/500/800/1100
Damage: 60/90/120/150
CD: 20/15/10/5
Mana: 60

W: Flow
Ability: Passive
Affects: Self
Whenever Aquireil casts a spell or switches states, he reduces the cooldowns of his other spells, gains movement speed and passes through units for a short time.
Cooldown reduction: 1/2/3/4
Movement speed: 10/20/30/40
Speed duration: 1/2/3/4

E: Gas state
Ability: Toggle
When toggled on, creates a cloud of gas around Aquireil's allies within 300 range, causing enemies to miss some of their attacks for 3 seconds.
While on, gives passive move speed and dodge chance.
Move speed: 5/10/15/20%
Dodge chance: 5/10/15/20%
CD: 10
Mana: 30

Notes:
Only one of Gas/Liquid/Solid state can be active at once.

D: Liquid state
When toggled on, makes a splash which deals damage in a 300 radius around Aquireil.
While on, gives passive mana cost reduction, and increases the range for his abilities.
Splash damage: 20/60/100/140
Mana cost reduction: 10/20/30/40
Range increase: 100/150/200/250

Notes:
The mana cost reduction works when switching to another state.

F: Solid state
When toggled on, slows enemies in a 300 radius for 5 seconds.
While on, gives increased damage and a slowing attack.
Movement slow: 30/40/50/60%
Damage: 5/10/15/20
Attack movement slow: 5/10/15/20%

Notes:

R: Steam Blast/Tsunami/Blizzard
Casts a different spell depending on Aquireil's state.

Gas state: Steam Blast
Ability: Target Point
Fires a blast of scalding steam in a cone, dealing heavy damage and forcing enemies back.
Damage: 200/350/500
Knockback Distance: 200
Knockback Duration: 0.5
Range: 850
Radius: 100 (Starting Radius) / 400 (Distance) / 200 (Final Radius)
CD: 160/140/120
Mana: 350/450/550

Liquid state: Tsunami
Ability: Target Point
Summons forth a great tsunami from behind Aquireil, destroying trees and dealing damage in a massive area.
Damage: 150/250/350
Distance from behind: 1000
Range: 1000/2000/3000
Radius: 800
Speed: 500/1500/2500

Solid state: Blizzard
Ability: Channeled
Conjures a great blizzard which slows and deals damage per second to enemies inside it. Also blinds them from seeing other units inside or outside the blizzard.
Radius: 400/500/600
Range: 700
Duration: 5/10/15
Damage per second: 10/20/30
Movement slow: 20/35/50%

Notes: All ultimate abilities share a cooldown.

Changes:
23/4:
Base str decreased from 19 to 17
Int growth increased from 2.6 to 3

24/4:
Damage on Liquid state decreased from 60/100/140/180 to 20/60/100/140
Radius on Blizzard decreased from 400/600/800 to 400/500/600
Range on Steam Blast increased from 750 to 850
Damage per second on Blizzard decreased from 15/30/45 to 10/20/30

TreePunchers

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » April 23, 2013 3:44am | Report
I have never seen a hero this creative before. Seems very powerful in the mid-late game, but lacks an escape mechanism to make up for it. Good idea :)

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TreePunchers » April 23, 2013 3:49am | Report
porygon361 wrote:

I have never seen a hero this creative before. Seems very powerful in the mid-late game, but lacks an escape mechanism to make up for it. Good idea :)

Yea I'd see him as a mid/late game hero who would usually go mid, farm up some items and be incredibly helpful in team fights. His ganking is pretty average though, as he only has a slow on his E for CC before his ulti.

TreePunchers

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » April 23, 2013 3:54am | Report
Mana problems will also impede this hero until the lategame, so a Bloodstone or Linken's Sphere should be very important on him. Also, I think his starting strength gain is a little too high.

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TreePunchers » April 23, 2013 4:00am | Report
porygon361 wrote:

Mana problems will also impede this hero until the lategame, so a Bloodstone or Linken's Sphere should be very important on him. Also, I think his starting strength gain is a little too high.

I'd agree with the item choice, but not the strength gain. 1.7 str per level is the same as Invoker, Lion, Puck etc and these are all still fairly squishy heroes (they also have escapes/hard disables). When combined with his horrible agi growth he'll have little armour and still be quite squishy.

TreePunchers

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » April 23, 2013 6:34am | Report
TreePunchers wrote:

I'd agree with the item choice, but not the strength gain. 1.7 str per level is the same as Invoker, Lion, Puck etc and these are all still fairly squishy heroes (they also have escapes/hard disables). When combined with his horrible agi growth he'll have little armour and still be quite squishy.

Oops, I didn't read it properly there. :P

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazy Tom » April 23, 2013 7:00am | Report
I like this hero. It's like Invoker on easy mode. :p

Anyway, his ultimates are quite good, especially that blizzard. Holy **** that blizzard.

Though actually the thing that really needs a nerf IMO is his liquid form. It costs 30 mana for a 180 damage AoE spell, plus giving decreased mana cost and extra range? Combo that with his Q passive that reduces cooldowns? Sounds a little OP to me. :/. Unless you want this guy to carry, in which case I'd find this guy hilarious and awesome. He'd basically be ( whip -> blink initiation -> liquid form -> whip -> gas form -> whip -> liquid form -> whip -> gas form -> whip -> liquid form -> repeat ad nauseum ). There is almost no wait in between all those spells. Look at all that damage... It says "carry" to me. :p

Aside from that, I really like his teamfight capability and I would totally play him if he were in the game.

Crazy Tom

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TreePunchers » April 23, 2013 12:26pm | Report
Crazy Tom wrote:

I like this hero. It's like Invoker on easy mode. :p

Anyway, his ultimates are quite good, especially that blizzard. Holy **** that blizzard.

Though actually the thing that really needs a nerf IMO is his liquid form. It costs 30 mana for a 180 damage AoE spell, plus giving decreased mana cost and extra range? Combo that with his Q passive that reduces cooldowns? Sounds a little OP to me. :/. Unless you want this guy to carry, in which case I'd find this guy hilarious and awesome. He'd basically be ( whip -> blink initiation -> liquid form -> whip -> gas form -> whip -> liquid form -> whip -> gas form -> whip -> liquid form -> repeat ad nauseum ). There is almost no wait in between all those spells. Look at all that damage... It says "carry" to me. :p

Aside from that, I really like his teamfight capability and I would totally play him if he were in the game.

Yea I had a feeling his liquid form would be op. I still want it to reduced mana though, as it's needed for him to easily spam his abilities, although I may lower the numbers.
Yea, I kinda want him to carry, or at least semi carry with his range and spam. That's the point of him. BKB renders him useless however.

Also what did you mean by "Holy **** that blizzard"? Do you mean it's too good or too horrible? (I have a feeling it's op)

TreePunchers

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazy Tom » April 23, 2013 2:02pm | Report
TreePunchers wrote:

Yea I had a feeling his liquid form would be op. I still want it to reduced mana though, as it's needed for him to easily spam his abilities, although I may lower the numbers.
Yea, I kinda want him to carry, or at least semi carry with his range and spam. That's the point of him. BKB renders him useless however.

Also what did you mean by "Holy **** that blizzard"? Do you mean it's too good or too horrible? (I have a feeling it's op)

Yeah, it's fine if you want liquid form to lower mana cost. I'd just reduce the damage output.

As for blizzard, I was simply in awe of the sheer power of it. It's like Enigma's Black Hole, in that it will completely change the tide of a teamfight. It blinds enemy units in an 800 AoE for 15 seconds. They can do nothing except feebly try and walk out of the radius, unless they have a blink, or unless they have an AoE spell of their own to disrupt your channel. They are helpless unless they have certain heroes who would be hard counters to this spell (Earthshaker, Tidehunter, etc). I would almost say that it's OP, except I'm not really sure if it is, since it does have its counters that I have mentioned, as well as the fact that a BKB renders this guy next to useless anyway.

Long story short, it would be a b**** to play against, and a life-saver to have with you.

Crazy Tom

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TreePunchers » April 23, 2013 2:07pm | Report
Crazy Tom wrote:

Yeah, it's fine if you want liquid form to lower mana cost. I'd just reduce the damage output.

As for blizzard, I was simply in awe of the sheer power of it. It's like Enigma's Black Hole, in that it will completely change the tide of a teamfight. It blinds enemy units in an 800 AoE. They can do nothing except feebly try and walk out of the radius, unless they have a blink, or unless they have an AoE spell of their own to disrupt your channel. They are helpless unless they have certain heroes who would be hard counters to Aquireil (Earthshaker, Tidehunter, etc). I would almost say that it's OP, except I'm not really sure if it is, since it does have its counters that I have mentioned, as well as the fact that a BKB renders this guy next to useless anyway.

Long story short, it would be a b**** to play against, and a life-saver to have with you.

Yea it's actually 1600 AoE (800 radius). I want to keep a large area and the disable, but maybe I'll tone that down a bit. The thing is it doesn't do anything against BKB and hardly any damage. (675 over a long period of time, assuming they stay in it the whole time.)

TreePunchers

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved