Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

A New Pair Of Boots

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » A New Pair Of Boots 20 posts - page 1 of 2

Poll Question:

Do you want to see this item in the game?
Yes
No
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ZZX4SHO » January 4, 2015 8:32pm | Report
Sacrificial Boots

Items To Make It:
Soul Ring
Boots Of Speed
Ring Of Protection

Total Cost: 1450 Gold

Stats:
50% Mana Regen
3 Hp Regen
+55 Move Speed

Active Ability:

Sacrifice:
Consume 125 HP to give yourself and all allies in a 600 radius around you 150 mana. It also gives all allies in a 600 radius around you 1 armor for 15 seconds.

Cooldown: 25 Seconds

Appearance:
The boot is white and has a skull with horns embedded where the blue gem is embedded in the arcane boots. (Basically the same position as the blue gem on the arcane boots) (Oh and the skull with horns' eyes are glowing dark red. The background is like the arcane boots' background but more dark and red.)

So that's my idea. Please give suggestions and criticism

ZZX4SHO

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » January 4, 2015 9:02pm | Report
Whats the cooldown on this thing?
I mean if it is close to arcanes then you already have a better boot in that department.arcanes costing only 100 more and replenish every heroes mana if they are in the AoE.

Further, i presume these are caster boots?
So i think it is better if someone makes an arcane boots+griffon headdress hybrid. that 150 HP loss does hurt a squishy caster.

possible improvements: Maybe add the mana effect as an AoE effect.
Let cooldown be 25 seconds. Ditch the recipe and Add a ring of protection making it equivalent to arcane boots cost. So when you use the active it adds +1 armor to the AoE for 10 seconds.

Possibly, after this you need to nerf this thing because of a very formidable active:
So mana increase is scaled down to 135. Hp loss reduced to 120.
HP regen is reduced to 2/second.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ZZX4SHO » January 4, 2015 9:46pm | Report
True. I like the aoe mana thing. I'll make some changes.

ZZX4SHO

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » January 5, 2015 2:46am | Report
OP
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » January 5, 2015 3:00am | Report
Sorry, but I find them rather useless: what's the point in buying them instead of Arcane Boots? Extra regen? If I really needed mana and HP regen, I'd go for Tranquil Boots and Soul Ring, which cost a bit more but give armor and extra movement speed. Also, I think the cooldown of the active is too low, it has to be 50 seconds at least.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » January 5, 2015 3:08am | Report

Sorry, but I find them rather useless: what's the point in buying them instead of Arcane Boots? Extra regen? If I really needed mana and HP regen, I'd go for Tranquil Boots and Soul Ring, which cost a bit more but give armor and extra movement speed. Also, I think the cooldown of the active is too low, it has to be 50 seconds at least.

You hav3 3 armor, 2hp/sec constant regen, can provide mana, and +1 armor from active.
You can say OP but they are a wrothy combo or soul ring and tranqs in one go.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » January 5, 2015 3:21am | Report

You hav3 3 armor, 2hp/sec constant regen, can provide mana, and +1 armor from active.
You can say OP but they are a wrothy combo or soul ring and tranqs in one go.

It just feels like a useless item: I mean, it's basically a copy of Tranquil Boots and Soul Ring with an Arcane Boots-like active. Usually, complex items are different from their components: now, what's the difference between buying these Sacrificial Boots and keeping Boots of Speed, Soul Ring and Ring of Protection in the inventory without combining them? It's very minimal, and not game-changing enough to be relevant for a complex item in my opinion.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » January 5, 2015 3:52am | Report
YUp, that i agree with.
All items have some utility that do not interlap.
But this one is like a combination.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 5, 2015 4:36am | Report
off topic
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » January 5, 2015 6:39am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

off topic

offtopic but not that much
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved