Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Alexander, The Grand Commander

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Alexander, The Grand Commander 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AttackHelicopter » December 28, 2017 7:55am | Report
Disclaimer:This is a side project I wanted to do, this is not going to be my entry for the HCC contest that title will still belong to Elon Tesla, I want to change my entry but don't want to because first idk if I can and may and second I want to stick to my guns and still go with Elon although if given the chance I'll use this one and any future concepts up for a contest in the future.Now with that out of the way.

Hero Name: Ericsson, The Grand Commander

Base Health: 200 Base Mana: 75 Base Movement Speed: 290
Base Attack Time: 1.7 Magic Resistance: 25% Base Armor: 1
Base Damage Range: 23-28 Melee or Range: Melee

Stats
Strength: 29+2.9
Agility: 20+1.3
Intelligence: 18+1.7

Lore:
All who gets in our way will be crushed

Barbatus, Kingdom of greats. Home of the family Larya, a bloodline of elitist warriors. Among them was Ericcson, he was born in greatness, the kingdom he grew in was at it's peak. Bolstered economy, happy citizens, and a well-dressed army. His father was well received by his subjects, but not the kingdoms around Roma. On a sleepy night, the whole kingdom was taken by surprise as 3 kingdoms Verlumn, Pari and Katalan joined forces against the might kingdom, outnumbered they maybe but they fought back the invasion, together with his father Ericsson rode into battle, sword and spear in hand he slaughtered and butchered his way. But to his dismay, his father was slain, and with his dying breath, his father transferred his power to command all warriors loyal to him anywhere, anytime. With this power he cut his way through waves after waves after waves of enemies and at dawn, they emerged triumphant, with his father gone he put himself as the new king, promising not only to take revenge for this barbaric act but also to put them under a new empire that will last for a thousand years.

Roles:
Carry | Support | Disabler | Escape

Gameplay Summary:

Ericsson, The Grand Commander a Strength hero whose summoning abilities mirror that of Monkey King, However, these "summons" will do different things and will have different properties depending on whether they are to attack or defend.Blockade sends a line of spearman that can attack staticly or not, Grand Charge summons a chariot or a horse to charge to the enemy or to safety, Scout that can either detect wards or enemies alike and finally Imperial guards that can help to the death of an enemy or to the safety of an ally. Ericsson may not be directly responsible for the damage he will cause but one will always feel his precense in the battlefield.

Abilities:

Q:Blockade Cast Range: 500, Point Target, COOLDOWN:25/19/16/10 MANA: 140/160/180/200

Barbatus' Legionnaires with spears and shields are no slack when it comes to battles

Summons 5/6/7/8 Legionnaires forming a line Perpendicular to him
ATTACK:
The units will attack using their spears dealing 150/180/200/220 damage and bleeding the one in the middle for 20 per second in the next 6 sec. Max range of the attack is 200, they attack in a reverse 500 cone and will disperse after attacking.
DEFEND:
The units will attack any enemies who goes within 200 range of them both front and back dealing 90/100/110/120 Physical damage and slowing them by 30%, they will also destroy any projectile (both from abilities and attacks). But if they absorb 300/500/600/700 max amounts of projectile damage they will disperse early. Each unit can be killed with 2/3/4/5 hits but only by heroes and any unit that is considered as a hero and hero-creep units, base duration is 7
    - Each Legionnaire covers 100 radius
    - Slow and Bleed is dispellable by strong dispels
    - Cannot block thigs like Projectiles from items (like Nullifier and Rod of Atos), Pugna's Life Drain, Sniper' Assassinate and Gyro's Homing Missile
    - In game their Spears will glow if the attack command is on while the shield will have it if defend
    - Does not attack towers in defend mode

W:Grand Charge Point Target Cast Range: Global COOLDOWN:20 MANA:200

Barbatus' stables have well trained and fearless horses that charge to enemies to annihilate their defenses

Attack:
Summons a war chariot to rush in a 1000/1500/2000 line dealing 180/200/220/240 magic damage and stunning any enemy who goes within 200 radius of the chariot for 1.9/2.1/2.3/2.5 seconds,
Defend:
instead of summoning a chariot Ericsson summons Boucephalus, there is a 1.6 delay before the charge begins and during that time Ericsson can right click on an ally to be with him for the ride, during this they are slow immune but it will immediately stop if they are stunned also at the beginning of the charge they will knockback anyone within a 200 radius back 100 radius away
    - Both the Chariot and Boucephalus charge at a speed of 950
    - Can still cast items while charging in Defense mode
    - In game The Chariot will have a hellish glow on it while Boucephalus will have war armor on him

Knowledge is Power No Target COOLDOWN:60/50/40/30 MANA:90

Trusty scouts of Ericsson proves great aid in hunting enemies and detecting weakness among the warrior's ranks

Summons an uncontrollable Scout with 100/200/300/400 health, 370 movement speed, 300 attack range and unobstructed vision during the day.

Attack:
the Scout can attack enemies with a blowdart, these blowdarts deal no damage and travels at 1200 , but tracks the enemy instead revealing it and 200 radius of the enemy to your team
Defend:
It will Scout around a 500 radius of Ericsson, the Scout will make an audible shout that can only be heard by your team if there is a ward within the said vicinity whether it be a sentry, observer or both

- The blowdarts may have no damage however they are still considered being attacked by a hero meaning it can put items like Blink and Heart to cooldown, and once it attacks the hero it attacked will say its "getting attacked" voicelines.
    - Revealing is a mix of PA's Stifling Dagger and Bounty Hunter's Track
    - If killed the Scout gives 100 gold and 80 experience

E: Commander's Order Innate, No Target

No Warrior of Barbatus has ever defied the will of Ericsson

Changes the modes of his abilities from attack to Defend and vice versa
    - Only one mode can exist per cast
    - Is not Disabled by Break

R: Imperial Guards Unit Target, Cast Range:600 COOLDOWN: 60/50/40 MANA: 200/250/300

The Imperial Guards are considered the most elite of Barbatus forces serving to protect anyone who Ericsson considers his ally

Summons up 10 Imperial Guards around an allied unit
ATTACK:
The Guards will rally up in front of the allied unit, they will all attack in unison the enemy hero that allied unit they are protecting is targeting regardless of range. The attack will deal 100%/150%/200% of Ericsson's damage applying any and all attack modifier he has with no restriction, they will also skewer the enemy stunning it for 2.9 seconds after which they disperse.
Defend:
The Guards will make a circle around the allied unit forming a phalanx formation, in this mode they
will absorb 30%/40%/50% of the damage and has a 15/20/25% chance to reflect back 60%/75%/90% of the damage the assailant would have dealt to the unit sending it back together with any attack modifier that would have proc in that attack.If they manage to absorb 1000/1500/2000 worth of damage they will disperse early.
Both modes last 8/9/10 seconds
    - The Guards are not static and will move at the same rate as the unit they are protecting
    - Only the Defense mode works against towers
    - During attack mode they will all attack in unison immediately if it's within 200 range but if it's beyond that they will charge it traveling at a speed of 800
    - During attack mode, the units do not deal the damage individually but instead as one unit.

Talent Tree
Level 10:+ 10 Strength or 3 mana regen
Level 15:+ 60 Gold/Min or 15% Cooldown Reduction
Level 20:+ 150 damage or +25% Mana Cost Reduction on abilities
Level 25:+ 50 Stats on abilities while in Attack Mode or +50 stats on abilities while in Defend Mode
    -Bonus stats does not amplify any proc chance of any of his abilities

Thoughts about the hero? Comment it below all feedback is appreciated.

Changelogs

Proposed voicelines

AttackHelicopter

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Magnus Magus » December 28, 2017 9:08pm | Report
AttackHelicopter!

How can you give so good feedback to all other people but only come up with names like Nikola Musk and Alexander the Great... I mean Grand and Roma and Macedonia. I mean seriously. Coming soon, Gorge Washington!
(Also if you're going to rip off history at least do it right Rome didn't even exist then smh)

Anyway, lets get riiight into the news!

Q: I love this abilities attack mode, I hate defense. This is actually a common theme. I think attack could only better if the soldiers had 2/3/4/5 health and could be killed.
Defense is bad because instantly destroying projectiles is so powerful and counters so many things that it is rediculous, while making terrain is also powerful. Even worse, even attack mode is defending, just in a way that makes sense rather than an inpenetrable wall.

W: I'm not even sure how this is supposed to work, but if it is as a 2000 dotameter charge where he is literally impervious to anything in the game, I don't like it. That is mobility better than anyone else.
As for the attack mode, it looks pretty good. Where does the chariot come from, though?

E: (Knowledge is power) This ability is interesting, but with the defense ability it just becomes a way to deward except better.
As for its attack utility, I'm not sure if I like it even then. I think it would certainly work with a few tweaks and might in its current form.

D: As I've said, I really just don't think he needs the defense abilities.

R: This is my least favorite of his abilities. The damage of his clones is rediculous, and they are mobile unlike monkey kings in addition to dealing 3 times as much damage.
This is the only one where I think the defense mode is balanced. If I were to make the hero, I would just redo the ability.

Also, its spelled, "Imperial" unless I'm dumb.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

My hero and item ideas!

The Magnus Magus

Notable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AttackHelicopter » December 29, 2017 12:30am | Report

AttackHelicopter!

How can you give so good feedback to all other people but only come up with names like Nikola Musk and Alexander the Great... I mean Grand and Roma and Macedonia. I mean seriously. Coming soon, Gorge Washington!
(Also if you're going to rip off history at least do it right Rome didn't even exist then smh)

Anyway, lets get riiight into the news!

Q: I love this abilities attack mode, I hate defense. This is actually a common theme. I think attack could only better if the soldiers had 2/3/4/5 health and could be killed.
Defense is bad because instantly destroying projectiles is so powerful and counters so many things that it is rediculous, while making terrain is also powerful. Even worse, even attack mode is defending, just in a way that makes sense rather than an inpenetrable wall.

W: I'm not even sure how this is supposed to work, but if it is as a 2000 dotameter charge where he is literally impervious to anything in the game, I don't like it. That is mobility better than anyone else.
As for the attack mode, it looks pretty good. Where does the chariot come from, though?

E: (Knowledge is power) This ability is interesting, but with the defense ability it just becomes a way to deward except better.
As for its attack utility, I'm not sure if I like it even then. I think it would certainly work with a few tweaks and might in its current form.

D: As I've said, I really just don't think he needs the defense abilities.

R: This is my least favorite of his abilities. The damage of his clones is rediculous, and they are mobile unlike monkey kings in addition to dealing 3 times as much damage.
This is the only one where I think the defense mode is balanced. If I were to make the hero, I would just redo the ability.

Also, its spelled, "Imperial" unless I'm dumb.

Well very sorry and shizz, can't think of a good name for him might also redo the lore with the names changed(but I do like Gorge Washington as a hero, although I won't be making something that strays near to Murican thigs), and I'm a history geek so yeah and also yes that Imperial, not the Empirial one I think mixed it with Empirical and all so yeah thanks for the correction so to the abilities

Now I agree with all of the points and all I think having 2 modes don't work if they have a long duration except the R because that is what I intend to. So my proposed is maybe it's a one-time ability where you cast the ability, the ability does what it does and that's it so in the case of Blockade if you cast it, they attack immediately regardless of whether or not there are enemies and then they disperse so basically the switching of modes during the middle of the duration will no longer happen (except the E and R I will keep that) because my overall motif is having some kind of summon that doesn't have health, attacks or do what it's supposed to do but it has a cooldown (kinda like the illusion of MK in Wukong's command)

So Blockade, I also agree that the attack is very defense-oriented and all so what I plan to do is maybe, keep the duration ONLY in the defense mode, so basically the attack that it does now will be also put into its defense mode and I'll have the attack mode be an immediate thing where they will attack extending their spears and dealing damage with maybe a stun so the new motif of the hero is ATTACK mode is immediate while Defense has a duration to it. And also I will put a damage threshold to the Blockade's projectile block maybe after blocking maybe 450 max amount of projectile damage(both from spells and attacks) they will disperse early. Also, it will have limitations as to what it can block Dagons and things like the Rocket of Gyro(the one that stuns) will still fly through

On the Grand Charge, basically, it's like a debuff and damage immune Charge of Darkness if it has a baby with Magnus' Skewer(same with the Chariot) and both go out from the front of Alexander, aaaand yes I do agree that the defense mode is the worst because it's just that annoying to play against. Will rework the defense

On the E I really have no idea how to rework/tweak the defense mode maybe he is summoned and after 3 seconds of going around an area the guy will ping you saying if there are wards but it doesn't tell you where exactly (kinda like Scan tells you that there's a hero in the vicinity but doesn't tell you where he/she is specifically) And on the attack maybe he'll do the same but instead of tracking the guy will immediatly go back to you if he is ever to spot an enemy, and yu'll automatically alarm everyone that X hero is nearby or X,X and X heroes are close or something so basically you don't have someone pingging you and chatting B(which is quite annoying in SEA servers) plus gives bonus map awareness when there are no avbailable wards or if you run out of stock

On the R maybe redo the damage and make it a flat number or maybe they will have the same thing going on as MK's illusion in the Wukong's command basically they deal 100% of your attack plus any attack modifier you have on the Defense though glad you like it and all. so yeah

Anyways thanks for the Feedback and maybe in 3 days tops I'll rework this guy

AttackHelicopter

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved